• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Acanthite - RMXP

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'm sure he'll use something like: if hero faces x then move x. Anyway, I didn't manage to see the ss yesterday, so I saw them today. Very nice work!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
OFF TOPIC:
Xantor, I disagree, mapping (to me atleast) is the most fun thing to do, because you can be creative along as use your imagination.

ON TOPIC:
COOL SCREENS, FANGKING! I'm looking forward to the release of this game!

The only error in the maps are:
Map 1: Nothing
Map 2 & 3: The waterfall doesn't quite....."GO" with the rock ledges, if you know what I mean.

Keep up the GOOD GREAT WORK!

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yes, mapping is exceptionally fun. I'm an artist through and through and I strive for perfection in maps (and hope to introduce something radical and new, though it won't always be the case). Waterfall critiques, I'm afraid it's how it's done in FRLG, so that's how I'll do it. I probably preferred RSE's style, but the water tiles are done differently in those games to FRLG. I stick to the genuine style, even if it's slightly misconstantuated in itself. EDIT: (For the benefit of all, misconstantuated or to misconstantuate is not a real word. It's made up mainly for the benefit of teachers who find it... er... a bit irritating. I use it that often that it becomes part of my online vocabulary among booshank, shatpank, Javiscone, Nanoscone, Hithiscone etc....)

The ice event is actually much much easier than you'd think. Allow me to explain:
Set the event up, underneath hero, no graphic. Set it so when you touch it; Move Hero event, "Disable Walking Animation" "Move Hero Forward" "Resume Walking Animation". Have it disable impossible moves so it won't freeze when you hit the next unpassable object. Seriously, that's all there is to it. Copy and paste this event until complete. Disabling the walking animation is necessary to emulate the cease in motion observed in the actual games.

Expect an update sometime soon. As ever, I need to add more new tiles for new areas... I need to create the Novene Temple and some ancient romanesque houses or villas.

Also on the cards is the graphics of GEMININE. What on Merto is it?! :D
I wish luck to anyone who wants to try and link GEMININE to a certain location on Merto (see map on page 5). You may need knowledge of Latin to be able to spot it... It's very discreet. A bit of fun if you're absolutely DYING of boredom... probably not even then.

So, watch this space for an update.

Last edited:

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
This is going to be a great game! I can't wait to see some more updates and screenshots, Fangking. I've probably said this before, but this looks like the most promising game out there! Good Job!

AbareMax

xantor

...:::...
Years
The ice event is actually much much easier than you'd think. Allow me to explain:
Set the event up, underneath hero, no graphic. Set it so when you touch it; Move Hero event, "Disable Walking Animation" "Move Hero Forward" "Resume Walking Animation". Have it disable impossible moves so it won't freeze when you hit the next unpassable object. Seriously, that's all there is to it. Copy and paste this event until complete. Disabling the walking animation is necessary to emulate the cease in motion observed in the actual games.

That's clever. Though if it goes forward it would only go one step froward instead of going all the way.
Also peekimon I enjoy getting all my important coding done. And I'm not that creative. Though I like making chipsets and trying to get facesets in my game. It's taking ages RMXP can be evil sometimes.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
Years
  • Age 33
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
I can't wait for this game, and using my "amazing" psychic powers, I predict that this game will be released at around the end of the year, judging by all the work being put into it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
An end of year release may be a bit too ambitious, considering the amount of programming that needs to be done in the custom systems. And you can't forget about outside events interfering with programming time.
It'd be better not to presume when it's released and just be happy when it does.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
You shouldn't revive threads like these. You should be patient until the maker posts. I guess I got worked up for nothing...

Back