• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] After losing battle in scripted event, the event still completes wtf?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Ok so I have a script tile with this script attached (I left out text message and movement commands)
    , what happens is, if you lose the battle and come back, the OW's are gone and the script tiles doesn't run again, which confuses me because the script is supposed to terminate once you faint right?
    Meaning the setflag and setvar commands never should execute but it seems like they do anyways.

So yeah does anyone have experience with this lol for now I'll probably just separate the script into two parts where the story part happens on the script tile, and then you have to talk to the NPC for the battle.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I couldn?t tell you why your script doesn?t rerun, but your overworlds are likely disappearing because of the hidesprite commands you have before the trainer battle. Hidesprite automatically sets the flag of whatever NPC it?s used on.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Here's the weird part, tho; the other OW's that I did not hide, they also dissapeared. But anyway I solved it, the solution is to not use any hidesprite command before a trainerbattle in a script like this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    I think the trainer battle type is the same type used when you battle Gary, after that, Professor oak encourages you and heals you pokemon and the game continues. You could use this script to make a defeat happen that's important to the plot (like in the first golden sun game). Set pokemon that the player can't beat at that level and point the win to the same place as the loss just incase... not that you were asking for that, but it's an interesting idea.

Back