• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chunao- A journey in the footsteps of magic REVAMPED (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
Years
  • The Chunao Journey- In the footsteps of Magic

SETTING- THE REGION OF CHUNAO

Chunao is a region to the south of the Pokémon world. It coasts aremostly long, sandy beaches, and inland the summer is long and hot while the winter is mild and snow-less. Rolling hills and plains share space with small lakes and leafy forests. The wildlife is blooming here, and the sea is a cornocupia of Pokémon and animals.

People crowd together in towns and cities. Of course, Chunao's best-known feature is the Pokémon Utopia, Polytropolis. Other notable places in Chunao is the sprawling Sandman Desert, with blazing hot temperatures and sand as far as the eye can see, as well as the Magic Forest, with its winding paths and gnarled oaks.

Pokémon from every region can be found here, and the people of Chunao knows to appreciate them. Nearly everyone is a trainer, a coordinator, or a breeder- if you don't have a Pokémon, you almost goes as disabled. For what could be better than scaling mountains with your trusted Lucario? Or scuba diving with a Seaking? Or just chasing your happy Jumpluff over a field where the Belossom dances? For the Chunaoians, nothing.

Here is the region map. It is made by Scarf! Cookies to scarf!

chunao.jpg

PRE-HISTORY- A WIZARD'S DREAM COMES TRUE

Ever since Chunao was a young region, ever since humans settled there, there was some individuals that were different from others. They had the abillity to change natural laws and logic itself. They could create many strange effects by unraveling and reweaving the fabric of time and space itself. We would know them as wizards. Fortunelately, the gift of magic also seemed to bestow understanding on its holder. No wizard ever attempted to drastically change the world or abuse his or her powers. They kept their powers very secretive, and for a long period, each wizard in the world thought he or she was the only one. But eventually, they found each other. And when they found out they were much stronger when working in collusion, they allied themselves into two factions. The Wizards Of The Sea wanted to use their powers to keep the world safe, while The Wizards Of The Wood wanted to use their gifts for more personal gains. Many a conflict sparkled between them, but they soon learned to settle down,as they could not afford losses.

After the third generation of wizards, the number of magical births plummeted. No one could explain it, but none of the little boys and girls seemed to have any potential for magic anymore. This both saddened and scared the wizards, as they feared that their ancient orders would dissappear. However, the Wizards Of The Wood discovered the secret of drastically slowing the aging process in their bodies, giving them insane longevities. But they refused to share the secret with the Wizards Of The Sea. And such, the latter one slowly dwindled in numbers, while the Wizards Of The Wood still stood strong in their base, the isolated town of Waldburg

As things were, all of the wizards had a common problem. They were unable to interact with Pokémon in general. For some reason, the creatures shunned anyone with magic blood in their veins. The wizards envied the normal people for this, as they thought it was meant to be. But one day, a Wood Wizard discovered a spell which would allow any wizard to befriend the many sopecies of Pokémon. After a long discussion abou the moral principles, the wizards decided to cast the spell. They worked on it over the next year, and the casting left nothing to complain about; all the wizards of Chunao could now keep and raise Pokémon. Even the Wizards of the Sea.

Then, a few years later, one of the wizards realised that Pokémon was power. His vision was a world ruled by wizards, as to ensure the best for everyone. His fellow Wizards Of The Wood agreed on this, and carefully laid their plan. Working against all the core principles of magic, they wanted to change the world to their own good. Unfortunelatly, they had forged a good plan, and they had the power to fulfil it. The weaving of the spells took over six years this time, but it was well worth it.

One fateful night, the wizards put their plan into action. A magical storm swept over Chunao. Every Gym Leader, Elite Four member AND the Champion was silently spirited away. And as the wizards rushed to take their place, the memories of the sleeping Chunaoians was subtly altered. When they awoke, everything was as normal in their eyes. The Wizards Of The Wood had taken thir first step towards ruling Chunao. They had even created an evil organization, Team Mistral, which seeks to gain even more Pokémon for theirr mystical masters.

However, while the Wood Wizards were busy building up to the night, there was a man, the last remaining Sea Wizard, who dicovered that he miraclously could interact with Pokémon. He became an expert on the creatures, and is today known as Professor Orchard. When the Wood Wizards couped the important Pokémon jobs, Professor Orchard knew all too well what was happening. He is arranging for them to fall,but he cannot do it alone....

THE PLOT

You are a young kid living in the Rockpoint Town, a small village well known as a great bathing and diving spot. Today is a big day, for today you are about to recieve your very first Pokémon from Professor Orchard. You know Pokémon well, but have never owned one yourself. With your new friend you will travel across Chunao, make new friends, battle Gym Leaders as you climb the ladder towards the Chunao League. Needless to say, you are filled with exitement! A new adventure awaits!

THE RULES (MUST READ!!

1.All PC rule apply, of course. This is an E-rated RP.
    2.STAY ACTIVE! If you're signing up for this RP, you ARE signing up for this RP knowing that five days of inactivity will give you a warning, and a week will make me kick you. Please tell me if you leave for an extended period of time.
    3.Use proper grammar.
    4.Try to add some substance to your posts.
    5.I am the RP master, and whatever I say goes. I decide on moves and evolution.
    6.Put «Gentlemen wear hats» into the beginning of your SU to show me you have actually read this.
    7.NO Godmoding, Bunnying, trolling and stuff like that. VERY low tolerance on this rule.
    8.NO legendaries either.
    9.Have fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her be the OOC thread. Please keep the OOC talk here...

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
  • I will, as long as HE stops asking strange questions... [Points at Jed]

Sorry about that, a curse of mine is to let those guys out every once and a while. He says yes though... NO FREAKEN DUH!!!

All in favor of Going on without the three NO SHOWS please raise your hands...

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    *keeps hand raised*

If they decide to show up, that's great. But I don't think we should wait for them to do so.

The Gaurdian

Years
  • Ok then, IF they show(That will be ONE LONG post.) that is great for them... For now, It sucks to be them. Let us March forth, ONTO Victory!!!

For those who are Late please report to our logistics AI below...

[VILI]: "DETOUR! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!"
    [VILI]: "CEASE AND DISIST!"
    [VILI]: "CONTAINMENT IS VITAL!"

Ok, so maybe he isnt up to code, but he does work... kinda...
    (Please note, that is not a real AI... It is a joke...)

Last edited:

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • Let's see... this will be a long post.

The active users who have yet to post in Chapter two are:
    -punkforlife93

Players who have not posted at all yet (and who are getting a warn now):
    -Neiko Star
    -cooldude345

Getting on, here's some IMPORTANT RULE READING:

Catching Pokémon:
    If you have RP'ed here before, you probably know what to do. For each route, I put up a list of catchable Pokémon. You may encounter them as you please, and make a "catching post" (i.e you describe the struggle to weaken and catch it) culminating in the throwing of the Pokéball. In my next post, I will tell you if you caught it. The better the post, the higher the chance of successful capture. If you catch it, I will tell you it's gender, nature and what kinds of moves it has.

Learning new moves:

BY LEVEL UP: I will tell you when a Pokémon is ready to learn a new move from the virtue of training. The abscence of levels creat more suspense (Yeah, riiiiight). A pokémon can know a total of seven moves at the same time. If learning a move would make your Pokémon know eight moves, you must forget one it knows to learn the new. Thell me which one in the OOC thread. You may also choose not to learn the new move, but you won't get a new chance to learn it.

BY TM: You will occasionally get TMs on your journey. Check out Bulbapedia to see which Pokémon are compatible with the TM. The you can go ahead and learn it like any other move.

Evolving:

BY LEVEL UP. Just like with moves, I will tell you when a Pokémon is ready to evolve. Then you may choose if you want it to evolve or not.

BY TRADE: Pokémon who level up by trade still does so. However, trading simply for evolutions sake is a no-no in this RP. These Pokémon can also evolve by making improtant changes in character, discovering new horizons and so on. Again, look to me for the cue to evolve.

BY HAPPINESS: These Pokémon evolve just like normal. When I feel your Pokémon is exceedingly happy, I will give the cue.

BY EVOLUTION STONE: There are NO evolution stones in Chunao! Instead, there are certain location which causes the Pokémon to evolve if trained there. Keep reading for the locations:

Fire Stone: In the caverns under Mount Sandman
    Thunder Stone: South of Linkcross, a route often called Thunder Plains
    Water stone: Underwater in Chunao Bay (Not as hard as it sounds, battling underwater is very popular in Chunao)
    Leaf Stone: Magic Forest (Also caues Eevee to evolve into Leafeon)
    Moon Stone: Inside Crown Peaks
    Sun Stone: On the Northisl or the Sydisl
    Dawn Stone/Shiny Stone: In Waldburg there is a tower dedicated to the cycle of day and night. Standing in the Lens Chamber at the moment of dawn causes the Pokémon to evolve.
    Dusk Stone: Same as above, but at dusk.

Remember, no evolutions without my cue!

That's all for now.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • No they're not. Last time I didn't even bother writing these things down.

Ok, cooldude 345 has posted, and Neiko Star has been busy with school, but has promised us a post soon.

We cannot start chapter 3 now anyway. None of you has left Rockpoint Town.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I'm posting tommorrow, I've had a ton of work to do. My post is more than halfway done, but its 1 here and I just finished with homework.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Hi guys! Sorry for the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnng delay. :)

The Gaurdian

Years
  • Thats Okay Neiko, We didnt mind at all... If ya didnt notice, the RP section has been rather slow lately, so a minor delay doesnt matter.

Why, hello there. Did that hurt? Yeah, bullet-restance glass does that to someone. Want to see a little trick to keep your mind of the pain? Let me see your finger... He He He.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    My arm's starting to ache after being rose for so long. I think most of my answers in this thread'll be a yes.

I keep going to bed at, like, 5:00 AM lately.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • OK, I'm gone til friday, people.

I'm opening chapter 3 and route 1 for you. I hope you have all posted when I come back :) Build relationships, train, try to catch Pokémon ( remember, if you try you'll have to wait for me to get back before you can continue).

Have a good time, people :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back