• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Pokemon Trainer Red

Years
  • So um, this is maybe already done, dunno.

I watched Pokemon Origins (if you haven't watched it, watch it before you read this, it's really neat, and this contains SPOILERS!!) and I decided that I want to make this thread to discuss something.

In PO, Red captures all 150 Pokemon. Though Red knows that Mewtwo was created from Mew, and sets his way to capture Mew. That's how PO ends. We don't know if Red ever caught Mew.

Now, in Pokemon GSC/HGSS, in the end, you get permission from Professor Oak to go to Mount Silver. At the top, Red is waiting. He doesn't say anything, he just challenges you.

Now, when I make the link to PO, I assume PO was supposed to be what happened to RBY/FRLG. Though, it made me think about GSC/HGSS and Red. Because it has been discussed already on YouTube theories about how Red was dead or something.

Here my theory. Red must've come to Mount SIlver after Mew. Why would Red be at Mount Silver at the top of the mountain? He's a Pokemon Trainer, no greater battles than the greatest Elite 4 members can be fought at the top of the mountain. If he wanted to battle against stronger trainers, why didn't he just try to go to a different region? What if he was after Mew. Mew must've gone to Mount Silver and he went after him, because he wanted to capture it.

The chance is high Red would've caught Mew. I think if Red froze to death or something, Mew would've helped him. At least, that's what I think. So if he wasn't dead, why wouldn't he talk to the player? I mean, in PO he wasn't like: "oh, I'll be quiet". And why would he battle Gold? And why doesn't he have his Mewtwo with him? He did catch all 150 Pokemon, and even IF he did catch Mew, it must've been sent to the PC.

As why Red doesn't talk, I think he's dead. I don't know what to think about the battle. Any thoughts?

What do you think, is there a connection between PO and Red at Mount Silver at GSC/HGSS even though PO was out later? Or what do you think happened to Red?

I want to know what you think.

Back