• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Help with making poketcg

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
  • I'm just a simple guy trying to make a simple hack of the pokemon TCG game, but for some reason I can't. My problem is that every time I try to edit anything in the SRC folder, it fails to create the rom. And for whatever reason, this ONLY applies to poketcg- I did the same things basically in pokered and made a Fire Dragon Charmander with Solarbeam as its starting move without issues. But for poketcg, nothing works- card data, card names, even changing cards in decklists.

This is the error that crops up:

rgbasm -h -i src/ -L -Weverything -o src/main.o src/main.asm
    rgblink -p 0xff -m poketcg.map -n poketcg.sym -l src/layout.link -o poketcg.gbc src/main.o src/gfx.o src/text.o src/audio.o src/wram.o src/hram.o
    rgbfix -cjsv -k 01 -l 0x33 -m 0x1b -p 0xff -r 03 -t POKECARD -i AXQE poketcg.gbc
    poketcg.gbc: FAILED
    sha1sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
    make: *** [Makefile:46: compare] Error 1

Consequently, if I revert any changes I make, the following happens and the rom is actually made:

rgblink -p 0xff -m poketcg.map -n poketcg.sym -l src/layout.link -o poketcg.gbc src/main.o src/gfx.o src/text.o src/audio.o src/wram.o src/hram.o
    rgbfix -cjsv -k 01 -l 0x33 -m 0x1b -p 0xff -r 03 -t POKECARD -i AXQE poketcg.gbc
    poketcg.gbc: OK

I've bolded the differences between the two scenarios. Does anyone know what this code implies? The only thing I can imagine is that my new changes don't match up with some other internal data structure, but for the life of me I can't find that hypothetical second structure. Been at this for a week but these things just aren't my area of expertise. Please help, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm just a simple guy trying to make a simple hack of the pokemon TCG game, but for some reason I can't. My problem is that every time I try to edit anything in the SRC folder, it fails to create the rom. And for whatever reason, this ONLY applies to poketcg- I did the same things basically in pokered and made a Fire Dragon Charmander with Solarbeam as its starting move without issues. But for poketcg, nothing works- card data, card names, even changing cards in decklists.

This is the error that crops up:

poketcg.gbc: FAILED
    sha1sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
    make: *** [Makefile:46: compare] Error 1

Consequently, if I revert any changes I make, the following happens and the rom is actually made:

poketcg.gbc: OK

I've bolded the differences between the two scenarios. Does anyone know what this code implies? The only thing I can imagine is that my new changes don't match up with some other internal data structure, but for the life of me I can't find that hypothetical second structure. Been at this for a week but these things just aren't my area of expertise. Please help, thanks in advance.
    That error is not an error per se, but a huge warning.
    When you run make inside poketcg's folder, a ROM is built.
    After that, its SHA-1 is compared with the SHA-1 of a certified copy of the game.
    This SHA-1 is "0f8670a583255cff3e5b7ca71b5d7454d928fc48" and it represents a copy of the American release of the game.

When you make a change in poketcg, any change, even a small one, you have to build a new ROM.
    This new ROM will not match the official game's ROM.
    As such, when the check for the game's SHA-1 happens, you're told that it doesn't match, and that's just how it is. It will never match. A ROM should still have been built though.

So in essence, it's just a harmless warning that you can ignore.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • That error is not an error per se, but a huge warning.
    When you run make inside poketcg's folder, a ROM is built.
    After that, its SHA-1 is compared with the SHA-1 of a certified copy of the game.
    This SHA-1 is "0f8670a583255cff3e5b7ca71b5d7454d928fc48" and it represents a copy of the American release of the game.

When you make a change in poketcg, any change, even a small one, you have to build a new ROM.
    This new ROM will not match the official game's ROM.
    As such, when the check for the game's SHA-1 happens, you're told that it doesn't match, and that's just how it is. It will never match. A ROM should still have been built though.

So in essence, it's just a harmless warning that you can ignore.

Well I'm an idiot. Thank you.

Back