• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed ++

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Pokémon FireRed ++

URlnhpH.png

General Info

Hi! My name is Claire, and this is Pokémon FireRed ++.

This started out as a personal project for myself - I set out to put together a rom-hack that had the features I felt were missing from the various FireRed-based hacks that I had played in the past. I wanted to make a hack that I myself would play from start to finish. I set out to make a FireRed experience that I personally think is the best way to play the game. That is obviously subjective, but whatever.

I decided I would share some of my progress so far while I continue to polish it.

Planned Features

(Built using Leon's amazing DPE + CFRU ROM Base, alongside the Complete FireRed Upgrade and Dynamic Pokémon Expansion Patches. Many, many, many of the features in this project would simply be impossible without these tools.)
    • Completely overhauled Sevii Islands.
      This is really the main reason I started this rom-hack, and what I hope will set it apart from the others.

I feel like there is a lot of untapped potential in the post-game for FireRed - my goal is for the Sevii Islands to be the massive post-game it should have been.

I have a few ideas for how to approach this - maybe add a gym on each island and expand the game's campaign to be 15 gyms? Not sure yet.

• Increased difficulty and an improved level curve

• Mega-evolution, all learn sets, items, and moves updated to reflect modern standards.

• Almost every area has at least one unique Pokémon encounter at a low rate - keep looking!

• A much longer and well-balanced campaign - extra story elements, cutscenes, and boss fights. No more of that weird emptiness you felt after around the 6th gym - (around this point in the original games, it kinda felt like being at a gas station at 4 in the morning, or like, an empty Walmart. Is that just me?)

• Changes made to every single map - sometimes minor, sometimes major. Think B/W -> B/W2 levels of changes and restructuring.

• Extra aesthetic changes, such as new health bars and text-box styles!

• B/W style Pokémon Summary Screen, B/W style repel system, gain XP from catching Pokémon, Reusable TMs, etc.

• Day/Night, Real-time clock (RTC)

• Full recapitalization

• HG/SS styled Pokémon Selection Screen

[*] Lastly, Ledian is broken as heck

...and more! Check the thread for CFRU here for more information.

What's Done So Far?
    Most of the features I mentioned above are fully implemented. As for the route and city overhauls and trainer changes, I have up to about Pewter City done. I'm a full-time college student so I can't exactly work on this all the time - I'm trying!

Plans (in order of priority)
    1. Finish adding all the features such as finishing the UI, changes to Pokémon, etc.
    2. Level curve balancing, wild encounter editing, etc.
    3. Kanto map changes, the new areas that I mentioned
    4. Sevii Islands overhaul
    5. Finishing touches
    6. Should be done by this point.

Screenshots

gbUTAkK.png

Credits

• Me - Creator
    • CSS template by Achromatic
    • Leon for the DPE + CFRU Rom Base

Bugs

• N/A

> Discord

TBA

Download

Soon™
    Most likely will post a download link when I have around 5-6 gyms worth of gameplay.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2021
    Please please please include a mission log, this is very exciting i hope the discord comes soon

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    Oh this looks like it's gonna be a nice hack. Can't wait to see the revamped areas.
    Keep it up!

blitz_2k

Kabe
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    What about adding an IV perfecter, an Ability changer and, Nature changer and a place to train EVs?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • One thing that would be cool is the ability to use HMs on the map without the need to teach it to the Pokemon.
    It would be great if you can add this, but anyway the hack is good as it is.

Keep up the good job.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    One thing that would be cool is the ability to use HMs on the map without the need to teach it to the Pokemon.
    It would be great if you can add this, but anyway the hack is good as it is.

Keep up the good job.

Definitely planning on this, and ty

What about adding an IV perfecter, an Ability changer and, Nature changer and a place to train EVs?

Yeah, ability/nature changers would probably be pretty simple to add as Key Items. A place to train EVs is a maybe, it depends on how I approach the EV/IV part - I'd imagine a dedicated EV training location would be an outdated approach but who knows. I've thought of disabling gaining EV's from battles and just letting you set any 2 stats you want to 252 with an item after you beat the Elite Four, maybe I'll do that...

Years
    • Seen today
    In Pokemon Inclement Emerald, there's an NPC that adds EV's to your Pokemon for $100 per EV, and resets them for free. Maybe you can add something like that too?

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    "Lastly, Ledian is broken as heck"

Now this is one thing that pike my interest. I wonder how you would make it so?

The rom hack focusing on the Sevii Islands is certainly a potential, and 15 Gyms (one for each original 15 type from Gen 1) will certainly help it stand out compared to other Fire Red / Leaf Green romhacks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    where to find in this forum place where is written about some updates on pokemon games, some new versions some new cheats, or something similar?

Back