• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Opposing trainers not triggering double battle

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 27, 2018
Hello everyone,
after not working on my game for a few months I come back and seem to have run into a problem. Last time I checked, when the player moved in between two trainers facing each other (triggering a battle with both) this would cause them to team up and start a double battle. Now they just challenge the player one after the other, and I don't know why.
Any suggestions what might cause this? And how to fix it? :laugh-squinted:

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Do you have 2 non fainted, non egg Pokemon in your party? If not, essentials does not combine the two trainers together because the battle code will crash.
(Raise an error is more accurate, but it does not fail gracefully)

You may notice something similar with trainers set up for double battles, that they all check to see if you've got more than 1 pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 27, 2018
Thank you! I did not have two Pokemon in my Party. Havent checked this yet, but im sure thats causing the "problem".
Thread may be closed =)

Back