• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Staff edit: The June CoroCoro has been leaked! Click here for information and get discussing. :)

June is a big month as it has the potential to reveal several of the secrets about these games. This month's release of Corocoro said they'll have news in their next issue (the one coming out in June). Also there's E3 in June. Last year they unveiled the Fairy type during their E3 stream. Do you think they'll release something big this year too? Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • June is going to be an exciting month for gaming news, particularly for Pokon omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and I can't wait! I'm pretty sure we will get to see a few of the towns, a couple of the battles and perhaps a new mega evolution or two?

Years
  • Junes usually a good month for me, although that's mainly because of my birthday :3 back on topic i only really want to see some overworld images/ a little more info and after that I'm staying away from any news about the games

Years
  • @ James It sort of helps that they announced these games closer to release compared to XY. One is less likely to give in.

I think we'll see a full fledged trailer at E3. Maybe like the HGSS New Bark town trailer.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think we'll see a full fledged trailer at E3. Maybe like the HGSS New Bark town trailer.

This could be nice to see, and I'm hoping for this as well. The HGSS trailer, like you said, was a really nicely made trailer, and this early on it could help to show one of ORAS like that.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Wow, really? Nobody has mentioned DIVE?

I don't think CoroCoro would release gameplay screens so early, they're probably going to go over the designs, protags and possible remade characters. It would be cool if Dive came up, though.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I think there will be a trailer at the E3, as well as information about Gryogre's new forms/Mega's. I also expect a release date (if it's not next momth, it will be revealed in July).
    The July CoroCoro issue (June 14th) is going to contain artwork of Brendan, May and Prof. Birch.
    The magazine will most likely just summarize E3, and show us some screenshots from the trailer.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm thinking we should at least see Brendan and May's new designs/artwork and the new artwork for the starters in CoroCoro. I'm hoping we get a few clips of gameplay, particularly battling and maybe info on secret bases.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Nintedo e3 said:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/04/29/nintendo-once-again-forgoing-live-stage-show-at-e3-2014/

Nintendo has just announced their plans for E3 2014 which include a Super Smash Bros. tournament, unscripted game demos and…no stage presentation, yet again.

Last year, Nintendo famously gave up their stage slot at E3 in favor of a Nintendo Direct presentation, a recorded video going over their new games and gaming related news.

This year, Nintendo is promising a "Digital Event," something that isn't being called a Nintendo Direct, but is still a "new kind of video program that will reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond." That will air at 9 AM PST on Tuesday, June 10th.

From the sound of it, it almost seems like Nintendo has contracted a permanent case of stage fright.

reggie2

Nearly all of their announcements now, big and small, are made through recorded Nintendo Direct presentations, and while Microsoft MSFT +1.01% and Sony will surely have big live press conferences at E3 this year, once again Nintendo will turn to video rather than presenting live.

By avoiding a stage show, it seems like Nintendo may not have all that much to say or show compared to their competition. Nintendo's E3 direct was only 41 minutes, less than half as long as Sony or Microsoft's presentations. Granted, the Xbox One and PS4 events were filled with a fair amount of fluff, but it's not as if Nintendo's Direct was flawless either, announcing a scarce few new games.

Nintendo has a few advantages by avoiding the stage show game. Every year the Big Three are graded on whose presentation was the best. Last year, Sony trounced Microsoft by publicly humiliating them over Xbox One's always on/used game functionality, with the reveal of a $100 price gap to boot. Nintendo? They essentially took their ball and went home. It's a lot harder to grade someone when they don't play on the same field.

Avoiding a 90 minute+ stage show allows them to dodge awkward moments that tend to plague those events, and also keep things rather short if they really don't have all that much to say. But that's a problem, considering all anyone ever wants from Nintendo is the big, (preferably live) reveal of hugely anticipated titles. Nintendo having taped presentations half the length of their competitor's only seems to reinforce the notion that they're not on the same level any more. It used to be a yearly three way slug-fest, but now it's just Microsoft vs. Sony with Nintendo running the risk of being eclipsed in terms of relevance by someone like Oculus.

There's no telling exactly what this new "Digital Event" will be. Perhaps it will be somewhat more in depth than just another Direct, and I really hope that's the case. Nintendo has a lot to prove in an increasingly crowded video game space, one where the Xbox One and PS4 are shattering their predecessor's records, while the Wii U continues to struggle. Nintendo almost seemed like a non-factor at last year's E3 with their extremely limited presence and lack of a live presentation. It's unclear why they thought that was a successful way to present themselves, and why they're doing more of the same this year. Nintendo needs excited, energized fans, and taped video presentations don't seem like the best way to generate that sort of enthusiasm.

In general, I've never been a huge fan of Nintendo Directs as a presentation format. As a journalist, it's hard to liveblog or cover in a timely fashion as there are literally no breaks in content, and one thing jumps to the next instantly. As a gamer, it's hard to trust prerecorded footage where at least stage presentations have live gameplay (even if it's scripted to some degree). There's no live audience so everything feels flat and over-rehearsed. There's no reason for one Nintendo Direct to be all that much more important than another, given how many there are, and this one will just happen to air during E3 with a bit more news than usual. Sony and Microsoft live presentations are once or twice a year at best, making them special events, but we're practically drowning in Nintendo Directs at this point.

I wondered yesterday if Nintendo would use E3 to announce whatever it is they're planning in the entertainment realm outside of gaming, this big mystery shift in the company that promises to improve "quality of life" in ways not necessarily tied to video games. I have a hunch that won't happen during this "Digital Event" given their proclaimed focus on gaming exclusively in this announcement. I suppose that will be another Direct, another day, and I'm really guessing they won't do a live reveal with their ongoing fear of public speaking.

Nintendo, perplexing as ever, but rarely boring.

Nintendo's official announcement: http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/

Seems only focus so far is on Super Smash Brothers. May not get a large mention of ORAS at E3 if any at all. There is a small bit about Nintendo's treehouse which showcases some of the games on the floor, but I dunno if we can count on a copy of ORAS being available at that time.

CoroCoro may be the only real info er get.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Thinking about it June may be a little too soon to present ORAS at E3 with it being such a big event, I'm sure they will showcase something but maybe not something so colossal. It's more likely that over the next 6 months information will be revealed via Get TV, CoroCoro, Youtube and Twitter.

Years
  • Nintendo's official announcement: http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/

Seems only focus so far is on Super Smash Brothers. May not get a large mention of ORAS at E3 if any at all. There is a small bit about Nintendo's treehouse which showcases some of the games on the floor, but I dunno if we can count on a copy of ORAS being available at that time.

CoroCoro may be the only real info er get.
    Some speculate that the reason they're not having a show on stage is because they might have some big news, which they don't wish to leak. So, it could either be that they have nothing big or that they have a big announcement.

Years
  • I'm definitely hoping they show us some overworld screenshots to give us an idea of how the game is going to look, but I don't expect anything too groundbreaking. Especially based off of this first teaser, it seems like Nintendo wants to be a little more secretive with this release. However, I look forward to being proved wrong!

Years
  • I think they want to save the secret of the new Groudon/ Kyogre until we get closer like they saved the news about the Fairy type as long as they could. That resulted in a lot of hype and speculation so it makes sense that they may want to replicate it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Some speculate that the reason they're not having a show on stage is because they might have some big news, which they don't wish to leak. So, it could either be that they have nothing big or that they have a big announcement.

That would be true if this were the first time, but two years in a row typically means that they don't want to focus more attention than they need. Last years E3 for Nintendo was very shallow, this year they seem to be in the same predicament. It could be due to budgeting issues with their lack of profits. Nintendo definitely doesn't seem to be planing anything major like last year though.

Years
  • That would be true if this were the first time, but two years in a row typically means that they don't want to focus more attention than they need. Last years E3 for Nintendo was very shallow, this year they seem to be in the same predicament. It could be due to budgeting issues with their lack of profits. Nintendo definitely doesn't seem to be planing anything major like last year though.

Not sure if we can base that on merely one previous year, if this were the third with two like last years than maybe. Remember two doesn't make a pattern, like wise just one previous year makes it less so.
    A trailer or another teaser at least seems possible. Also the trailer for E3 seems to hint that they have a secret stash of games/game information for E3 xD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back