• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Expected a section at the beginning" error when compiling pokemon.txt

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    When I try to playtest essentials, I get this error
    1459562772680.jpg

Years
  • It seems that you have overwritten some berries parameters into pokemon.txt; anyway if you don't provide more information about your edits, we can't do more.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That's another error message which is slightly misleading due to including irrelevant information - I've improved that for the next version of Essentials as well.

However, the text of the error message is perfectly legible and says exactly what the problem is: pokemon.txt does not start with a section (i.e. a [1]).

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    That's another error message which is slightly misleading due to including irrelevant information - I've improved that for the next version of Essentials as well.

However, the text of the error message is perfectly legible and says exactly what the problem is: pokemon.txt does not start with a section (i.e. a [1]).

Your the best man:) it's working!

Back