• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: new people and profiles

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • is it not allowed to post VMs on new people's profiles or something? every new persons profile I visit, there is no option to post a VM... does a person need a certain amount of posts or something in order to receive VMs? is this some new rule or something that I am not aware of?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • You mean new members? Anyone can post a VM, even new members. They're not "posts" and they don't really add to your post count. There's no requirement as for new members posting a VM. (I seem to have proof because I've had new members with less than 5 posts VM me before.)

If a new member does not have a VM space, it may have indicate that the person disabled VMing.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years

• If a new member does not have a VM space, it may have indicate that the person disabled VMing.

Yes, a person can disable Visitor Messaging, just like they can disable smilies or other members' avatars and signatures.

These don't add to your post count, they used for members to chat with their fellow members here without going onto the forum's chat server.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    All new members should by default have the VM option enabled. If you found some profiles that didn't allow them, then you probably just coincidently stumbled on a couple that had disabled theirs. I've seen a few times where people who are only here to download hacks / lurk will disable VMs.

Back