• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Give me a starting point please

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    Hello, I'd love to make my own hack rom but I have no clue about how to start exactly, like what's the first step? (I am hacking fire Red so I suppose deleting scripts from Pallet Town and change the map too?) I am learning a lot from diegoisawesome guide even though it's old.
    I am able to build most of important scripts by myself so I wanna proceed in starting my hack. Thing is I don't know what should be the first step, if to delete events and change maps design or something else. I suppose deleting script events causes also clearing the flag or the variable that has been used for that event

So yes, what should I do, first of all? Is there a good process I can use to build my hack? Starting from zero literally. Very much appreciated. Thank you!

Years
  • Hello, I'd love to make my own hack rom but I have no clue about how to start exactly, like what's the first step? (I am hacking fire Red so I suppose deleting scripts from Pallet Town and change the map too?) I am learning a lot from diegoisawesome guide even though it's old.
    I am able to build most of important scripts by myself so I wanna proceed in starting my hack. Thing is I don't know what should be the first step, if to delete events and change maps design or something else. I suppose deleting script events causes also clearing the flag or the variable that has been used for that event

So yes, what should I do, first of all? Is there a good process I can use to build my hack? Starting from zero literally. Very much appreciated. Thank you!

Here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=404159

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    Is this site dead ? I think I am already done with this, making a new hack is too hard and sometimes advance map is bugged. I am sure there is no way to remove oak event, you must start with choosing one of three pokemon, as in original game cause looks like just an impossible event to replace.

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    (¬_¬)ノ I just bumped into this thread and found a stoopid ass response who haven't tried a single stuff and is giving up because u can't try shit !!!

Listen mate we do ROM hacking only for FUN, we don't get money or college degree, we do it coz we love doing it and if you are giving up jus coz u think changing oak's script is impossible (which it isn't)

We all learn because of trials and,errors jus play with it. Even now after all this if u are giving up, I suggest u go play Some Roms instead of making one :)

Azoté out :/

Years
  • (¬_¬)ノ I just bumped into this thread and found a stoopid ass response who haven't tried a single stuff and is giving up because u can't try muk !!!

Listen mate we do ROM hacking only for FUN, we don't get money or college degree, we do it coz we love doing it and if you are giving up jus coz u think changing oak's script is impossible (which it isn't)

We all learn because of trials and,errors jus play with it. Even now after all this if u are giving up, I suggest u go play Some Roms instead of making one :)

I'm not sure whether they even mention "money" or a "college degree". This reply seems downright rude. Even if they quit, and you don't want them too quit, I believe you can use other words then "(¬_¬)ノ I just bumped into this thread and found a stoopid ass response who haven't tried a single stuff and is giving up because u can't try muk !!!".

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    hey i'm starting at this, so anyone can give me an advice or tell me were do i start? i would like do first generation hacks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2020
    (¬_¬)ノ I just bumped into this thread and found a stoopid ass response who haven't tried a single stuff and is giving up because u can't try shit !!!

can you tell me how do i start. i really want to make a pokemon blue or red hack and you know how to do it rigth? if you do please teach me.

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I'm not sure whether they even mention "money" or a "college degree". This reply seems downright rude. Even if they quit, and you don't want them too quit, I believe you can use other words then "(¬_¬)ノ I just bumped into this thread and found a stoopid ass response who haven't tried a single stuff and is giving up because u can't try muk !!!".

Its just a figure of speech mate (^_^;) sorry if it was rude.

P.S : The 'money' and 'college degree' stuff were supposed to be funny ⊙︿⊙

Last edited:
    Back