Female
Belgium
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
71 posts
23 Days
DAY 23 [16/01/2022] ー POKEMON BLACK 2
Spoiler:

The beginning part of Black 2 was definitely less of a struggle than White 2 since I didn’t have an Azurill to friendship grind this time around. The Sewaddle line is a friendship evolution as well, but it usually evolves in the early 20s by just playing the game regularly and running around looking for shaking grass during grinding. (And I was right since mine ended up evolving at lv. 22 :p)

I was a little worried about Roxie at first because I had no real counters to Poison types, Dewott handled her pretty well. I equipped her with a Pecha berry just in case, but she never got poisoned and a couple of Water Guns did the trick.

Burgh could have been scary as well with 2 bug weaknesses and a grass weakness against his ace Leavanny. It turned into an honor battle against my own but thankfully, mine has the superior Bug Bite and I was one little higher which made me outspeed as well.

Scraggy has not done too much yet because it has only been on the team for a while, but I’m sure he’ll perform well in the latter parts of the game. I really wanted to catch one with Moxie but that 5% encounter rate is rough and after 4 Shed Skins one, I just put the one with the best nature on my team.

CURRENT TEAM

Danish the Dewott ♀ - Lv. 24

Torrent / Quirky nature

- Tackle
- Water Gun
- Razor Shell
- Rock Smash

Empanada the Leavanny ♀ - Lv. 25

Swarm / Gentle nature

- Razor Leaf
- Return
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Strudel the Scraggy ♂ - Lv. 24

Shed Skin / Naive nature
- Brick Break
- Frustration
- Faint Attack

- Headbutt
Female
Belgium
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
71 posts
23 Days
DAY 24 [17/01/2022] ー POKEMON Y
Spoiler:

My goal for this game is to use a bunch of Kalos Pokemon which I’ve never used before. Even though I like almost all of the Gen VI designs (except for you, Barbaracle), the Kalos dex has so many Pokemon, I couldn’t resist using my old favorites when I initially played through these games.

While I realize that Gogoat and Pyroar might not be the best Pokemon in the game of their respective type, I still want to give them a chance. Gogoat in particular actually has a really solid movepool with Grass + Ground coverage, but I guess it’s held back by its lackluster stats. Then again, everything works in-game, doesn’t it?

So far, I definitely haven’t had any major issues. I got unlucky with Para hax against Grant’s Amaura and Tyrunt hit quite hard which managed to take out my Skiddo, but Frogadier could finish it after that. Meanwhile Litleo solo’d the first gym after a couple of Work Ups.

Also I’m still very, very much addicted to the ‘Head It’ minigame in Pokemon Amie, haha. I guess that’s a good thing though because I want to use Sylveon later down the line so I’m gonna have to affection grind.

CURRENT TEAM

Aquarius the Frogadier ♂ - Lv. 26

Torrent / Docile nature

- Round
- Thief
- Water Pulse
- Quick Attack

Leo the Liteo ♂ - Lv. 25

Rivalry / Timid nature

- Headbutt
- Ember
- Fire Fang
- Work Up

Aries the Skiddo ♂ - Lv. 25

Sap Sipper / Mild nature

- Razor Leaf
- Bulldoze
- Leech Seed
- Growth

Gemini the Honedge ♂ - Lv. 25

No Guard / Adamant nature

- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
Female
Belgium
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
71 posts
23 Days
DAY 25 [18/01/2022] ー POKEMON OMEGA RUBY
Spoiler:

While I’ve always written ORAS off as one of the weaker remakes, I’m honestly starting to notice so many little details about them which I love. In my humble opinion, these games are just so much more polished than BDSP will ever be.

I also really like the DexNav feature as a way to get amazing moves on your Pokemon early on. For example, I spent some time to get a Shroomish with Seed Bomb and another with Wake-Up Slap. After trading both of them over to my Pokemon Y copy, I decided to create the ultimate Schroomish with both egg moves.

My team pretty much destroys the first couple of gyms with super effective moves for all three of them. I nearly wiped to the rival fight before Mauville though, but then the AI decided to be stupid and used Quick Attack against my Marshtomp with Grovylse instead of the 4x super effective Mega Drain. This allowed me to lower its speed with Rock Tomb and win regardless.

However, the best thing about today was that I hit the big ball of yarn in the ‘Head It’ mini game not once, but TWICE. (In a row, for that matter!) I’ve played that game to dead and never managed to hit the big one at the end.

CURRENT TEAM

Tidal the Marshtomp ♂ - Lv. 25

Torrent / Jolly nature

- Tackle
- Water Gun
- Mud Bomb
- Rock Tomb

Future the Kirlia ♀ - Lv. 24

Trace / Naive nature

- Draining Kiss
- Confusion
- Double Team
- Magical Leaf

Boxer the Breloom ♂ - Lv. 24

Poison Heal / Naughty nature

- Leech Seed
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Wake-Up Slap

Magnetic the Magnemite - Lv. 22

Sturdy / Bold nature

- Thundershock
- Magnet Bomb
- Volt Switch
- SonicBoom
Female
Belgium
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
71 posts
23 Days
DAY 26 [19/01/2022] ー POKEMON MOON
Spoiler:

Anyone want a spare cut scene? I don’t think I’ll ever get over how painstakingly slow the early game of SuMo is. Foruntately, things can only get better from here on out. Even though I logged nearly 6 hours of gameplay today, not much of it was actually spent actively playing the game. It’s just me smashing the A button through yet another cut scene while watching YouTube videos. xD

I also had to run around a fair bit because I keep on torturing myself with these friendship evolutions. I wanted to evolve my Pichu at lv. 13 so it would learn both Nasty Plot and Electro Ball. Pikachu won’t be getting access to any better Special electric type move until lv. 34, unfortunately.

Thankfully, the parts where I actually did play the game all went rather smoothly. I didn’t struggle against any of the major battles. The first trial was quite scary since I only had two Pokemon and Alolan Raticate can hit quite hard. Pikachu had to sacrifice itself to use Charm a couple of times to get its attack down as much as possible, before Litten could come in to finish it with Fire Fang.

Both Hala and the Totem Wishiwashi got absolutely destroyed by Pikachu though. Hala has mostly slow Pokemon and after using Charm on the Mankey to lower its attack, I could set up two Nasty Plots and sweep through the rest of his team. The same happened to Totem Wishiwashi who is naturally slow as well.

Fomantis got added to the team relatively recently so she has mostly been getting EXP through the EXP share, hence her lower level. I do plan to grind her up in between this part and the next one though, but I was too tired to do that today.

KitKat the Torracat ♂ - Lv. 25

Torrent / Mild nature

- Acrobatics
- Ember
- Fire Fang
- Bite

Milky Way the Pikachu ♀ - Lv. 24

Static / Calm nature

- ThunderShock
- Charm
- Nasty Plot
- Electro Ball

Baby Ruth the Fomantis ♀ - Lv. 18

Leaf Guard / Docile nature

- Leahage
- Growth
- Razor Leaf
- Fury Cutter
Female
Belgium
Seen 48 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
71 posts
23 Days
DAY 27 [20/01/2022] ー POKEMON ULTRA SUN
Spoiler:

We have survived another round of Alola cutscene madness! With four Alola games to play and only three starters, there’s one starter I’m using twice and that happens to be Litten in both Moon and Ultra Sun. It’s not my favorite of the trio, but Fire types are usually pretty rare so picking one as your starter makes it easier to build a team.

This team did struggle a little against the early game, however. I wiped a total of 3 times, I believe? The first time against the teacher battle because Beldum missed its Take Down when the Popplio was at only like 2 HP. Although my Beldum was only at 1 HP after taking a Water Gun also so I believe recoil would have taken it out for a double down.

My first attempt against Hala ended pretty poorly as well despite already being overleveled. I was able to easily sweep him with Acrobatics once Grubbin hit lv. 19, thankfully.

The final wipe was against Totem Araquanid but on my second attempt, Acrobatics got a high roll on the first hit. The second one didn’t quite kill after an Intimidate drop from Masquerain, but the Araquanid was low enough at that point so Torracat could come in, outspeed and finish it with Scratch.

Now to address the elephant in the room ーー Yes, I know Beldum isn’t terribly late game. However, it’s a pain to catch with its low catch rate and levels up very slow as well. It was just much more convenient to have it on my party from the very beginning so it could leech off EXP with the EXP share and evolve by the Water Trial. Now that it has actual moves, I’m sure it’d be a much more useful team member.

CURRENT TEAM

Copper the Torracat ♂ - Lv. 24

Blaze / Docile nature

- Bite
- Fire Fang
- Double Kick
- Work Up

Nickel the Charjabug ♀ - Lv. 23

Battery / Sassy nature

- Acrobatics
- Bug Bite
- Spark