• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Can't find merge conflict?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 14, 2022
I'm in the process of applying DizzyEgg's modifications to pokeemerald, except I'm running into a serious problem when I try to manually merge the three repositories. So when I pull item_expansion (after pulling battle_engine), I get some merge conflicts, as expected:
Spoiler:

However, when I go to modify the problem code, for example in wild_encounter.c, I can't find the "<<<<<<HEAD" string anywhere in the file:
Spoiler:

I'm completely stumped on how to fix this, every tutorial on merge conflicts assumes that this string insertion happens but for whatever reason it hasn't for me

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm in the process of applying DizzyEgg's modifications to pokeemerald, except I'm running into a serious problem when I try to manually merge the three repositories. So when I pull item_expansion (after pulling battle_engine), I get some merge conflicts, as expected:

However, when I go to modify the problem code, for example in wild_encounter.c, I can't find the "<<<<<<HEAD" string anywhere in the file:

I'm completely stumped on how to fix this, every tutorial on merge conflicts assumes that this string insertion happens but for whatever reason it hasn't for me
You already brought this up in my tutorial about merging Egg's branches and I already replied.

Back