• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
Years

• Where Do I see the information? Because in the pokemon Stats I can't see.

Two suggestions:
    1. When buying an item at the Market, in the actual patch, if you just press down the count goes to "99".
    Is possible when pressing down, the counts goes to the exactly money I have avaiable to buy the item?

2. EXP Share turn on as a Key Item (as other generations)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Are you playing 2.2.0? Only 3.0 betas have Abilities. You can see the info on the 4th status page.

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Cannot wait until beta 3. I played through the entire game around a year ago, maybe a bit more, way before abilities were implemented haha, had so much fun.

Good luck!

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Just recently found this rom hack; always wanted an old game with updated mechanics and wild pokemon locations. Storm Silver was good, but it's not gen 2.

Bellossom could really use the fairy typing to set it apart more from other grass types.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    If things go as dictated by the poll then Grass/Fairy Bellossom will share its "unique" typing with Meganium and Celebi...

I'm alright with that. Celebi is a post-game legendary, and Meganium is one starter which people might not pick. Grass/Fairy Bellossom gives access to a Grass/Fairy type anyway. Then there's Tangrowth or Leafeon for pure Grass, Victreebel or Vileplume or Venusaur for Grass/Poison, Exeggutor for Grass/Psychic, Politoed for Water/Grass (not in Faithful), Sunflora for Grass/Fire (not in Faithful), Parasect for Bug/Grass (only in Faithful—I'm retyping it to Bug/Ghost)... Actually not a bad selection of Grass-types, considering that it's a "weak" type on its own.

By the way, I am going with the plan to merge Fury Attack and Fury Swipes into "Fury Strikes", and Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun into "Healing Light". However, the animations will still be appropriate for the user. So Fury Strikes looks like horns for Nidoran♂ or claws for Nidoran♀; and Healing Light looks like photosynthesis for Grass-types, otherwise moonlight or sunlight depending on time of day.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Hey Girls and Guys, dear Rangi,
    first of all id like to say that its such a pleasure to see the way you go about Game engine and scripting and stuff to create such a unique and pleasant game within the "boundaries" of the second Generation.
    Now this is my first post and i already tried the search function as i reaally like to know how you accomplished the Nature by DV programming. I also tried googling FrederIQ for further information but to no avail...
    So if youre so kind to share your information id be very happy. On the other hand id understand you to keep stuff like this a secret and id respect that too.

best regards and thanks in advance!

EDIT: Does your Nature-System work like the regular one with the +10% -10%? Or is it more like the characteristics introduced in Gen 4 where the best DV-Stat determines the Short Text displayed? Im having a really hard time searching for information regarding this :/

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years

• After that I just uninstalled Cygwin and everything related from my machine and decided to give it a go just now.. I was finally able to compile Polished Crystal's most recent version.
    The packets I downloaded from Cygwin in order are: python2 (language interpreter), python2-setuptools, GNU's make, gettext (GNU Internationalization library and core utilities), git (distributed version control system), gcc-core and gcc-objc.

Once everything was done, I downloaded rgbds v0.3.1 and dropped the 6 files inside the compressed folder into \cygwin64\usr\local\bin\

Then I downloaded Polished Crystal's master folder since it was faster than cloning it through the terminal and uncompressed it, renamed the master folder as "polishedcrystal" and dropped it into cygwin64\home\USER

After that I just opened Cygwin's Terminal, typed "cd polishedcrystal", "make faithful" and the ROM was successfully built.

Here's a .IPS of the most recent Regular and Faithful versions for anyone who cannot build it for some reason.
    -Click here to download the Regular Version.
    -Click here to download the Faithful Version.

I've patched a Pokémon Crystal (UE) ROM with it and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    After that I just uninstalled Cygwin and everything related from my machine and decided to give it a go just now.. I was finally able to compile Polished Crystal's most recent version.
    The packets I downloaded from Cygwin in order are: python2 (language interpreter), python2-setuptools, GNU's make, gettext (GNU Internationalization library and core utilities), git (distributed version control system), gcc-core and gcc-objc.

Once everything was done, I downloaded rgbds v0.3.1 and dropped the 6 files inside the compressed folder into \cygwin64\usr\local\bin\

Then I downloaded Polished Crystal's master folder since it was faster than cloning it through the terminal and uncompressed it, renamed the master folder as "polishedcrystal" and dropped it into cygwin64\home\USER

After that I just opened Cygwin's Terminal, typed "cd polishedcrystal", "make faithful" and the ROM was successfully built.

Here's a .IPS of the most recent Faithful version for anyone who cannot build it for some reason.

I've patched a Pokémon Crystal (UE) ROM with it and it works perfectly.
    Can You Please Make An IPS Of The Most Recent Non-Faithful Version As Well?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Acrozz has made an incredible map of Polished Crystal's overworld. It fills in the empty areas between maps with trees, cliffs, and water, and even adds visible NPCs. Well worth viewing on a high-res monitor.

Here's the version without (major) spoilers (1.62 MB; 14,080×6,624px = 93 MP).

And here's the version with (most) spoilers (2.09 MB; 14,080×9,280px = 130 MP).

Edit: Here's a 1920×1080 version suitable for wallpaper.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    Acrozz has made an incredible map of Polished Crystal's overworld. It fills in the empty areas between maps with trees, cliffs, and water, and even adds visible NPCs. Well worth viewing on a high-res monitor.

This is amazing!! Seeing the map in its entirety really lets me appreciate just how much refinement has occurred between this an the original game. I'm truly blown away.

It makes me really excited for 3.0, not least because I know you have even more grand plans in store for 4.0. I really can't wait to see what happens there :D

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I've added a new poll for what moves should be changed, if any.

Remember, here's what's been added so far:

Code:
    Acrobatics     Disarm Voice   Hex            Scald
    Aerial Ace     Dragon Claw    Hone Claws     Seed Bomb
    Air Slash      Dragon Dance   Hurricane      Shadow Claw
    Aqua Jet       Dragon Pulse   Hyper Voice    Skill Swap
    Aqua Tail      Drain Kiss     Ice Shard      Stone Edge
    Astonish       Earth Power    Icicle Crash   Sucker Punch
    Aura Sphere    Energy Ball    Icicle Spear   Toxic Spikes
    Avalanche      Extrasensory   Iron Head      Trick
    Brave Bird     Facade         Knock Off      U-turn
    Bug Buzz       Flare Blitz    Moonblast      Venoshock
    Bulk Up        Flash Cannon   Nasty Plot     Volt Switch
    Bulldoze       Focus Blast    Night Slash    Water Pulse
    Bullet Punch   Fury Strikes   Play Rough     Wild Charge
    Calm Mind      Giga Impact    Poison Jab     Will-O-Wisp
    Close Combat   Gunk Shot      Power Gem      X-Scissor
    Dark Pulse     Hail           Psystrike      Zen Headbutt
    DazzlinGleam   HealingLight   Roost

And what's been removed:

Code:
    Acid Armor     Frustration    Morning Sun    Smog
    Barrage        Fury Attack    Nightmare      Snore
    Beat Up        Fury Swipes    Poison Gas     Spider Web
    Bide           Guillotine     Pound          Spike Cannon
    Bind           Horn Drill     Powder Snow    Spite
    Bone Club      Jump Kick      Present        Submission
    Bone Rush      Kinesis        Psych Up       Sweet Scent
    Bubble         Lovely Kiss    Psywave        Synthesis
    Clamp          Meditate       Razor Wind     Tail Whip
    Comet Punch    Mega Kick      Rolling Kick   Twineedle
    Constrict      Mega Punch     Sand-Attack    Twister
    Conversion2    Mimic          Sharpen        Vicegrip
    Cotton Spore   Mind Reader    Skull Bash     Vital Throw
    Detect         Mirror Move    Sky Attack     Whirlwind
    Egg Bomb       Mist           Slam           Withdraw
    Fissure        Moonlight      Sludge

("Fury Strikes" merges Fury Attack and Fury Swipes. "HealingLight" merges Synthesis, Moonlight, and Morning Sun. Both of them vary their animations depending on who's using them.)

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I'm all for removing Harden but Defense Curl replacing Harden for the bugs seemed awkward. Try maybe changing the name to Defend or something? It'd be a great if it received the same treatment as Fury Strikes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    I'm all for removing Harden but Defense Curl replacing Harden for the bugs seemed awkward. Try maybe changing the name to Defend or something? It'd be a great if it received the same treatment as Fury Strikes.

I think the plan is to eventually widen the move table to allow for more attacks in the game, so I wouldn't get too caught up over Metapod using Defence Curl or similar :P

Back