• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aloetakura

\(^-^)/
Years
  • If I want to do this challenge and post my progress here, do I have to follow all the rules (or at least the three important) in the first post of this thread?

I'd like to play with these rules:

a) If a pokémon faints, it's dead, release it.
    b) Catch only the first pokémon encountered in each area.
    c) No legendaries.
    d) Nickname everyone.

The SET rule and the No Healing Outside Battles rule don't appeal to me... Is it ok? :3 (or should I quit whining and follow the rules already)

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Alright, as promised, I finished my Sapphire Nuzlocke today. It became a bit later than expected because of some irl distraction, but here it is, the final update. It was incredibly close. So did I win?

Spoiler:

Nice one, mondays suck. As always, anything can happen in a nuzlocke. And I am glad you won. :-)

Back to my party, Soul Silver totally changes my party. Read the best update ever, showing what a Nuzlocke can do.

SOUL SILVER : TEAM OVERHAUL : ALMOST EVERYONE DIES

Okay, so, to start this update, I ditched Wings. Why ? Well, it seems worthless except for it status spam (and everyone wakes up in 2 turns anyways), so it's sitting as backup in the box.

As promised, I went to get Sudowoodo. DISASTER ALERT.
    It was on the red, and asleep from Pedosnucks. The Shark (now named Loan Shark) was on the red, Bamf as well, and Wings was in the box. So, I try a Headbutt, which got in on a little red line (it didn't want to stay in Great Balls), and then, Rock Throw. A crit. hit, Pedosnucks has DIED. Ah, whatever. I got to catch him, but.... why do I keep on losing ??

South of Ecruteak, I encountered a Vulpix (^_^), which Roared away from me... (v_v). Damn. And I needed a Fire Type...

So, I go to Burned Tower (Headbutted a tree in Ecruteak for High Five the Ledyba, now in the box and accidentally killed a Headbutted Spearow east of Ecruteak), with my newest team mate, Psychomona the Kadabra, which replaces Pedosnucks.

I disposed of Silver easily, but then he sends out Bayleef. I counter with Bamf, but Peck and Poison Sting both do crappy damage, so I leer a little. Then, Bayleef is on the red and I totally forget about Overgrow... a CRIT. MAGICAL LEAF disposes of Bamf. Arghh... another death. You know what this means ? The only old member I have is.... Loan Shark. The rest are gotten after Goldenrod.

Stacking up some new Pokemon for my team : Juliet the Zubat from Mt. Mortar, Lanette the Meowth from west of Ecruteak. Final team after this shaky chapter :

Loan Shark Lv. 20 :t159: m : Surf, Headbutt, Bite, Cut. Torrent. Docile
    Juliet Lv. 15 :t041: f : Bite, Astonish, Leech Life, Supersonic. Inner Focus. Docile.
    Lanette Lv. 16 :t052: f : Bite, Fake Out, Fury Swipes, Growl. Technician. Rash.
    Psychomona Lv.18 :t064: f : Confusion, Disable, Teleport. Inner Focus. Mild
    Murderer Lv. 20 :t185: f : Rock Throw, Strength, Low Kick, Mimic. Sturdy. Sassy.

Also notice how from a male-only team, four are females and one is male. :O
    Next update : Elite Four on Blue (srly, boring Nuzlocke. Little to no deaths.), Morty, Olivine City, hopefully Cianwood and some new Pokemon from the Safari Zone and such.

Last edited:

Aloetakura

\(^-^)/
    Years
  • I guess it's fine then... I'm playing LeafGreen. Will update soon with some stuff that happened in the beginning, showing what a careless person my protagonist apparently is... but she's learned from her mistakes now! Hopefully... for her Pokémons' sake :p

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • There's something wrong with my Blue... it just loads a new game and my sav. file dissapeared.
    Grrr... I must've accidentally deleted it when I was trying to get rid of some betas for ROM hacks.
    Dammit. Oh well, I'll just finish Soul Silver and then start Ruby... ;_;

Aloetakura

\(^-^)/
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I can't draw ._.
    So I'll tell!

Spoiler:

UPDATE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • It really bugs me that I have no time for these kinds of shenanigans right now T_T If I did, I'd take the Nuzlocke challenge in a heartbeat...

By the way, is anyone finding it too easy? ^^' If I were to take it (on any of R,S or E), these would be my rules:

1 - No pokemon that faints can be used again, it's dead.
    2 - Catch only 1 pokemon per route - the first one you see.
    3 - If you don't catch it - sorry, no pokemon.
    4 - Can't use a pokemon until it's nicknamed.
    5 - No trading, including ingame.
    6 - Battle style SET.
    7 - No healing items inside or outside of battle. Berries are permissible, though! This includes the league (!)
    8 - No limit on pokeball purchasing or pokecentre use.
    9 - Murder legendaries.
    THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE NEW
    10 - Bring EVERY POKEMON you have caught up to a set level before each gym leader (not including E4): levels 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 respectively. Any pokemon that are under the appropriate level when you get that badge are rendered unusable.
    11 - Each pokemon can only be used against ONE gym leader (again, excluding E4). For example, if I used my Mudkip to whip Roxanne's ass, it can't show up in any other leader battle until the E4.

I'm hoping 10 would encourage me to try and use pokemon I wouldn't otherwise; if I really hate them, I can just leave them alone anyway. 11 is for main-team variety. They kind of complement each other, but I'm not 100% sure if they should be used together...

Sorry about raping the original rules to those of you who think it's fine as is, I just like myself a real ballsy challenge :>

Since I can't do it right now, I decided to put it up here to see if anyone's interested. If not, see ya next holidays, maybe :]

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    I said a few pages back that I'd be doing a Moemon Fire Red Omega nuzlocke, unfortunately the RNG hates me so I've decided I'll try another rom hack, Pokemon Platinum Enhanced.

Rules:
    Catch the first pokemon encountered on each route (Encounters before I recieve pokeballs don't count)
    Must kill all Legendaries
    If a pokemon faints it is dead, it must be released/permanently boxed.
    Nickname all pokemon
    Battle mode: set

And just for an extra challenge...No using items vs Team Galactic members, a normal trainer mightn't stop you calling a pokemon back for a potion, but the resident evil organisation? I somehow doubt it.

Anyway, let's begin...

I decided to use the female trainer (wait that sounded wrong...)
    Went with one of the default rival names (Mudkip)
    Told Rowan to take Turtwig to his beauty contest...Dratini (Draco) get!
    Beat Mudkip's Beldum
    Did boring starter stuff.
    Got pokeballs from Lucas, woo!
    Caught Paras (Shrooms) at Lake Verity
    Caught Chimchar (Monty) on Route 201
    Caught Bulbasaur (Saur) on Route 202
    Headed to Jubilife City
    Caught Kricketot (Jiminy) on Route 204 (Wouldn't've bothered but Saur got a crit tackle when it was charging Bide. Didn't want to risk it.)
    Shrooms KO'd a Diglett in Ravaged Path
    Got the poketch and town map.
    Rival battle time!
    Draco and Saur brutalised him.
    Caught Taillow (Skye) on Route 203
    Got HM06
    Caught Psyduck (Quackers) in the Oreburgh Gate
    Headed to Oreburgh City
    Caught Geodude (Rocky) in Oreburgh Mine
    Saur accidentally KOd a Zubat on Route 207
    Time for a grinding montage...like a BOSS!
    Evolved Monty and Saur
    Gym time!~
    Draco dealt with Anorith (1hp left in the end though...), Monty swept through Aron, Shieldon and Cranidos. Saur took care of Bonsly. Decided to let Shrooms fight Lileep, for the lulz. Hadn't realised it had swords dance. After 2 Swords dances I decided I'd just try to stall and let poison kill it. So Saur switched back in...and took 5 damage from a twice SD boosted Acid...yeah.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Also, future updates will probably be more story, less summary...maybe.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • Started my own challenge today on a Gold rom (that would be my Common Level, Team Replacement Nuzlocke run)!

Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Update 2:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I think, I'll stop logging, because I accidentally deleted the whole thing.
    Basically, Morty killed Loan Shark and Psychomona and I went Poke-catching. See for yourself...

EPIC WIN TEAM

Spoiler:

No details because I am very frustrated after it got deleted.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I defeated the Kimono Girls and Ho-oh. I am now at the Victory Road Gate.
    My Team:
    Spoiler:

In Box:
    Spoiler:

In Memorial:
    Spoiler:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years

• Guys, please, some help here - why does this not work?

:t001:

Frustrated -.-'

EDIT:
    That's better ^^'

Also, update 3:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Sorry but challenge failed.Clair has mashed and bashed my team.Even with my new Mamoswine,I also lost ALL of my water types to grinding and even if I beat Clair I wont be able to move on because I fished/Surf on all routwes to get more Water and they still died.I feel like Monday's during his Surf scenario.

HEART GOLD NUZLOCKE FAILED

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • Update 4:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Quick update, I'll drop the summary format next update...

Deposited Shrooms, withdrew Skye, Quackers and Rocky.
    Taught Rocky Rock Smash and got my grind on!
    Rocky died to a Zubat during the grind...dammit.
    Taught Quackers Rock Smash
    Headed back to Jubilife. Battled the Galactic Grunts, Draco wiped the floor with them. (Dragon Rage is now off-limits until the enemies can reasonably be expected to have at least 41HP)
    Went north to Floroama Town
    Caught Ponyta (Silver) at the Valley Windworks
    Did some more grinding.
    Booted Team Galactic out of the Windworks. But at what cost...
    Saur got KO'd by Raticate, Monty avenged him, but was nearly KO'd by Umbreon. Quackers switched in and proved her awesomeness overcoming confusion and infatuation 2 turns in a row to win the fight.
    Dammit Saur, I knew I shouldn't have lead with you...you were underleveled...I'm sorry.
    *sigh* Boxed Saur and headed North towards Eterna Forest. On the way, caught Shellos (Sheldon) on route 205.
    Would've lost a 'mon to some nutjob with a pineco if it weren't for Quackers' awesomeness again. (She's going to the E4, mark my words!)
    Lost Sheldon to a wild Buizel's Pursuit.
    Wondered why the hell every trainer on this route's highest level pokemon was a lower level than Mars' weakest...
    Entered the forest. Caught Buneary (Mimi)
    Skye evolved after a battle with 2 psychics. One of whom had a lv20 Blaziken...no more *****in' 'bout trainer battles then...
    Got out of the forest, soothe bell get!
    Entered Eterna City, Mudkip insisted on taking me to the pokemon statue. Some whackjob was standing there rambling about gods or something...
    Draco plate get!
    Caught Meditite (Medi) on Route 211
    Caught Nosepass (Hammer) in Mt. Coronet
    Headed back to town, spoke to Cynthia, HM01 get!
    Headed to the gym.
    Decided to do some grinding/Swellow poisoning before the leader battle.
    Skye (unsurprisingly) swept her team with wing attack. Yay for guts boosted STAB super effective moves!
    Forest Badge get!
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

RIP:
    Spoiler:

Next time! The Old Chateau.

Quick question though, should I use repels (is that allowed) and get Rotom (my team is seriously weak vs flying and water types ATM) or just get a Gastly?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • @ GoGoShinyDunsparce : :t001: .

AKA : :t00*1: (just remove the star)
    I am pretty sure you were just putting an useless space somewhere or something.

:t262:
    :t356:

Remember, Sinnoh Pokemon won't work.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • Dudes, I derped - turns out I had disabled smilies and forgotten about it. D'oh. They should work now, though: the setting's been changed!

:t158:

... Did it work? If not, whatever. I'll just nick some images from the internets.

Also, update 5:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arnold

...?
    Years
  • I think I'm going to do a Nuzlocke for Pokemon Yellow and leave everything as is. I'll be starting now.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
  • Gold modified Nuzlocke quick update:
    Spoiler:

Arnold

...?
    Years
  • Nuzlocke First Update

Started the game and got Pikachu who I named Ohmm.
    Defeated Blue with critical Thundershocks.
    Grinded Ohmm and got and delivered the parcel.
    Caught a Nidoran-f in Route 22. Named her Ven.
    Grinded Ohmm and Ven.
    Caught another Nidoran-f who I named Nan.
    Caught a Pidgey in Viridian Forest. Named him Xyzz
    Grinded Nan and Xyzz.
    Defeated Brock. A long battle because I forgot Nidoran could learn Double Kick.
    Deposited Ven in the Box.

Ohmm Lv.12 :t025:: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave. Pallet Town.
    Nan Lv.12 :t029:: Growl, Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick. Route 2.
    Xyzz Lv.12 :t016:: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack. Viridian Forest.

Box:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • ok everyone, it's time for my Progress report...

Pokemon: (highlighted = in party)

Sableye (P1mpdG3ng@r)
    Ninjask (samurai)
    Shedinja (Samurai, soon-to-be regected...)
    Mudkip (u liek)
    Marril (De-Blob)
    Poocheyena (demon)
    Whismur (cry baby)

just beat Brawly, and evolved my Samurai, (oh yeah!) I held my Mudkip back from evolution, though, as It wouldn't fit the name "U liek"
    when I finally reach the name rater (as Marril and Shedinja don't have the correct nicknames) I will rename U liek, and evolve it.

On my way to Steven now!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back