• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen someone plz explain dis shiny buisness!

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
Years
  • wat do u lot mean in your signitures i got so and so shiny pokemon.

wat are they and how do u get them.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • A shiny pokemon is a pokemon that is a different colour to what it normally should be. When you send them out gold stars go around them aswell.
    There is a 1/8192 chance of seeing one.
    Sure Fufu will be here with a better explanation later.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    there just diffrent colour pokemon
    you get them the same way as you do normal pokemon but they are alot harder to find

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Which means they're usually weaker, since most of the time they're the wrong nature.

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
  • Which means they're usually weaker, since most of the time they're the wrong nature.

Shinies are so annoying...I swear, getting shiny Pokemon has become more popular than battling itself...

I have a shiny Golbat, and to be honest, I'd release it before giving it to someone online to fulfill their completely empty obsession.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • Ah yes, the old Pokemon of a Different colour. Shiny Pokemon as the others explained are very rare and hard to find. For example, Pikachu is yellow right? If I were to go to Viridian Forest and look for a Pikachu there and I was very lucky, I would find an Orange little furry friend instead. Of course it is very rare and valuable. If you do get one you have big bragging rights and loads of people will want to trade for it.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • The bragging rights are starting to go down now because of all the online trading that is going on. But with you catching them yourself you know that they haven't been cloned or hacked and are 100% legit. Unless you cheated to get them ofcourse.

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Alot of people are asking for shiny legends. Point most shiny legends are hacked or AR'ed. To be honest i'll stick to my normal shiny hunting and fossil hunting lol :P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I also remembered that if you use the pokeradar it helps you to get shinies. But since i don't have the game yet someone else will have to explain that further.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mizer

That a Banana in Your Pocket?
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    The shinies will more likely appear to spots identified with the pokeradar that are silver.

Shiny Legends are possible to come by, however you must be willing to give lots of time restarting and starting up your DS to find one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Shinies are WAY too overrated. They have no stat boosts or anything unextraordinary. They just look different

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Well, even though i'm new to wifi, i've played pokemon since the start (my uncle works for NOJ, sent me a copy of green), and i think collecting shinys is a semi-fun thing to do, but i dont think anyone is tyring to get one of every shiny. 4 members of my team are shinys, with accptable IVs and correct natures. I've got my perfect non legendary team and I'm happy. i only seek out a shiny if i wan that pokemon on my team, and i think thats acceptable.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • No you can get them in Gold, Crystal, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leafgreen, Firered, Diamond and Pearl. Chances are that you'll be able to get them in any up-comming games too.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Ichida said:
    Which means they're usually weaker, since most of the time they're the wrong nature.
    Uh... no! The chances of the shiny having a good nature are just as good as any other Pokémon having a good nature. The only difference is that it if you catch a normal Pokémon and don't like its nature you can just catch or breed yourself a new one. I just wanted to point out that theoretically, the chances of a shiny Pokémon having a good nature are as good as any other Pokémon having a good nature. Going by your logic any Pokémon is usually weak because most of the time it'll have the wrong nature. (unless you use an Everstone or Synchronize in which case there's a 50% chance of getting any nature you want.)

Back