• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Why has my forum thread been moved and closed?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
  • I posted a thread saying: "What percent chance that a person can beat a Charizard in a fight?" And I said that to guess what it's weaknesses(I don't mean type weaknesses) are, and that a person moved it for no reason to a forum post that says " How would these pokemon attacks feel in real life?" How can it be related to that? My forum is just about how a human him or herself can beat a Charizard. And when I posted a forum post about who is the best bug type pokemon to people, I'm not asking them, and I didn't need help on which is the best bug type. I'm sorry if I'm breaking the rules, I'm frustrated on why these 2 journal threads are being closed and moved for no reason and it angers me a lot and I just want an answer. Sorry moderators, I just want to know why.

Years
  • If you have a question as to why your thread was moved or closed, PM/VM the moderator of that section. The moderator(s) of a section are listed directly below the list of threads in that section. In this case, it sounds like your thread was in Pokemon General, so you would want to PM Toujours.

Volcanix769

Years
  • If you have a question as to why your thread was moved or closed, PM/VM the moderator of that section. The moderator(s) of a section are listed directly below the list of threads in that section. In this case, it sounds like your thread was in Pokemon General, so you would want to PM Toujours.

It is in General. And that I don't know if it was her.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I would have to venture to guess this falls under Cookie Cutter topics or it's too narrowly focused. There are multiple topics that fall under humans and people in real life topics. So if you made the topic more broad then it would probably not be locked. And even if you don't know it was Toujours you could have pm'ed her anyways since that is the section she is over and general moderations full under the forum moderators.

Volcanix769

Years
  • I would have to venture to guess this falls under Cookie Cutter topics or it's too narrowly focused. There are multiple topics that fall under humans and people in real life topics. So if you made the topic more broad then it would probably not be locked. And even if you don't know it was Toujours you could have pm'ed her anyways since that is the section she is over and general moderations full under the forum moderators.

I would have, but I never said anything about Charizard's moves.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am the moderator for that section, so yes it was me.

The Charizard thread was moved because I've asked all human vs. Pokemon theories to be put into the thread made by OreoMaster specifically about humans vs. Pokemon. That's where every thread related to it has been going. If I hadn't merged it there it would have been locked due to being too specific and falling soundly under "One-Question threads" that don't create any discussion.

The best bug type thread implied you meant for battling. If you were just asking what was the best to battle, the thread I linked you to when I closed it is where you would post it, not in Pokemon General. If it was a poll on which people think are best, it would fall under "No Favorite X Pokemon" polls and would also have to be locked.

And also in the future, yes, PM me. It's my section and this is not the way to handle an issue you have with my moderation of it. Other people in CQ+F can't really tell you my reasoning except for what you can read yourself in the threads, so if you have a question they can't answer it, only I can.

Volcanix769

Years
  • I am the moderator for that section, so yes it was me.

The Charizard thread was moved because I've asked all human vs. Pokemon theories to be put into the thread made by OreoMaster specifically about humans vs. Pokemon. That's where every thread related to it has been going. If I hadn't merged it there it would have been locked due to being too specific and falling soundly under "One-Question threads" that don't create any discussion.

The best bug type thread implied you meant for battling. If you were just asking what was the best to battle, the thread I linked you to when I closed it is where you would post it, not in Pokemon General. If it was a poll on which people think are best, it would fall under "No Favorite X Pokemon" polls and would also have to be locked.

And also in the future, yes, PM me. It's my section and this is not the way to handle an issue you have with my moderation of it. Other people in CQ+F can't really tell you my reasoning except for what you can read yourself in the threads, so if you have a question they can't answer it, only I can.

About that PM reply you sent to me, about how a person could get hurt, I was talking about finding Charizard's weakness.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • About that PM reply you sent to me, about how a person could get hurt, I was talking about finding Charizard's weakness.

To my knowledge, people that get a PM from someone usually reply to them in said PM, not in a thread. So I think the rest of this can be taken to that PM instead of this public discussion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Then there's no point in continuing here, lol. That was my point in my last post.

Back