• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Where Should I Sell Codes

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2021
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I used to buy my son a lot of Pokemon product a few years back. I had to work out of state while he and my wife stayed behind. I tried to put complete sets together and sold off anything that we had duplicates of. At the time I used to sell code cards to Professor Oak. It got me a little bit of money back, but I lost the job and we had to stop buying them. He's recently gotten back into the cards after a two year absence, and I'd like to get as much of my money back as possible (I'm still unemployed thanks to a sour academic job market). Does anyone know if there are better ways to make money off of code cards than selling them to a reseller for pennies on the dollar? Thanks.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It's general considered more appropriate to give away codes, not sell them. Either way, PC is not a platform for selling goods or services. Maybe try eBay? Facebook marketplace?

Years
  • Selling is a long standard and accepted practice in the collector community, but so many people don't play the TCGO that many do just give them away rather than put the effort into selling.

Places like eBay, Facebook Marketplace, Mercari, and etc are the route to go. You might be able to find a seller store that's interested in buying them through TCGPlayer, or a card shop local to you that buys them, but those are rare.

Back