• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interesting.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
Years
  • I've been noticing over the past few weeks, the Game Devopment threads have really died down, People are totally giving up on their games all together.

We need to grow together as a community so we can keep projects that have extreme potential going.

Just thought I'd bring that up.

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Thanks for bringing this up for everybody!I've noticed this same thing happening.One problem is probably that the only games being made here at the moment is pokemon and everyone gets tired of one thing after a period of time.We need more variety in our games.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • I'm making actually 3 games! Not just my pokemon one... Ones a forum rpg from my old forum so thats not good to share here. The other one is good so maybe I'll post that too... actually I will just not now. I just figured well... since its "Poke" community might as well only put that one up. Sorry, I didnt mean to contribute to the problem! :P

Maybe you would even be interested in veiwing what I ahve so far in the Regualr RPG I'm making... Its got kinda a bad name but... it can be changed: Gate of Eternities (GoE). Yeah... I know... its sounds kinda cliche or somethings weird about it... but... I cant think of anything else... once I make a topic maybe yall can give me some Ideas :P

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    That's actually a pretty nice name.Also,I think that is the reason people only post poke fan games, because it's called pokecommunity.There has to be a way that people can know they can post other type games.I'm going to post my Kingdom Hearts game soon after I finish the system and map some stuff.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • whoa! Nice! Real time or rpg style?

Thanks for the compliment! I might actually make a topic afterall :)

Maybe for combating the decline of origional games... maybe make a sticky announcement about it. Like, don't just make pokemon games... but... I suppose a big reason why people visit this site is because its all about pokemon (well... mostly)

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Yes, after a while, once you've played 1546 fan games its almost like your playing the same thing over and over, right now Me and A couple buddies from me home town are deisgning an RPG, we havn't started yet because we want to lay it all out and get everything beforehand.

Maybe, we should all work an RPG together(just an idea) to show people that just because its PC doesn't mean you have to make the oh to common pkmn games.

Years
  • Do you think if I switched my project to RMXP, a lot of people would contribute? (RM95 is the same as 2K & 2K3 combined, with XP graphics.)

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • If you switch to RMXP I will deffinetly help, not tm many people use RM95 anymore and thats a shame.

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Not really sure.There are people like me with better experiences in rm2k/3.I just find it easier cuz I'm use to it.I hope I can post my game soon.Oh, and AssassinX, that's a nice idea to lay everything out and get it beforehamd, same thing I did with my game.I'll post a quick pic of my graphics I took yesterday.The bottom in blue is the new keyblade master.

It's not enough to make a thread yet though.

Also,maybe we should get a mod or admin to post an announcement about the not only pokemon games go here thing.

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Ya,I know.I was about to get it,but I stuck with the slightly newer versions.I'm just better in 2k3 I guess.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Yes, I agree, So what to do..... Well I might start A little project in RMXP today just to show people its potential, rather then PKMN games, you guys wanna help with some ideas.

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    How about some small simple KH stuff.Or maybe a completely new idea?My game will have worlds like Hyrule,and Star Wars stuff, but also new worlds that I'll make up.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Ya, A new Idea, I dont very much like doing fangames because im to creative for that I like to do my own work, I was thinking:

Your a training Samurai living in a small village one night you go to sleep and your mother is kidnapper you set out to find her the end and everyone lives happily ever after.

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • That would be great, will you contribute some Graphics as well, I want to do most stuff custom.

sketch

Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    I like my own ideas as well,but I also like KH because it still lets me express my ideas freely.The way I'm making it it is anyway.

Back