• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Bike Parked and Hours on Pause Menu

Years
  • I cannot have a better title.

My first problem is about the Bike.
    I use Black and White graphics and sprites on my little game project and I got an issue due to the bike sprite.
    In the original 4gen/5gen game, when the player stops, the player's sprite bike is parked, but since Pokémon Essentials use 3gens sprites, the parked one does not exists.
    171126115800761171.gif

Here's the results I want :
    Spoiler:

The second one is a question.
    I want to set the time (and possibility to add day too ? Like => 26/11/17) in the pokémon menu. I know I can use a script that gives a custom menu, but I want to keep the regular menu and set the Time... I don't know, in the left corner or somewhere the player can see.

I was looking for a solution before but I didn't find anything about the bike sprite problem nor the time.
    Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2018
    You need a separate graphic which will be shown when the player stop moving. And for the time, I think you want a HUD which is showing time in which case you can check out some HUD scripts we have here.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    You don't need a separate graphic, it's that whatever graphics you're using for the bike animation were badly ripped or set-up, which you can tell by Rosa's ponytails not animating when she moves. You just need to set up the graphic like any normal essentials character set.

Years
  • But I really like this parked bike, it feels more "natural" and give a fluid animation to the characters.
    There's no way to make the movement like the running animation and the walking animation and make the same for the bike ?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2019
    You don't need a separate graphic, it's that whatever graphics you're using for the bike animation were badly ripped or set-up, which you can tell by Rosa's ponytails not animating when she moves. You just need to set up the graphic like any normal essentials character set.
    i'm actually using the one i put in the attachment, as you said i have to use this one to have the parked bike so where do i have to put the parked bike graphic into the one i'm using?

Attachments

• boy_bike.png
      boy_bike.png
      18.9 KB · Views: 14
    Back