• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Delirium [IC]

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Blaze Tyron

Episode 5

When I reached the outskirts of the city, fog encircled the massive Gates and the guards looked me down. I flashed my badge, they gave curt nods, and allowed me passage into Celeste City. Finding the Pokemon Center wasn't hard, and once I entered, I was startled by the nurse who stood behind the counter. "Hi, welcome to the Pokemon Center! Thank you for trying to help the region, immune. Do you have pokemon that need healing?" she asked. I looked puzzled. She had on the same outfit as the lady in Gallant Town.
"Excuse me. How did you get here? I just saw you in Gallant Town." I said, handing her my two pokeballs. "There is no way you could've traveled here in that fast time."
The lady took my pokeballs and put them in the healing machine. She turned to me. "Oh, you silly. We aren't all the same person. We are all sisters! Call us Nurse Joy. There is a different sister Nurse Joy for every Pokemon Center in the region." The healing machine dinged, a sign that it was done. The Nurse Joy walked to the machine, grabbed my two pokeballs, and handed them back to me. I took them and put them in my pocket. "Well, that is interesting. I'll remember that for next time. Bye Joy!" I said, walking out of the automatic sliding door and back into the city.
Thankfully, the darkness and fog that had covered the city were extinguished by the street lamps and other lighting sources found throughout. But now I didn't know what to do. I was in an unfamiliar city where the only thing I knew where to find was the Pokemon Center. So, I just decided to walk the lit streets of the city until I found something interesting or something out of the ordinary. It only took about 5 minutes of walking aimlessly until I did find something out of the ordinary; A fairly big area of grass that stretched farther than my eyes could see. I looked down the area, and only saw grass, aside from some benches here and there. This must be some sort of park or something... I thought. Having nothing better to do in this city, I started traversing down the man-made wilderness of this city.
The place looked like a normal park in every way, only this park was a lot bigger than any of the other parks I had seen. There were park benches scattered here and there, but it was mostly neatly cut grass and trees. I was walking past one of the trees when I heard a noise. I stopped for a second, but disregarded it as I thought I was just hearing things. But when I started walking again, I heard the noise again. I stopped, but this time I turned around and looked up. Up in the tree, there was a bird with some yellow for hair and yellow on its wings. The bird squawked again, and I got out my pokedex to scan it. Robird, the White Face Pokemon. One of the harder bird Pokemon to tame, Robird are smart and mischievous. They will sometimes listen to their trainers, but often times not, which makes them unpredictable battlers. Sometimes it's hard to figure out if they are simply helping others for their own benefit. "Well," I said. "It's a bird, so maybe my bird could get some experience fighting another bird! Go, Buraco!" I exclaimed, throwing out the pokeball that contained Buraco. My newly caught pokemon looked at me, and I looked back at him. But out of the corner of my eye, I notice the bird sweeping down towards the Buraco with wings of steel. I point at it and yell, "Buraco, watch out!" Buraco turned around, and seeing the Robird barreling towards her, quickly flew up and out of the way of what would've been a head-on collision. I then started to command the pokemon.
"Buraco, use Peck!" I command. The Buraco, high in the air, starts flying back down and chasing the Robird. The Robird was flying back to its tree, but Buraco caught up to him and hit it with her beak. The impact sent Robird into the trees, but it quickly came flying back. The bird looked mad, and proceeded to start to discharge electricity from its body, and sent it straight towards Buraco. Fearing the worst for my weak little bird, I quickly got her pokeball out and sucked in Buraco back into it before the electricity hit. The electricity kept going until it hit another tree. I got out Drister's pokeball and threw it, sending him out. "Alright, Drister. Let's do this! Use Bubble!" I said, and Drister proceeded to spew out bubbles from his mouth, heading towards the pokemon. However, the Robird was smart and weaved in and out of the bubbles while coming in for another attack. I saw that the Robird was charging again. "Drister, meet its Peck attack with a Headbutt!" So after Robird dodged the bubbles, it headed straight for Drister, but Drister started moving towards the Robird with a Headbutt. The two pokemon collided, and Robird was sent spiraling backwards due to it weighing less than Drister.
"Alright, Drister. Finish the battle with Twister!" I exclaimed. So Drister formed a blue orb around his tail, and sent it flying towards the spiraling Robird. The orb expanded into a twister and caught the pokemon. Robird was sent spinning inside the twister and was eventually tossed up high in the air. Gravity eventually caught it and sent the bird downwards back into the tree and out of sight. I turned to Drister. "Good job!" I exclaimed.

"I'd like to see your Buraco have a complete battle. I see a lot of potential in the pokemon!"

I started looking around wildly. "Who said that?" I said nervously.

"Stop, and turn to your right. I'm right here."

I did as told. All of a sudden, in front of my eyes, was a young woman. But that can't be right. The only people allowed outside were the immune or city workers.
"Yes, I am an immune. My name is WIllow, it is a pleasure to meet you. We can talk later. Right now, I want to see your Buraco fight a complete fight. Look to your right, in that tall area of overgrown grass. See that Larvoat sticking its head out of the grass? I want your Buraco to fight it. You can ask questions later." WIllow said to me. I was a little freaked out, but I decided to go with it anyway. She didn't seem that bad anyway. So I threw out my pokeball and sent out Buraco.
"Hi again Buraco. See that Larvoat over there in the grass?" I pointed towards the bug in the grass. "Alright, Buraco, use Peck!" I said. On command, Buraco started flying towards the bug for a peck attack. However, the bug shot out a bundle of string towards the bird, which made contact with Buraco, slowing her down. Larvoat then jumped to its left to dodge the attack. When Buraco flew past and into the ground where Larvoat should've been, Larvoat started charging towards the dazed bird.
"Buraco, look to your right!" I exclaimed. Buraco unlodged her head from the ground, and looked to her right to see a charging bug. Right when Larvoat was going to make impact, Buraco screeched and jabbed her head towards the Buraco. Larvoat, not ecpecting this, was thrown backwards.
"Alright, Buraco. Use Peck!" I exclaimed. Buraco flew back up in the air and barreled towards the Larvoat, making direct impact with the beak. Larvoat slid back a considerable distance and finally slumped over, defeated.
"That was a wonderful battle!" I turned to the right and saw the woman, Willow. Her hand was extended towards me. I extended my hand likewise and we shook hands.
"Thanks. My name is Blaze. What are you doing out here?" I asked. Willow twirled her hair.
"Same thing you guys are doing as the immune. I'm out here with my pokemon, trying to figure out what is causing the Hysteria thing. It is truly a wonder, this disease. I feel very lucky that I am immune to the disease, and I'm sure you do too." Willow said.
"Oh definitely, I am. So why are you out here, by yourself?" I asked. She seemed puzzled.
"Well, I can ask the same thing Blaze. Why are you out here, by yourself?" Willow asked. She had stumped me.
"Well... uh... never mind. Why don't you adventure with me and try to find this cure together?" I asked.
"That won't be possible. I have certain... ties to a town. That's all I can say. Plus, I like being alone a lot of the time as well. There are a few times like this when I like to talk to people, but being in nature, or as close to nature as you can get in a town is pleasing to me." Now I was puzzled.
"Well alright then. Why did you want to see my pokemon battle?" I asked.
"I have a certain fondness of the ability of pokemon. I find it fascinating to see everything a pokemon can do in a battle! So it was mainly for my pleasure. Sorry!" Willow said.
"Oh, that's no problem. It's good that my pokemon got some more battle experience." I pointed back the way I came. "I should probably head on out, go back to the Pokemon Center or something." I said. Willow then took off a backpack she had on her back in reached into it.
"Before you head out, at least take these." She pulled out a small little bag. "In this bag there is an oran berry, a sitrus berry, and a poffin. You should know about the berries. But the other thing is called a poffin. If you feed it to your pokemon, it's friendship towards you will increase. I read that certain pokemon evolve if their bond with their trainer is strong enough due to friendship, so hopefully it will help you on your adventure!" Willow said. I took the small bag from her hand. I started walking back towards where I came from, waving back at Willow.
"It was nice meeting you! Maybe we will meet again sometime!" I exclaimed, my Buraco following me.
"I hope we meet again as well! Have a great day!" Willow said.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

BLAZE TYRON:
Welcome to Celeste City!

Buraco grew to Level 6 against Robird! Drister grew to to Level 16 against Robird, as well! Drister would like to learn Aqua Jet. Would you like him to forget a move to learn Aqua Jet?
Buraco grew to Level 8 against Larvoat and learned Sand Attack! Buraco gained half a heart of Friendship!
friendship-half_zpshuezhoau.png

Willow wishes you well! In exchange for talking with her, you received an Oran Berry, a Sitrus Berry, and a Level 1 Puff!
Bag_Oran_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Sitrus_Berry_Sprite.png
Level1_Puff1_zpsmx8vqxul.png

Details will be updated momentarily!

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia10"]Julia Clark & Blaze Tyron[/alink id]
Meetings and Reunions
Celeste City; The Private Academy of Pokemon Biology and Evolution
[alink id="inv10"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia10[/a id]
Julia rose out of bed, lazily running her hands through her hair; she got ready to go and sent out Pearl. Pearl popped out of her Pokéball with a sloppy smile on her face. The large steel type Pokémon walked up to Julia, tails waving back and forth with her gait. Julia grinned back and said, "Hey buddy! Are you getting used to your new form?" Pearl let out a deep booming noise in affirmation.

Julia trained her Pokédex on Pearl, curious to learn what she could about the Ramtrill. Although, upon thinking about it, Julia recalled that the Lead Protector of Celeste Cty, Nadine, had a Ramtrill as well. Picking her brain about the Pokémon would be very interesting. The Pokédex began its presentation, "Ramtrill, the Melding Pokémon. Unlike with its pre-evolved form, Ramtrill has the ability to alter the temperature of its body. It can produce molten steel from its mouth, and it often helps construction workers in melding materials together. Ramtrill's moves are: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout, Iron Tail, and Flame Burst."

"Wow buddy, so you learned Iron Tail and Flame Burst? Nice!!" Julia exclaimed. Pearl corroborated her sentiment with a cheerful grunt. "Hm..." The girl pondered for a second, "Maybe I should check Einstein for good measure." With a pop the Bainuu appeared, giving Pearl a steely once-over. The water type rested still in the air, unmoving except for its tail that kept a constant rhythm swishing back and forth.

Julia pointed the Pokédex at Einstein and it spoke, "Bainuu, the Sharp Edge Pokémon. After evolution, Bainuu grows spikes and a plate on its head which resembles, and is as hard as, steel. Most Pokemon do not prey on Bainuu now because of the spikes and its hard scales. Bainuu's moves are: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect, Double Team, and Aqua Tail."

"Uh, okay. Cool," Julia quickly returned Einstein, shirking away from his new attitude. "Alright Pearl, let's go." The duo left the hotel and headed directly for the college, Pearl garnered plenty of looks par usual, even more than before because of her large size.

When Blaze reached the place where he entered Central Park, he looked around. He couldn't remember which way he came from. Blaze looked up at Buraco with a puzzled expression, "Do you remember which way we came from, Buraco?" Buraco shook her head, and Blaze grunted in response. He had two options: he could either go left or right. He had a fifty percent chance of going back the way he came but also a fifty percent chance of getting lost all over again. After taking a few moments to decide, Blaze decided to head right.

After a few turns, Blaze realized he had headed the wrong way. He now had no idea where he was, and neither did Buraco. Blaze looked up and told his Pokémon this. "Buraco, I got myself lost. I have no idea where we are, so we are just going to walk in this city until we find a Pokemon Center or something of interest. Does that work for you?" Buraco nodded her head, and so the twosome continued to walk along the street.

After around fifteen minutes of wandering around the streets, something caught Blaze's eye. In the distance, walking the other direction, was a woman that seemed to be about Willow's age, maybe a little bit younger. However, that fact wouldn't have distracted Blaze. The fact that this lady had a decently big Pokémon walking with her was what seemed astonishing. People aren't supposed to have pokemon out here, are they? Blaze thought. Aren't only immune and city workers supposed to have Pokémon outside? If she is a government worker, what is she doing just wandering out here? At a loss of what to do, Blaze quickly walked to a nearby building along the road and sat down along the wall of the building.

Julia continued in the direction of Blaze, not noticing him, but Pearl saw his Buraco. The large Pokémon cocked her head to the side and stared at the dark bird Pokémon, confused. Julia glanced in the same direction and recoiled instantly. Before taking action, she noticed Blaze sitting next to the Buraco staring at her strangely. For some reason she felt like she recognized him, so she gingerly stepped forward and said, "Uh, hi. You wouldn't happen to be immune also, would you?"

Blaze was shocked at the statement. This meant he had encountered two immune in one day! He stammered for his next statement. "Uhh... Yea. I am. I take it that you are one of the immune as well?" Blaze asked.

Julia nodded with a smile, "Yeah I am!" She paused, "Fancy that. Anyways, I was just heading over to the college, do you want to come with me?"

"There is a college in this city? I did not know this," Blazed paused for a moment, "Well, I really have nothing better to do. To be honest, I was just wandering around the city because I have no idea where anything is in this place."

"Oh really? I used to live here, I can show you where whatever you need is. I figured I'd ask any professors I can find for some info, as another immune you could probably use it too," Julia began to walk, Pearl following in tow.

Blaze got up from his position and proceeded to follow Julia, with his Pokémon following. "Did you know that you are not the first immune I have met today?" Blaze asked.

"Oh really?"

"Yea. I was in a park earlier today, because I was, uh... Being lost and I just found it by accident. Anyway, there was an immune named Willow in the park. She was fairly nice, and looked to be around the same age as you."

"Huh, I'll make sure to stop by there later. Did she say if she'd be sticking around?"

"I didn't ask. But it seemed like she was going to stay there a while," Blaze looked at his Pokémon. "Oh, how rude of me," Blaze started, "This flying thing following me is my friend Buraco." Blaze said, pointing towards his Pokémon.

"Uh, yeah. I know. I had a messy encounter with one on the way to Celeste City. They're... Really annoying. I don't know how you could keep one as a partner."

"Well... I caught it on the route before Celeste City, where you fought yours. It was kind of a spur of the moment catch. When I sent it out for the first time in the park in Celeste City, it seemed to not like me. I bet it was going to screech at me any second. But then there was this Robird, and I yelled at my Buraco to get out of the way, and because of me it avoided a direct and probably painful hit. After that I think she grew on me," Blaze looked up at Buraco. "Isn't that right, Buraco?" Buraco cawed in response. Blaze looked around, "How far is this place that we are going to?"

"Right here," The group had arrived at the front entrance to the college. The building was very large and somewhat out of place in the dense, modernized city that extended around them. The build was antique, almost resembling a church with its carefully carved spires and intricately designed gargoyles. The stone that made the university was burnt brown clay with umber streaks, in fact the entire building looked like it could have been carved out of a mountainside and then placed into the middle of Celeste City. Julia confidently walked down the path to the doorway, a path that was encased by a circle of fence containing a beautiful little garden. Julia turned back to Blaze and remarked, "Before Hysteria struck there used to be all sorts of Pokémon in here, but they'd keep the gates shut. This courtyard extends around the entire building and actually goes a little ways into the next block. Welcome to the Private Academy of Pokémon Biology and Evolution. I was a student here for two years before I was recruited for the immune testing campaign."

Julia strode up to the front doors and pushed forward to open them. She paused awkwardly and strained again on the doors, "Um, I think they're locked."

"Julia?" A voice called out from across the garden.

Julia turned around sharply, "Hello?" A woman stood just outside of the gates, clutching a box. She had shoulder length hair that was naturally brown but littered with gray strands. She was dressed in a brown shawl with a black shirt beneath and jeans. Julia grinned, "Professor Holloway!"

"Well if it isn't a pleasant surprise to see you. Xee told me that the immune might be passing through soon, what great timing. I have something for you."

"Okay, but first I have a few questions if you don't mind."

"Sure no problem, but who is this?"

Julia turned to her right, "This is, well, uh, sorry, I'm not sure what his name is?"

"Oh. Uh, my name is Blaze. Nice to meet you," Blaze grinned.

"I'm Julia. And this is Professor Holloway. She teaches evolutionary science at the college here."

"I taught. We were recently closed down because of fears about Hysteria spreading among the student body."

Julia was taken aback, "What? You can't be serious, that makes no sense!! Isn't the college supposed to be a research center? We need things like that to figure out a cure!! I- I don't understand. Who did this?"

"That's what I said."

"Wait, no. They can't do this! It can't be legal, there- there must be like some sort of... I don't know! This place is super important it can't be allowed to just-"

"Julia. Relax. I know it's not ideal but we're fighting as hard as we can right now and sometimes public perceived security is viewed as more important than an actual avenue for future security. Imagine if something actually happened, that would be disastrous." Julia began to speak but the professor cut her off, "Regardless, there's nothing you can do. Trust me, we have exhausted every avenue of influence, if you really want to waste your time going to the Veriti council and complaining to them, be my guest, but there are many other things you could be spending your time on. For example, what questions did you have for me?"

Julia paused for a minute and collected herself. "Alright," She ventured, "So, first thing's first. How do you like change settings on the Pokédex? Whenever my Pokémon learn a new move I need to check but it plays the whole description before in a very slow voice and it's really annoying. Also I want to be able to adjust screen brightness and volume, can I maybe display the descriptions on the screen instead of having it read to me sometimes?"

"Uh, okay. So I only know how to do some of that, but give it to me," The professor set her box on the ground and Julia handed her her Pokédex. "So," She fiddled with some buttons, "If you click this button here it opens a settings tab that you can adjust brightness and volume with, if you look through these menus it will probably have all of the functions you want stored in there somewhere. To skip to the moves that's pretty easy. I'll scan your Ramtrill here."

She lifted the Pokédex and it began to speak, "Ramtrill. The-"

"Now just press this button and it'll skip a section."

"Un- Ramtrill's moves are-"

"And with the function you can learn other stuff about your Pokémon too. Some of this stuff works for opponent's Pokémon."

"Ramtrill is a Steel type. The average height of Ramtrill is three feet and seven inches. The average weight of Ramtrill is two hundred and one pounds."

"Etcetera."

"Nice," Julia grinned, she pulled out her water-stained journal, "Okay I have some more questions... So is there any way I can have Pearl out of her Pokéball but still be maneuverable? Pearl is my Ramtrill."

"I'm not the right person to ask about that, maybe ask Nadine, the Lead Protector of Celeste City. She has a Ramtrill as well."

"Okay, moving on..." Julia flipped through some pages, "Hmm... Most of these questions are for Blackthorn... Uh, I know that Bainuu has a specific evolution requirement, do you know what that is?"

"Yup! Bainuu evolves with a Mystic Water and a certain level of experience in life, you can probably purchase a Mystic Water from the local evolution item provider here in Celeste City. In addition to causing evolution, Mystic Water powers up water type moves."

"Nice! Uh, I think that's it," Julia finished.

"So... Uh... I guess I have a few questions too, since I'm here. First of all, what do you do here now that the school is not running?" Blaze asked.

"Well, I try to research as much as I can in my own home, I've sort of transformed it into a lab. I also work closely with Professor Blackthorn trying to think of whatever we can and provide aid to people in need. I'd love to research more evolution but actually, I have something for both of you, if you're willing to accept it. I know that Julia has experience with these guys," Professor Holloway knelt over and picked up the box. She opened it, revealing six Pokéballs and began to speak, "In here are six Chowbow. Chowbow are unique Pokemon; they have the ability to evolve into several different forms, much like how Eevee can." Professor Holloway explained. "Chowbow can evolve into six different possibilities, and each form can be achieved by a different type of Gem – a Fighting, Rock, Ground, Flying, Ice, or Dark Gem." She offered us a smile. "My brother runs the Stone/Gem Bazaar here in the City. If you show the Chowbow to him, he'll know I gave you it as a gift and give you one Gem for half-price of what it normally goes for. So, would you like a Chowbow? Julia, you already know all about them. Do you want Oliver? He's still here if you want, I know you liked him a lot."

"Yes!! I'd love to take care of Ollie."

"Well, I suppose if you don't want them, I could take them off your hands. Why are you just giving them away?" Blaze asked.

"Since the college closed down and I'm not immune nor a Protector, I cannot use Pokémon properly or give them a good home, I would rather they have real lives and get to experience the world with you. Plus, since you are immune, you can keep them safer. I used to use them in classes for presentations. I'd rather you have them than they get tosses around the Protector system from trainer to trainer, and Chowbow don't live in the wild, they couldn't survive. So please take one." Professor Holloway rummaged around in the box for a particular Pokéball and presented the premier ball to Julia. She then held another Pokéball out for Blaze to take.

"Well, alright then. Thanks!" Blaze said, carefully taking the Pokéball from her hand.

"Why don't you two battle with your new Pokémon?" The professor suggested. Julia shot her a dubious look, "I know it's not your thing Julia, but you've got to get out of your comfort zone. It'll be a nice challenge!"

"Fine," Julia relented.

"You two should head on over to Central Park and have a battle!! It's the perfect place. Plus you might run into Willow there."

Blaze shrugged. "Eh. What's another battle anyway. I've had a few already today. Sure, why not."​
[a id]pearl10[/a id]
185_small_zpszg51ugsx.png

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 18 ♀ Ramtrill
Ability: Technician
Nature: Naïve
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout, Iron Tail, Flame Burst
Friendship/Love Meter:
friendship-full_zpsrs1vdtmz.png

Held Item: N/A
Personality: Pearl is a very matter of fact creature. She is very friendly and very adorable. If Pearl had fur, she would be a perfect Pokemon to snuggle up with and pet for hours. Pearl is rather infantile in many ways. She does not realize the danger inherent in almost any situation and will blindly do most anything unless she has been directly hurt by it before. However, when Pearl is hurt by something, she becomes rather scared of it, unless she can realize that she can defend herself against it. If that is the case, the scale tips back again, and Pearl gets reckless about her situation.
History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost. Pearl helped Julia defeat Andie. Pearl evolved in the forest on route one protecting Julia, Sage, and Summer from a pack of Wolvip.

[a id]einstein9[/a id]
039_small_zpsgiuktcs7.png

water.gif
]
steel.gif

Einstein, the Level 15 ♂ Bainuu
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Quirky
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect, Double Team, Aqua Tail
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Einstein is a very strange Pokémon. His decisions and choices seem very random and to make very little sense, although his personality drastically changed after evolving. Instead of blankly traipsing through life, removed from the action, Einstein is removed in a different way. He is very cold and calculating, occasionally flailing into violent streaks of random action.
History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won. Einstein helped Julia defeat Andie. On the Path to Celeste City Einstein evolved from a Minu into a Bainuu by taking on a pair of Gembur.

[a id]sage3[/a id]
052_small_zpsszqydjz7.png

normal.gif

Sage, the Level 6 ♂ Fawbi
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Timid
Attacks: Tackle, Camouflage
Friendship/Love Meter:
-
Personality: Sage is a twin with Summer. He was born five minutes before her, but acts as if a younger brother. He is very scared of many things and relies on his sister to take care of him and to make all of his choices for him. Whenever something happens or goes wrong he immediately freaks out and tries to run away, often getting himself into more trouble than he was originally in. He lacks the ability to stay calm in any given dangerous situation. When he is not under threat though, Sage is a very loving and affectionate Pokémon, most of that affection being directed to Summer. It takes a lot to gain his trust, but when you have it, the relationship is one of unconditional love.
History: All of Sage's life, Summer protected him and cared for him. Their herd lost them when they were just young enough to fend for themselves, so they moved into the safest part of the forest. Julia rescued Sage from a pack of Wolvip when he was mortally wounded, and joined her then.

[a id]summer3[/a id]

normal.gif

Summer, the Level 8 ♀ Fawbi
Nature: Serious
Attacks: Tackle, Camouflage, Double Kick
Friendship/Love Meter:
-
Personality: Summer is a twin to Sage. She was born after him, but acts like an older sister. She takes care of him all of the time, and he is the most important thing in her life by far. Summer would do literally anything to make sure that Sage was safe, risking her life and her sanity for him. Due to the position she adopted, Summer is very serious and collected, cold to everyone but her brother. She keeps a very level head and is always on the lookout for danger, in a constant prowl to make sure that nothing happens. When issues arise she is the first to action, and is incredibly aggressive, trying to dispel the issue with brute force.
History: All of Summer's life she has protected and cared for Sage. Their herd lost them when they were just young enough to fend for themselves, so they moved into the safest part of the forest. Summer joined Julia after she rescued her brother from a pack of Wolvip.

[a id]inv10[/a id]

073add4157ea0310cacb1dc71b77b59e-d5g0n1u.png

pokeball.png
Pokeball
x
Bag_Chesto_Berry_Sprite.png
Chesto Berry
Bag_Persim_Berry_Sprite.png
"Prism Berry"
"Sitrus Berry"
"Oran Berry"
Pokedex
QuickDev

Badges:
000_badge1_small_zps11zkgpzb.png

[alink id="pearl10"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein9"]
Einstein
[/alink id]
[alink id="sage3"]
Sage
[/alink id]
[alink id="summer3"]
Summer
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday
Celeste City; The Private Academy of Pokemon Biology and Evolution​

Pearl and Einstein learned some new moves. I'm still not loving Einstein's new personality...
I met another immune person, Blaze I think his name was. He seems nice enough.
We went to the college and I saw Holloway again. She informed me that the college had to be closed because of Hysteria reactionarism?? Part of me wishes that I could have been around when that happened so maybe I could have prevented it somehow, I don't know. I feel a little guilty honestly, especially because of the stupid circumstances.
On the positive side, she gifted Oliver to me! I'm very happy to see him again and I'm glad he'll be on my team. Oliver is just the cutest little puff of fluff!!
Seems like Blaze and I are going to have to battle, I'm not super impressed by the notion.​

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Great post!
126_small_zpstx7oiylh.png

You also received a Level 10, Male Chowbow with a Gentle Nature! Details will be added to your first post momentarily.

Looking forward to your next post!

BLAZE TYRON:
Great post!

You also received a Level 10, Female Chowbow with a Sassy Nature! Details will be added to your first post momentarily.

Looking forward to your next post!

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia11"]Julia Clark & Blaze Tyron[/alink id]
A Blazing Battle: Part 1
Celeste City; Central Park
007_small_zpsfcwq0xcu.png
Drister
103_small_zpss76rgdec.png
Buraco
Chowbow
[alink id="inv11"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia11[/a id]
"Alright." Blaze said, Julia following behind as the two exited the college and went back out onto the open street. "I think I remember the way back to the Central Park," Blaze paused for a moment, then pointed to the left. "Yea, I came from that way," Blaze made a motion with his hand for Julia to follow. "Come on, let's go!" Blaze said.

"Uh, alright," Julia reluctantly followed. She tried to make conversation, "So, where are you from?"

"Er... I don't know where I was born, but I have spent my entire life up to this point in Wenge Town. It is a fascinating place, with lots of colors and dancing. I like being there. I had some neighbors. I called them my aunt and uncle, even though they had no relation to me. But they were next door, and anytime my adoptive parents had to do something without me, they would take me to do something within the town which would make me feel like a kid. I can't wait to see them and my adoptive parents again when we get there." Blaze smiled and the thought. "So you said you were from here, right? What did you do before the Hysteria came around?" Blaze asked.

"Well, I traveled. My parents were biologists so I went all over the world to various sites that they studied at and stuff. I've only been in Veriti since I was seven," She pondered for a second, "I've been to Wenge Town before, I remember it. Uh, most recently I studied at the college here, clearly. I majored in Field Biology and Ecological Studies, and, uh, I'm a biologist first. I'm not really a trainer, and I'm not the biggest fan of battling, so cut me some slack in this battle. How far off is it?"

Blaze smiled again. "It's actually not that far from here. Dad told me all about the BlackTip Mountains one day. I still remember most of what he told me. What stuck most to me was his description of the view. When he was a lot younger, he decided to try to make it as high as he could on the mountain. He didn't get to the top, but he got fairly high, and he described the most magnificent view of a city behind a peaceful route scattered with trees. When he went back down the mountain, he told everyone what he saw. Only when I learned that I was immune that I learned that the city he saw was indeed Celeste City. So we are pretty close. We just need to traverse a route and some mountains. When I get back to Wenge Town I can't wait to tell everyone what I've seen so far!" Blaze exclaimed.

"Oh, um, well, I meant how far off is the park, but, that was nice!" Julia fumbled awkwardly.

"Oh. I knew that." Blaze looked around. "Well, the good news is that I have no idea where we are, so I'm just going to keep going straight! Gotta keep up good spirits, you got my spirits high by talking about Wenge Town!" Blaze said excitedly.

"Haha, yup. That's- good," Julia bit her lip impatiently. She grinned, "Uh-"

Blaze cut her off. He pointed off to the left. "Look, there it is! See, going straight solves everything! Maybe we can find Willow too while we are here." Blaze said.

"Yup, I was about to say that," She paused. "Who's Willow?"

Blaze looked puzzled. "Don't you remember? She was the other immune that I saw today. Unless I forgot to mention her name. Sorry!" Blaze said.

"I think Professor Holloway mentioned her in passing..." She trailed off. "Well, where to now?"

"Er... I don't know. The last time I was here a bird attacked my bird from a tree. I guess we just find an open space and just start?" Blaze questioned.

"Well, where did you meet Willow?"

"Uh... it was where the bird attacked my bird from a tree. She spooked me after I finished the battle."

"Well, where the bird attack you?"

Blaze started walking into the park. He motioned for Julia to follow with his hand. "It was in this way a little bit. I'll probably recognize the tree when I see it," Blaze stated.

Julia followed him dubiously, looking around for any signs of a woman with Pokémon, but no one was to be seen. "Well, I guess she's gone," Julia ventured.

Blaze glanced ahead. "Oh, I think that was the tree the Robird appeared out of. I hope it's still not mad at me. I bet you there is a clearing up ahead. Come on."

Julia followed dutifully and sure enough, there was the clearing, complete with a woman standing across from the group. She was a striking figure, sporting long black hair and a very particular fashion sense. She wore a sharp, long black blazer that extended to be even with her knees and matching black pants. She also wore a white button down and a silver boutonnière. The entire look immediately commanded attention from all and Julia was drawn in. The woman beamed and the imposing façade was broken, "Hi, I'm Willow."

"Oh, hi, I'm Julia. You're the immune person?"

"Yup. I know about you," Willow chuckled, "I actually read all of the files on all of the immune people a few days ago." Her grin widened, "Yeah I know, a little creepy."

"No, not at all! I would've done the same, but no one gave me any files..." Julia trailed off.

"Welcome back Blaze," Willow turned to him.

"Thanks! I somehow found my way back here without getting hopelessly lost. Have you done anything exciting since I last saw you?" Blaze asked.

"I've trained a bit," Willow shifted her gaze down to look at Pearl, "Well hello buddy. I've faced one of your kind before when I took on Nadine."

"You already took on Nadine??" Julia marveled.

"Oh yeah. I think she'd love to meet your Ramtrill here. So what brings the two of you back?"

"Well, Professor Holloway wanted us to battle, but I'm not much of a battler myself," Julia explained, a little exasperated.

"Oh really? Did you both get your Chowbow?" Willow asked.

"Yup."

"Yeah, I did too. How do you know about that though? Did you get one too?"

"Mhm. He's a little bundle of joy," Willow paused momentarily, "But wait, I'm excited to see the both of you battle. I want to see your experience Julia, I know I've already seen Blaze, but a trainer battle is somehow different."

Blaze started trotting away from Julia and Willow, to create distance for an appropriately sized battlefield. When he thought he was far enough, he turned around and faced Julia. "Are you ready to start?" Blaze asked.

"Can we take a moment to talk with our Chowbows first? Since we just got them and all?" Julia posited.

"Yeah, that's a great idea!" Blaze hollered back. Blaze turned around, got out Chowbow's Pokéball, and released the Pokemon. It appeared in front of Blaze and tilted her head. To try to make the Chowbow more friendly towards him, he reached towards it and started petting her head. Chowbow in response wagged her tail and smiled at Blaze. "Hi there buddy!" Blaze said. "Would you like to be a part of my team and work together?" In response, Chowbow dug her nose into Blaze's arm. "Woah there!" Blaze stammered. "I'll take that as a yes." Blaze took his hand and started petting the Pokemon's back. "How about a Pokemon battle? You seem like a nice strong Pokemon, and I can give you lots of pettings after?" The Chowbow replied with a bark. "Cool, that's great! I like you already. You are very agreeable." The Pokemon turned around and faced the other Chowbow.

Meanwhile, Julia tossed out her Pokéball and Oliver appeared in a flash of light. "Hey buddy!!" Julia exclaimed. Oliver looked dazed for a second, and then his tail began to wag rapidly, a big gyrating column of fluff. Julia could not help but grin and kneel to the ground, "Well it is just great to see you again!! Did you miss me?" Oliver answered her question with a big lick to the face and a paw on her knee. Julia laughed and scratched the Chowbow's back gently. He stepped forward and nuzzled into her arm, soft fur brushing her like a pillow of down. "So, you're going to be traveling with me now, I guess. Professor Holloway gave me to you," Oliver cocked his head to the side, "Yeah I know, but she's not really supposed to be keeping you any more, it's a miracle you got to me at all. We're going to have a great time." The small dog Pokémon stared up a Julia and slobbered all over her face again. "Alright bud. Now, I'm supposed to have a battle, if you don't want to it's totally okay, I understand," Julia creased her eyebrows together, but Oliver turned around and looked at Blaze's Chowbow, chest out. "Okay then, here we go I guess," Julia muttered.

Blaze smiled and pointed forward. "Let's get started, Chowbow! Use Quick Attack!" Blaze commanded. Chowbow started running faster and faster towards the enemy until she looked like a white blur zooming across the field and slammed into the opposing Chowbow.

"Woah, okay, fast. Uh, I think I remember what moves you have, Ollie, use Bite!" Oliver leapt forward into the Chowbow in close range and bit into her side, shaking and growling.

Blaze was taken aback by the move. "Alright, Chowbow. Bang your head on the Chowbow to get it to drop you!" So Chowbow, despite being bit, swiveled her head into Oliver and kept banging it to try to get him to release.

Oliver let go and Julia called out, "Uh, now Quick Attack!" Instantly Oliver shot forward.

"We aren't going to let attacks happen that easily! Meet it with your own Quick Attack!" Blaze commanded. He glanced around; there was a tree near the left of the enemy Chowbow. If he could use that tree... He could get an advantage. "Alright, Chowbow. Run to the right of Chowbow and use Quick Attack to slam him into the tree!" Blaze commanded. So instead of meeting Oliver head on, hia Chowbow ran off to the side then rammed into the small dog Pokémon's side, slamming him into the tree.

Julia winced and called out, "Get up Oliver and use Bite!" The small dog Pokémon stood up at the base of the tree and lunged forward.

"Alright, Chowbow: dodge the attack with Quick Attack, then hit it from behind!" Blaze exclaimed. So Chowbow dashed out of the way to the left, and Oliver bit into air. Chowbow then used the element of surprise to ram into Oliver from behind.

Oliver tumbled onto the ground, rolling through the dirt, fur matting together, brushed brown. He tried to struggle to his feet, but Julia could not watch, so she returned him. "Sorry buddy, that was not a good introduction to my ream. After this let's go get some food together okay? I'm sorry about that," She whispered into his Pokéball. "Alright, you win that match. Oliver is out of commission," Julia called out. She thought for a moment and sent out Sage, the Fawbi appearing in a flash of light. "Sage, you need some more experience, let's take down this Chowbow, it's already taken quite a bit of damage, you can do it," She called out enthusiastically. Sage did not look convinced. "Okay, let's start with Tackle!" Julia pointed at the opposing Pokémon.

"Alright, Chowbow. I believe in you. You are a strong Pokemon, and can handle my command. When the Fawbi approaches, use Bite to stop it!" Blaze exclaimed.

Sage rushed at the dog, but the instant that it jabbed toward him he turned one hundred and eighty degrees and tried to run, but it was too late. The Chowbow already secured its spot on his flank, gripping into his back thigh with sharp, canine teeth. Sage yelped in pain and bucked, shaking off the Pokémon. Julia rolled her eyes and called out again, "Sage, come on, you gotta Tackle it, this isn't going to work!" But Sage did not listen, and instead used Camouflage. He stood perfectly still, nearly invisible, but the Chowbow obviously knew where he was.

"OK, I'm sure you can find the Fawbi by smelling where it is. Hit it with a strong Quick Attack!" Blaze commanded. So the Chowbow sniffed the air for a few moments, looked directly at the Fawbi, and charged at it with lightning-fast speed, making a direct hit.

Sage tumbled sideways, skidding through the dirt, bucking wildly as he fell, making it hurt more. Julia cried out, but to no avail, Sage's mind was set. He began to run in circles wildly.

Blaze studied the Fawbi quickly. Then he said to his Chowbow, "Careful, with the Pokemon's erratic movements you might miss. Use Bite, but take more time and concentration to make sure you don't bite the air!" Chowbow carefully bounded closer and closer to Sage, and when he was close enough, tracked his movements until the perfect opportunity came to use Bite on his front right leg. Sage face planted into the cold, soft ground. "Alright, Chowbow. You can finish it off with a Quick Attack!" Blaze commanded. Chowbow started running, faster and faster until she was a white blur which slammed hard into the struggling Fawbi.

Sage rolled across the ground one more time, slowing to a final stop. He laid on the ground, twitching slightly, but most definitely fainted. Julia muttered something under her breath and returned him. "Alright Summer, you better make up for what your brother lacked..." The second Fawbi appeared in a flash of light, nearly identical to the first one, except with a piercing gaze that tore right through the Chowbow. She knew what the small dog Pokémon had done to her brother and she was not happy. "Double Kick is a fighting type move right?" Julia questioned herself, "Yeah... Use Double Kick!" Summer launched forward.

Blaze glanced at his Chowbow. It seemed tired and not likely to dodge another attack. So Blaze said, "Chowbow, use Growl to weaken it and dodge if you can!" So Chowbow vibrated her vocal chords and unleashed a loud Growl, trying to weaken or intimidate it. Chowbow tried leaping out of the way, but the Fawbi was coming in too fast. Summer connected one front leg, smacking the Chowbow sideways and then placed it on the ground, using it as a fulcrum to swing her back legs around for a second hit, opposing the momentum from the first hit to make the impact more powerful. The Chowbow reeled backward but recovered.

"Alright Summer, now finished it with a Tackle!"

"You are doing fine Chowbow! I believe in you! Meet it head on with a Quick Attack!" Blaze exclaimed. Chowbow struggled to get moving. She started dashing, but the speed was not same as a normal Quick Attack. The two Pokémon collided and Chowbow was tossed backward, his weaker power caused the Fawbi to overwhelm him. Summer stood over her fallen foe.

Blaze was saddened at the defeat of his new Pokemon. He got out Chowbow's Pokéball, and said, "Return, sweet Chowbow," while pressing the return button on the Pokéball. Blaze then turned to look directly at Julia. "You may have defeated my darling Chowbow, but this one is bound to cause you some trouble!" Blaze exclaimed, reaching for Drister's Pokéball and throwing it into the battlefield, causing Drister to appear. He looked back at Blaze with a reassuring smile.

"A Drister, huh? That would have been your starter, right?"

"Indeed it was. I'm going to try a strategy on you that me and Drister have been doing that seems to be working. I hope you are prepared!" Blaze said.

"Alright then, here goes nothing. Summer use Tackle!" Julia order. Her Pokémon ran forward, ready to attack.

"Alright then. You are going to start by using a head on attack? That doesn't work on us! Drister, use Twister!" Blaze commanded. Drister formed a blue orb around his tail and shot it quickly towards the rapidly advancing Fawbi. The orb melted into a twister that sucked in the Fawbi. Summer was thrown around in the twister until it dissipated, where she fell to the ground.

Summer stood up, determined, and rushed forward again, but Julia called out, "Wait, Summer, it's too strong, we can't let it connect with you. Use Camouflage, then you can attack!" Summer reluctantly obeyed, and slowed to a halt, transforming into a grass type and vanishing from sight.

Blaze turned to Drister and said, "I believe in you. Follow me. I have an idea." Blaze then looked up at his opponent. "You think you have me fooled, but I have an idea! Drister, charge while using Bubble across the entire field!" So Drister started charging while releasing a Bubble attack from his mouth, and Blaze watched to see if any of the bubbles suddenly hit something that he couldn't see.

The instant that the Drister built up a significant amount of inertia, Summer's instincts kicked into gear. She dashed forward at top speed and the Camouflage faded, but Drister was much closer to her than he was before. She vaulted over the layer of bubbles and planted her feet in the ground, using Drister's speed to her advantage as she swung her legs around to meet him head on.

"Drister, STOP!" Blaze yelled out towards his Pokemon. Drister skidded to a halt, avoiding a direct kick to the face, but his feet were hit by the kick and Drister was tripped, falling on the ground. A second kick came to his back. "It's alright, Drister! Look up and use Bubble!" So he tilted his head up and sprayed a barrage of bubbles towards Summer.

Summer was pelted with bubbles at close range and she reeled backwards, shaking her head wildly. "Let's Tackle him!" Julia called out, and Summer obeyed, lunging to slam her head into his back.

"Drister, get out of there!" Blaze frantically commanded his Pokemon. All of a sudden, Drister's body became engulfed in water as Drister tried to get away. He zoomed up, right as Summer was about to make contact with him. The Fawbi clipped Drister's tail as he got out of the situation, the jet wobbling slightly. Blaze realized what Drister had done, "Great job, Drister! Use that Aqua Jet to come back down and hit the Fawbi!" Like a geyser, Drister came back down in Aqua Jet-forme and crashed into the Fawbi.

Summer laid on the ground, unconscious. "Good job Summer," Julia returned her Pokémon and put her Pokéball back into her pocket. She pointed to the field and grinned, "If you're going to use your starter, I will too. Pearl, you're up." The two hundred pound Pokémon stepped onto the field, striding forward with confidence. The metal Pokémon walked, each foot thudding into the ground with power, a tank. The Ramtrill's twin tails swished back and forth through the air and she stood opposite the water type, eclipsing it with sheer mass. Julia smirked, "Get ready."​
[a id]pearl11[/a id]

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 18 ♀ Ramtrill
Nature: Naïve
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout, Iron Tail, Flame Burst
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Pearl is a very matter of fact creature. She is very friendly and very adorable. If Pearl had fur, she would be a perfect Pokemon to snuggle up with and pet for hours. Pearl is rather infantile in many ways. She does not realize the danger inherent in almost any situation and will blindly do most anything unless she has been directly hurt by it before. However, when Pearl is hurt by something, she becomes rather scared of it, unless she can realize that she can defend herself against it. If that is the case, the scale tips back again, and Pearl gets reckless about her situation.
History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost. Pearl helped Julia defeat Andie. Pearl evolved in the forest on route one protecting Julia, Sage, and Summer from a pack of Wolvip.

[a id]einstein10[/a id]

water.gif
]
steel.gif

Einstein, the Level 15 ♂ Bainuu
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Quirky
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect, Double Team, Aqua Tail
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Einstein is a very strange Pokémon. His decisions and choices seem very random and to make very little sense, although his personality drastically changed after evolving. Instead of blankly traipsing through life, removed from the action, Einstein is removed in a different way. He is very cold and calculating, occasionally flailing into violent streaks of random action.
History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won. Einstein helped Julia defeat Andie. On the Path to Celeste City Einstein evolved from a Minu into a Bainuu by taking on a pair of Gembur.

[a id]sage4[/a id]

normal.gif

Sage, the Level 6 ♂ Fawbi
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Timid
Attacks: Tackle, Camouflage
Friendship/Love Meter:
-
Personality: Sage is a twin with Summer. He was born five minutes before her, but acts as if a younger brother. He is very scared of many things and relies on his sister to take care of him and to make all of his choices for him. Whenever something happens or goes wrong he immediately freaks out and tries to run away, often getting himself into more trouble than he was originally in. He lacks the ability to stay calm in any given dangerous situation. When he is not under threat though, Sage is a very loving and affectionate Pokémon, most of that affection being directed to Summer. It takes a lot to gain his trust, but when you have it, the relationship is one of unconditional love.
History: All of Sage's life, Summer protected him and cared for him. Their herd lost them when they were just young enough to fend for themselves, so they moved into the safest part of the forest. Julia rescued Sage from a pack of Wolvip when he was mortally wounded, and joined her then.

[a id]summer4[/a id]

normal.gif

Summer, the Level 8 ♀ Fawbi
Nature: Serious
Attacks: Tackle, Camouflage, Double Kick
Friendship/Love Meter:
-
Personality: Summer is a twin to Sage. She was born after him, but acts like an older sister. She takes care of him all of the time, and he is the most important thing in her life by far. Summer would do literally anything to make sure that Sage was safe, risking her life and her sanity for him. Due to the position she adopted, Summer is very serious and collected, cold to everyone but her brother. She keeps a very level head and is always on the lookout for danger, in a constant prowl to make sure that nothing happens. When issues arise she is the first to action, and is incredibly aggressive, trying to dispel the issue with brute force.
History: All of Summer's life she has protected and cared for Sage. Their herd lost them when they were just young enough to fend for themselves, so they moved into the safest part of the forest. Summer joined Julia after she rescued her brother from a pack of Wolvip.

[a id]oliver1[/a id]

normal.gif

Oliver, the Level 10 ♂ Chowbow
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Gentle
Attacks: Bite, Quick Attack, Growl
Friendship/Love Meter:
-
Personality: Oliver is a very kind and caring Pokémon. He is very level headed and calm, able to listen to commands and follow directions well. He quickly bonds with people and has a close relationship with Julia in particular. He has a very protective side and will stop at nothing to make sure that those close to him are safe. He especially has a knack for caring for things that are weaker than him, he is the perfect mentor Pokémon, dealing with everybody with kindness, patience, and gentleness.
History: Oliver was bred and raised in captivity as all Chowbow are, he, in particular, was raised to be a learning aid, and he ended under the purview of Professor Holloway, teaching at the Private Academy of Pokémon Biology and Evolution, where he met Julia in her classes. Oliver was always a class favorite because of his even demeanor; he would also often serve as a stress dog. Julia took care of Oliver for a little while as a part of a Pokémon in-depth study program. After the college closed, Professor Holloway gifted Oliver to Julia again.

[a id]inv11[/a id]

073add4157ea0310cacb1dc71b77b59e-d5g0n1u.png

pokeball.png
Pokeball
x
Bag_Chesto_Berry_Sprite.png
Chesto Berry
Bag_Persim_Berry_Sprite.png
"Prism Berry"
"Sitrus Berry"
"Oran Berry"
Pokedex
QuickDev

Badges:
000_badge1_small_zps11zkgpzb.png

[alink id="pearl11"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein10"]
Einstein
[/alink id]
[alink id="sage4"]
Sage
[/alink id]
[alink id="summer4"]
Summer
[/alink id]

[alink id="oliver1"]
Oliver
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday
Celeste City; Central Park​

This battle is pretty exciting!!​

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Great post!
Oliver grew to Level 11, despite losing against Blaze's Chowbow.
Sage grew to Level 7, despite losing against Blaze's Chowbow.
Summer grew to Level 10 against Blaze's Chowbow! Summer gained half a heart of Friendship!

Summer grew to Level 11, despite losing against Blaze's Drister. Summer learned Bullet Seed!

Details will be added to the first post momentarily!

BLAZE TYRON:
Great post!
Chowbow grew to Level 12 against Julia's Oliver! Chowbow grew to Level 13 against Sage and Summer, despite losing to Summer. Chowbow gained half a heart of Friendship!

Drister grew to Level 18 against Julia's Summer! Drister gained half a heart of Friendship!

What's this? Drister is ready to evolve thanks to your increasing bond and his desire to help protect you and remain at your side! (He can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)!

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

Details will be added to the first post momentarily!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
"So which one ya want?"

Strey was twirling Chowbow's ear with her fingers as the sweet pup gazed at the stones with a happy pant. After the brief meeting with Professor Holloway Strey was sent on her way towards the stone bazaar. Her heart was still beating happily at this new pokemon and was just as eager as the adaptable pokemon about evolution. Only, despite Strey's yearning to choose one of the many options for evolution, she knew this was not her decision.

"Choo," Chowbow growled softly, licking his maw in thought. Golden eyes glanced between the gems before finally landing on the baby blue gem. "Bow," the normal type barked strongly, nudging the gem toward Strey.

"So you've chosen an Ice Gem, eh?" The owner of the store was Professor Holloway's brother. He was a rather large version of the professor with much darker skin and hard looking hands. His honey brown eyes, however, were the softest feature about him. "Tell ya what, since sissy sent ya on ova how's about I give you a discount?"

"Right on," Strey thanked, only to have a near heart attack at the actual amount she still had to pay. She just had to remind herself that she often spent over 1500 on a night out with gals and this was far more important that booze. It was for a living creature in her care. Strey gave her Chowbow a large grin and was awarded with a lick. "C'mon, you," Strey cooed. "We gotta get you trained up before that jewel has any effect on you."

"Choww!" Chowbow howled in agreement, fluffy curled tail wagging.

- - - - - - -

"Well hello there, cutie," Strey cooed. Her eyes must be hearts as she gazed at the purple cat pokemon, its fur like wisps of smoke. "Where is your grave, sweet thing?" Strey and Chowbow had made it to the park. It was a desolate place, dead grass and empty trees making up the place. An elegant fountain of twirling Milotic was at the center of Central Park, its dried and dirtied feature making it look much older. "Is this your graveyard?" Strey mused as she gazed about the near empty park. People as worn looking as the park littered about in small numbers, some looking like they were here for
more than a stroll in the park.

"Graaaa," the Gravate purred, stretching fully and friendly sniffing at Chowbow. "Vate." And then Strey got a curious sniff. "Vttteee!" the ghost cat purred as Strey scratched heartily at the underside of its jaw and up over purple ears.

"You are definitely not a wild," Strey mused at the overly friendly pokemon. Her heart skipped a beat as she thought of home. Gravate were known to wander cemeteries and play with the spirits of children, or at least that's what Strey grew up knowing. Gravate were rather common in her home town as it had quite the cemetery. Strey had partied a few times too hard and had woken up snuggled to the graves with a Gravate curled protectively around her. They were good pokemon.

"No, she definitely not a wild," a sudden voice sang.

"Arceus's Realm!" Strey startled. She swirled around quickly and took in the newcomer, actually blinking a few times to see if she was actually staring at this sweet looking young woman. She twirled black as ink hair with a finger and smiled charmingly; blinking the most stunning blue eyes Strey had ever seen. They made her think of flying through cloudless skies and going into the deepest of depths. "Who the fu… uh, this Gravate is yours?" Strey corrected herself. She eyed this newcomer, taking in her long, sunflower yellow dress with sewn Sunkern dancing across her hem and the rather impressive amount of pokeballs clipped on a makeshift side belt. This girl may have a sweet aura about her but she was by no means someone to turn a blind eye on.

"Yes, she's my travelling partner." No one should look this bright and beautiful in the decaying park with shady people creeping about behind the bushes. Although, and as Strey continued to stare at the five pokeballs, she wondered who would really be the one in danger. "My name is Willow."

"Strey," Strey responded, smiling back. There was just something about this girl that put her at ease. "I'm kinda surprised to see another trainer, actually. There doesn't seem to be much of us left." In fact, didn't the Professor mention that they were a dying breed and that there were only a select few?

At their feet Chowbow and Gravate were beginning to tussle playfully. Gravate looked like an amused older sibling and was rolling onto her back a lot more than Chowbow could really handle in a real battle.

"There aren't," Willow answered softly, her eyes downward. Strey cringed at how easily this woman wore her emotions. Chowbow was beginning to bark competitively, Biting down on the wispy fur and causing the purple cat to shake about in an attempt to unlatch those incisors. It's amused look never faded. "We are becoming a rare breed." Her eyes reflected her pokemon's mood, both trainer and pocket monster feeling the energy of battle.

"Rare as a legendary," Strey quipped. By now Gravate had rolled Chowbow off her back, tail whipping back and forth as sharp claws struck the young pup in a more chastising mood. Chowbow yelped soundly, looking for Strey for help. Amused, Strey gave her pokemon a smile that showed her growing love for this new pokemon in her life. "Get her," Strey said quietly, encouragingly. "You can do this." Enthused, Chowbow chased after the ghost cat with yet another a Bite.

Willow laughed in a singsong tone. "Go on, love," she encouraged her own pokemon, enjoying the playful tussle of elder pokemon against youngling. "Show that wily pup what you've got." Meowing happily, Gravate turned mischievous red eyes back on the Growling Chowbow, ears pressing back for a moment from the terrifying sound. Shaking herself, fire ignited from the whispy fur, floating hauntingly around the ghost cat as if in dance. Willow turned her attention back to Strey, watching the other trainer intently. "You think someone might want to capture us?" her tone was teasing, referring to their early joke.

It was enough for Strey to bark out a laugh even as the ghostly blue fire balls enflamed her own pokemon, the golden pup yelping more in shock than pain, wincing in amazement as his paws soon were covered in burn marks. "Let's hope not," she answered seriously. "They would need a master ball!" The two girls giggled. Chowbow now actually angered reared up with another Growl, burns sapping energy. "You're ok," Strey encouraged to her pokemon, "just a little burn. You're stronger than some status condition."

Chowbow nodded determinedly, mouth shutting with a snap to soothe the Growl before rushing forward. Shadow Ball blasted toward him, the pup dodging expertly. Strey noticed with warmth that the ghost cat was training her pokemon in defense and doding. Gravate purred loudly, tail high in the air as she crouched low, purple form jumping smoothly over the incoming pup. "Graa." Swiping fast, golden fur was ripped from the crying Chowbow, claw marks visibly appearing. Enraged once more, pup no longer playing despite Gravate's good natured mood. Howling louder than Strey had yet to hear, Chowbow leapt toward that flicking tail, Biting down with a strength that had both trainers wincing in sympathy for the ghost cat as she yowled even louder than her attacker. Gravate was a scattering mess, jumping this way and that, bottom shaking and tail whipping to dislodge Chowbow.

Willow raised a red and white monster ball to return Gravate in the beam of red energy, Chowbow falling to the ground as his grip no longer had anything physical. The two trainers exchanged grins, this time a fire burning between them once the mock battle was over. Now they were itching for something more, the trainer song of battle calling them. Willow waited until Strey had returned Chowbow before raising her next pokeball, the two girls staring each other down. As one, as if some unknown count down had been issued, the young women tossed their spheres. Red light brightened the dead park, two forms coming too.

Deviter appeared just like she did as a Sprian. Claws twitching eagerly and tail wagging, only now as much more mature and lengthy pokemon her spiked tail whipped the ground with such a force rubble came up and she turned long horns towards her foe. The most stunning, Strey thought, as she hadn't even imagined, were the stocky sharp wings flicking stiffly as if trying to take flight. The devious pokemon curled low, purring a sound that was childish and evil, promising pain in the most fun way possible.

On Willow's end a stocky purple bat appeared, tiny arms twitching amongst white fur that looked very warm and fluffy. Those long, sharp wings, however, were nothing to scoff at, and it proved so by jumping immediately in the air and hovering in place. Deviter hissed agitatedly, sharp wings picking up speed but still not lifting the lengthy pokemon from the ground. Amused by the lack of skill with flight, and without even bothering to wait for a command, the new bat pokemon swiped her wings forward powerfully, strong wind blasting from the force and sending Deviter skidding back. Claws dug into the ground, tail whipping, Screeching, and also without waiting for her trainers order, Deviter leaped high, far higher than she would have been able to do as a stocky Sprian. Suddenly, to Strey's delight, those sharp wings straightened and curved as far as they could go, the extra skin allowing the devious pokemon to actually glide through the strong winds.
"YAS!" Strey roared, invigorated by her pokemon's growth and new abilities. Her pokemon's energy coursed through her very soul, a feeling that should be so natural for a trainer. On a darker thought, why was that ability being lost? "Air Slash!" she ordered. Cackling, her pokemon heaved its body forward, swiping at the air with sharp blade fairy wings that sent cuts air blades toward the hovering bat. It smacked hard, Phyrstat jerking roughly with each painful blast struck. He fell downward, Deviter already landing on solid ground and running fast, tail whipping back and forth excitedly. "Tail Whip!" Strey ordered quickly, going with the movement of her pokemon. "Arc just like you did in the air."

Deviter seemed to understand as she made a beeline straight for the descending Phyrstat, rolling into motion and swinging her body all around so that her tail was flicked with the utmost of force against the opponent, those deadly sharp spikes that Deviter had grown struck true. Gashes bled into the white fur of their opponent, the bat hit away and rolling midair for but a moment as it smashed hard into the ground. "Deviter!" Deviter cried proudly, a high screech in her voice. With am arrogant cackle she lept after her prey, teeth glinting and ready for a Bite.

"Dodge," Willow sang sweetly, not at all perturbed at the beating her pokemon just took. Swiftly, her purple bat righted itself, twirling midair and just nearly avoiding a sharp nip from Deviter's Bite, her sharp teeth clacking loudly. "Now let's show them our fangs. Phyrstat, be a dear and use Poison Fang!"

"Phyr!" Phyrstat screeched, teeth glistening with an oozing purple sludge. Beating its wings fiercely, the purple bat set itself upon the purple mischief maker and sank those large incisors right into Deviter's back. Strey gasped at the pained howl her pokemon made. The fairy type was shuddering violently, body twitching at the super effect attack. Both trainer and pokemon were calling out, Deviter's voice getting higher and higher in pitch as she was unable to detach the bat pokemon. Finally, when she couldn't bear it any longer, Deviter turned her head completely around, jaw open wide, sound waved erupting from within. The Disarming Voice was the loudest the mischief pokemon had ever made, her opponent taking clear damage as it shuddered and finally released its grip to roll away with the force. With a final defiant screech, Deviter lifted her spiky tail and slammed down with a solid crunch. "Ph…" the poison bat croaked one last breath, spiting out left over poison that made Deviter's snout curl in distaste.

"Return," Willow said softly, a congratulatory grin on her lips. "Come out, my friend." With yet another smooth throw the red and white sphere burst forth a creature as red and powerful as the beam of energy itself. Flames curling about its long winged form, ash feathers glowed with heat, flames at the tips of strong talons. "Flampheon, take fight."

A trill that sang as sweetly as its trainer filled the dull park, igniting a candle flame of happiness that would burst forth into untamed forest fires. Phoenix, Strey's mind supplied as she watched the fire bird flit into the air. Its beak opened suddenly and tiny balls of flame descended upon the battle field. Deviter rolled to the side, still gasping for breath after such an attack. It was hard to believe that her pokemon had only been struck once and was down to her knees. Was the type match up really that powerful or was Willow an even stronger trainer than Strey gave her credit for. The flames struck the ground harmlessly, Deviter quickly blasting Disarming Voice towards the hovering pokemon. The flame bird shuddered but stayed aloft, its wings beating powerfully through each strike.

"Air Slash!" Strey ordered quickly. "Keep to long range for now!"

Growling, Deviter lunged forward, sharp fairy wings striking the air once more. Air blade swept towards the still beating fire type, Flampheon taking the attack in stride and even using the currents for speed. "Verrr!" Deviter growled loudly, suddenly staggering. It was the moment their opponent was waiting for. Flampheon dove gracefully, wings wide and angled so that she struck Deviter head on. A fierce Play Rough was struck upon the fairy type, Deviter more or less getting a harsh back slap from the fairy type attack.

Strey grimaced as her already weakened pokemon was more or less mocked by the attack. Knowing that Deviter still had some fight left in her but could really use the breather, she recalled her pokemon in a beam of red light. Strey smiled consoling as her okmemon snarled angrily before she disappeared. "Just for a moment," she whispered to the monster ball, grinning at Willow's questioning look. "Let's go, Chowbow!" Once more the golden pup emerged. He held his front left paw up, a noticeable burn making the normal type wince. "Chowbow!" Strey called seriously, gaining his attention. "You're here as back up, bud! I need you to stay strong and weaken those defenses!" Chowbow barked in response, understanding his position. Golden eyes glared courageously at the flaming bird, knowing his fate. "Good boy, now Growl!" Strey commanded, extremely pleased, heart fluttering happily at how her new pokemon was so eager to fulfill her orders. For a moment, she wondered about the ice gem the normal type held closely, wondering about possible evolution soon and if it would change the happy pups personality. Don't think of that now, Strey scolded herself, instead focusing on the present. "Keep back from those long range attacks. I want to hear your fiercest Growl!"

With a mighty howl that honestly was far cuter than savage, Chowbow bared his fangs and growled lowly, a deep tone resonating around the park and putting his opponent on edge. The Flampheon shuddered mid flight, chirping defensively. "Smart plan," Willow said pleasantly as her pokemon shied away. "Flampheon, use Fires Spin. This time you won't be returning for a rest."

Strey scoffed at the assured tone. "Keep up those Growls," she ordered even as red flame spiraled around her entrapped pokemon. His burn struck once the heat surrounded him fully, Chowbow whimpering through harsh Growls. He walked forward confidentially through his limp, trying to get through the whirling Fire Spin. Strey 'tsked' in thought, sort of wishing for a beer, sort of wishing her pokemon was a bit stronger, but also hoping for a future fight with this interesting trainer in the future once her pokemon had been properly trained.

"Choow," Chowbow Growled. This time Flampheon cawed loudly in defiance, wings beating soundly. Willow's long black hair was blown about, covering serene blue eyes as she watched her pokemon dive toward the normal type. Chowbow shook in place, going flickering flame licking at his paws. Wings heavy, Flampheon swooped in. It happened so fast, Strey blinking for but a moment. A flash was left in the place of the normal type, his form blurring as a Quick Attack was unleashed by the terrified pokemon. He dodged by the tip of a feather, fur singing as he jumped through the rising flames. Flampheon cawed shrilled and turned wing on the spot, a skillful flyer indeed, and beat his wings towards the Growling Chowbow. The fire type shuddered as his guard was lowered by the deep Growl but still he came forward, Wing Attack propelling the pup backwards into an unconscious tumble.

"Reeturn." Strey smiled even as her heart beat raidly. She wasn't going to win this battle. "Go, Deviter!"

Once more her devious pokemon appeared, purple gunk expelling from her maw as she roared ferociously, pissed beyond belief that her trainer had dare recall her mid battle. Astonishingly, Deviter began to stomp her feet up and down like that of a haughty child that had been denied a treat. Strey frowned at her pokemon's behavior, knowing that she should admonish her pokemon for her bad behavior, but Deviter's jaw had already opened wide, Disarming Voice deafening them all and Falmpheon to twitch in midair. "Flaaa! The enraged phoenix cried, flames engulfing it entire body.

Strey could not help but awe for her opponents beauty, barely stuttering a "Feint Attack!" before the flaming bird struck. She cringed at the close call, Deviter turning dark with black shadow, her form being taken to a place that no human knew of, and reappeared behind the still flaming Flampheon. Claws engulfed in enlarged black claws, Deviter struck, hissing as she took took damage from the element. This time Flampheon lost complete control of her flight, descending fast into the dirt ground. "After it!" Strey urged, Deviter running as quickly as she could, gasping up poison, red eyes determined.

"Right yourself!" Willow commanded. "Bounce back with Fire Spin!" Her astounding blue eyes were determined, hand held high and pointing, giving her pokemon verbal strength.

Crooning, Flampheon pumped hard, his wings flickering with licks of flame that burned out quickly. Cawing mightily, a harsh arc of pounding wings brought the mighty flame bird to a stop mere inches from the ground, talons grazing grass. And then Deviter was upon him, teeth glinting through purple poison before she Bit down hard on the left wing. Flames erupted in a spiral around the two, Deviter's cries of pain mixing with Flampheon. The mischief pokemon held on, Strey shouting encouragement even when the tower of flames covered the two from sight.

"Deviter!" Strey cried worriedly, trying to peak through the raging flames. Will too was looking worried, calling out her pokemon's name softly. "Deviter, get out of there!"

No response came once the two cries faded, the flames raging in existence for a few moments after before dispersing to leave two very charred looking pokemon. Deviter twitched in pain, sharp wings still flickering weakly, teeth amazingly still stuck within feathers and flesh. Flampheon was shaking heavily, long neck on the ground and beak spitting out tiny weak flames yet unable to lift his head.

Strey's heart sank as she took in her pokemon's beaten form. She had hoped to at least defeat this pokemon as well, not end up in a tie. Though, Strey,thought sourly as she gazed at the multitude of pokeballs on Willow's belt, had she really ever had a true chance? Just how strong was this girl? How long had she been training and, most important, how long had she known about the immune?

Questions died before Strey even opened her lips as Willow recalled her pokemon with a proud smile. "I'm impressed," she said brightly, startling Strey. "Flampheon is one of my strongest. To get him down after fighting another one of my pokemon is something I haven't seen in a while." Despite Strey wanting to sarcastically ask when was the last chance she had a trainer battle, she held her tongue and smiled happily, feeling her stomach flutter with pride. Though, as she returned her own pokemon and stared at her sphere, she knew she would have to have a serious conversation with her pissed off partner. Although both pokemon had gone down, Deviter would consider it a loss. Strey sighed softly before walking up to Willow, the girls exchanging smiles. "Thank you for the battle," Willow said gratefully. "I don't know when my next friendly match will be."

Strey felt cold at the omission, knowing it to be true. "Same to you," she said honestly. Strey eyed her fellow sister trainer. "Will you be ok by yourself?"

Willow laughed just the slightest bit mockingly and Strey felt her cheeks redden. After all, it had been she that had lost this battle. "I think you should get another pokemon," the black haired girl spoke suddenly, startling Strey with a "Wha?" Willow nodded urgently. "You seem to have only one trained pokemon, though Chowbow may show promise. The next path is a long one, and the people far less friendly." Her eyes darkened as she stared intently at Strey, the girl nodding in understanding.

"Sure," Strey said, though she wondered, "Is it rushing my pokemon teaming up with others so quickly before they even get comfortable on a team?"

Willow smiled serenely. "I'm sure you can do it." Strey wanted to gap because it wasn't just that easy to train these mythical beasts of power. Pocket Monsters were emotionally powerful beings. She wanted them to be comfortable while under her control, not rushed. "After all, with times as they are, you will need to be ready." Well, yea, crappy and true. There were dangerous people and pokemon growing in numbers, Strey sighed as she shook hands with Willow before grinning widely. She just couldn't help it, knowing this girl was just good natured. "Here," Willow said with yet another warm smile as she handed Strey a few items. The girl blinked in bewilderment, noticing the berries and pink pastry, astounded by the kind act. "These will help your pokemon. I hope to see you in better battle form when we meet again."

She sounded so sure of herself that the two would meet again. Strey packed the items away, watching as Willow turned and continued on her way, just another interesting experience in the grand scheme of Strey's life. Blowing a piece of hair out of her face, Strey exited the park as well, feeling a little unsteady knowing all of her pokemon were out of commission. Strey kept a steady stride despite feeling a desperate churning in her stomach. She did not like this discomfort and suddenly the young trainer had greater understanding of Willow's warning. She did not want to be caught off guard by anything.

So first she had to heal her pokemon.

And then she had to speak to a pissed off Deviter.

Great.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

STREY:
Great post!
1500PD has been subtracted from your Wallet, and you received an Ice Gem!
icegem.png

Would you like your Chowbow to hold this item?

Good battle! Chowbow grew to Level 11 against Willow's Gravate! Chowbow grew to Level 13, despite losing against Willow's Flamphoen. Chowbow gained half a heart of Friendship!

Deviter grew to Level 19 against Willow's Phyrstat! Deviter grew to Level 20, despite losing against Willow's Flamphoen!

Willow wishes you well! In exchange for talking/battling with her, you received an Oran Berry, a Sitrus Berry, and a Level 1 Puff!
Level1_Puff1_zpsmx8vqxul.png

Details will be updated momentarily!

Also guys, as a note, and I should've mentioned this earlier - Willow doesn't wear dresses. She wears mostly suit-like clothing with tailed jackets. She normally wears reds, dark purples, blues, and blacks.

Back