• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free-to-use Custom Pokemon Sprites

Years
  • Don't you hate it when you find an awesome sprite and want to use it for a rom hack, but then you find out it isn't for public use? Yeah, well I've decided to remedy this with a thread dedicated to free use sprites. These don't have to be just fakemon either. They can be real custom style pokemon, trainers you've made, tilesets, icons, or even just sprite artwork. So let's get creative and help out those rom hackers who can't sprite very well. I'll get us started with some fakemon that I made a little while back.
    http://www.imgur.com/dFIQLhr

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I would like to add a couple overworlds I made, and Sprites I made that I'm not going to use.

Two Overworlds:
    A very simple mash-up between a police man and a guard, to give the guard a walking animation.
    IET8nKm.png

Recolored Camper to reflect the Ranger outfit.
    ziqOj5z.png

Fakemon Sprites:
    3bgGGzJ.png

WJHPXCV.png

Also, why don't you just post a direct link to your images?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    So long as you guys and any future participants are posting your own work, I'm fine with it! Just don't post anything without the original artist's permission. :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I really like the fact that you decided to help those who suck at spriting (like me) for their projects. I might ask for help later on, so I hope you don't mind if I drop by some time.

Anyway, I like that Terralisk of yours. Looks epic, but cute at the same time (I'm a fan of caterpillar-like thingies) ^_^

Years
  • Some retro style sprites. Gba recolors of old pikachu and farfetchd. And gb recolors of the haxorus line and darkrai.
    imgur,com/dQMQJic

Edit: was kinda hoping more people would participate, but what're ya gonna do.
    A pokemon drawing and some evos ave prevos.
    imgur,com/ua0vXlU
    imgur,com/EPIb2YD

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • You know what , I'm going to be starting on a new project and I'm looking for Custom "Fake"mon & Characters , could you be able to help out ?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • This is an amazing thread idea. I'd like to see this up with the DCC as an official thread, I think that what you're doing for the community is spectacular especially considering the lack of sprite shops we currently have! (Shout-out to my main man flipancake for recently opening one though!)

If I ever delve into sprite art, I'll definitely contribute something here! :)

Years
  • I'm glad people are liking the idea :)
    The main reason I started it was because I couldn't find a good free to use sprite area anywhere, so I plan on making as many sprites and art pieces as possible. Just gotta find the free time between work to do it.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    There was a free-to-use sprite resource thread before, and it was jam-packed with fakemons. Unfortunately, that was a loooooooooooooong time ago, and the image links died. :(

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Once there's a tangible amount of custom sprites here, I'll make sure this thread gets stickied or, at the very least, becomes a part of A&D's Resource Thread. We need more projects like this to help our brother hackers!

But yeah, if / when this thread takes off, I'll make sure all the sprites are organized and represented.

Also, boggle69, once you have 15 posts you'll be able to post images, so make sure you come back and edit your posts to include them!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2020
    Free to use and made by me. No name So feel free to call it whatever you choose.

Attachments

• dpfma0001.png
      dpfma0001.png
      824 bytes · Views: 661

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
    Years
  • attachment.php

Anybody remember the weird kid in Gen4 that don't face towards you when you speak to him? Turns out that dude was holding a DS. Well look at what he's holding now!

(Please give credits if you're gonna use it~ Don't be "credit-stingy" lol)

Attachments

• Kid Gamer.png
      Kid Gamer.png
      20.8 KB · Views: 2,997
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    I'm really interested in using some sprites from this thread! I really like the Terralisk line. When I credit you in my game should I use your Username for here (boggle69) or something else?

Back