• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lots of Playable Characters

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2018
    Hello there. I'm working on a fangame atm that I wanted to have a lot of playable characters to choose from... like, a lot... as in 26. Now, I noticed there's a limit in pbChangePlayer of seven or so, and naively thought that I could just edit the maximum accepted value in that script and everything would work fine. It does not seem to be working fine.

Despite the fact that I have Player A through Player Z defined properly in the metadata.txt, trying to set a player character over the original maximum makes it default back to Player A. Mechanically it isn't a huge problem since I have a properly working variable keeping track of which player character you are, but it's clearly not going to work once I try to start implementing the art for each character.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Back