• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"undefined method `pbCheckEvolution'" error when using Rare Candy

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    I've attached the errorlog. Quite frankly I'm not sure why I'm getting this error.

My steps:

1.) Created a new type purely for testing purposes. Added to battlebuttons, types and pokedextypes, etc. Works fine.
    2.) Added a move to said purpose testing type which is just a clone of Megahorn (The first move in the moves pbs file) and switched it to the new type.
    3.) Copied Bulbasaur's Pokemon data in the Pokemon pbs file and cloned it as Number 722, took out its evolution, changed its type, removed secondary type, etc. And made it where it learns the testing version of Megahorn at level 21.
    4.) Grabbed Ivysaur's (Not Bulbasaur) Front and Back sprites from the battlers folder and turned them into 722 and 722b respectively while keeping the original Ivysaur in tact as 002 and 002b. Also cloned his icon in the icons folder or w/e.
    5.) Added TestSaur to my Party through debug mode at level 20. Works fine, shows the new typing, everything. I rare candy it to 21 and it begins to learn the new TestHorn Megahorn clone like it should be. I replace Take Down for the new move and it works. About 2 seconds after learning the new move, the error pops up on the screen.

Sorry if it's an obvious fix but it isn't to me. I'm confused why it's even popping up to begin with.Any ideas for a solution?

EDIT: Just straight up adding the TestSaur at level 21 worked fine. Came with the Testhorn and everything; Works fine in battle too. Not sure why the Error prompts itself and I don't have it set to evolve to anything either so I'm extra confused. The typing is searchable in the dex as well (Only script I've changed in 16.1 - I'm just playing around with the new features).

SECOND EDIT: It happened with a normal Bulbasaur too! I added it through debug at level 12. I rare candied it to level 13 and it learned both Sleep Powder and Poison Powder. THEN THE ERROR SHOWED UP. I haven't changed anything so I'm confused :(.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
      404 bytes · Views: 9
    Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Did you try reading the error message? What do you suppose "undefined method `pbCheckEvolution'" means? Can you find this method somewhere in the scripts (perhaps at the bottom of the script section Pokemon_Evolution where it's supposed to be)? If not, what did you do to cause that method to disappear?

Back