• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] PMD #6 Distortion

A Sneak Peek at other Works of mine

• Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Really

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vragon

Breakfast and Books
Through history our world has been plagued with doubt and despair. It isn't an overstatement to say that our world's existence could have been snuffed out by one Pokémon giving up on the world. However, it is the assumptions of the doubtful that will be the prime obstacles to progress and dreams. Many lives have influenced our world and have helped and hindered this creation. I would only ask from you "The interested or passerby" to stop for a second and look around you. Look around at the word you live and imagine how vast it is. With areas we know now compared to early investigations. It is quite intriguing, how so much space, so much knowledge, so much beauty could have eluded our ancestors for so many years. But like how the flowers grow, knowledge is ever expanding. As seed becomes the tree, many Pokémon's lives come and go. Some take notice, while others merely glimpse and walk on. Knowledge and Exploration is an ever expanding prospect. It may never come to pass, that all wisdom, all ideals, all truths, or even all specs of colorful lives can ever truly be discovered and recorded. But that's the beauty isn't it? The urge that drives us to move onward. To live in a world is one thing, but to learn and delve into its depth is a whole new experience. An experience that for many, has been a fulfilling adventure.
~ Evergio – Head of the Expedition Society High Council

"Emmet, EMMET!" A voice came from outside the door of adolescent Marshtomp's room. The sun was shining through the window with its golden rays, but the teenager didn't even notice it. The smell of nice passho berry bread was filling the room with a mouthwatering smell, but this heavenly smell wasn't noticed by the boy. Not even his mother's call for him could seem to stray his thoughts from engrossing himself in one of his books.

Downstairs, straining her voice trying to get her son's attention, was the mother, a female infernape named Martha Lorace Viexa. She was busy adding the finishing touches to a little piece of chople berry bread for her other child, Dextra.

A few seconds later the mother stepped back and looked at her masterpiece! The wonderful breakfast for her growing kids. Passho berry bread, a delicacy that the family didn't really like. Fire types have had a picky distaste towards berry's that aren't spicy or full of a powerful flavor, but these berries were her son's favorite snack in bread. The mother then looked over to the next loaf. This one was made with her and her daughter's favorite berries. Chople berries were full of powerful flavor and a Mon that can't stand a strong taste wouldn't be able to keep it in his mouth for long.

She looked back upstairs at door where her son and daughter's rooms were. She sighed, knowing what she would have to do. She headed towards the wooden steps to take them to the table. As she climbed up, she looked at a picture they had made by a traveling Smeargle aritist. She giggled a little at the kids' faces; Dextra and her bored look, and Emmet with his nervous smile.

Ah yes, Dextra and Emmet were quite interesting children and even stranger adolescents. It was quite strange how this family came to be. After all, not every family finds a baby at their doorstep a few months after their daughter's hatching. Nor does every family see a strong bond forged between to non-blood related siblings in such a short time. While Emmet and Dextra were very close, they had their fair share of arguments and fights, most of which Dextra would win by means of a noogie. Yes this family of four; Infernape parents, a feisty 17 year old Monferno daughter, and a 16 year old bookweedle of a Marshtomp son.

She came out her daydream and looked back at the children's rooms. She went to Dextra's door first and peered inside. Dextra was still asleep in one of her awkward sleeping poses, snoring the day away. The mother decided to give her a little bit more time and to get Emmet to help her with the finishing touches and setting the table.

She looked inside Emmet's room. It was a decently tidy room with the bed of straw kept nice and neat. The shelves, were he kept his books, were dusted and organize like a little library. The window let in the golden rays of the sun into the center of the room. And there was Emmet. Laying on his stomach, facing away from the window, using the light from the sun to read his book. Martha shook her head at this typical action of her son. For him to pick up a book and lose his mind in the real world, yet somehow move so the light was just perfect for his reading. Was it his natural instinct to strive to get the most out of hi books, or did the words sparkle, likes his eyes, when hit by the sun's light. But the mother remained focused and broke the little Marshtomp out of his focus by saying, "Emmet."

The Marshtomp jumped up two inches off the ground from being startled. He looked up to see Martha staring down at him, trying her best not to giggle at his unintended impersonation of a "litten getting water on its tail".
"Oh Mom! Why didn't you knock first?" He said getting up to his feet, his cheeks red from embarrassment.
"Well your door was open and I looked in to see you laying there reading. It's just what I thought of doing to get your attention." The mother explained, still trying not laugh. Emmet sighed, though still feeling awkward from the intrusion to his reading. But he got his manners together and asked her what she needed.
"Oh, I just wanted some finishing touches for breakfast this morning. I wanted it to be big and special for you two. After all, you both will be going to a nice guild to become a team." Martha answered.
"Is that all you needed?" Emmet further inquired, certain there was more to her visit.
"Emmet" She laughed at his little suspicion, "Not every request has additional information. I would just like some help. So if you can come downstairs, we'll finish the meal for you and your sister." Emmet nodded and picked up his book to shelve it. He was about to take his hand off the orderly placed book when his mother asked him which specific book it was.

"Oh this, it's just a book about those Exploration Teams from the past. The five really legendary ones." Emmet replied with another embarrassed look.
"You really like those stories don't you?" Martha smiled walking up to her son and placing her hands on his cheeks. Emmet protested at this act, but his mother wasn't going to let her kid grow out of her hugging. When the Mom let go she asked Emmet another question. But this time it was out of concern more than curiosity.

"Are you sure you want to go right now? I mean, you're more than capable of working with your sister as an exploration team, but aren't you worried about …….. you know"
Emmet was flustered by this statement. He walked over to the window saying "I'm fine Mom"
The mother got behind him and got on her knees. Emmet showed no signs of budging from staring out the window with a serious look. She smiled and began her method that would always force Emmet to look at her. She touched the tip of his head fin and flicked it. It was like a shiver of reflex surged through him. He jumped immediately around and yelled while checking his fin for possible bending,
"MOM! You know I hate it when you mess with my head fin. Why do you always have to do that just to get my attention?"

"I'm sorry Emmet" The mother apologized sincerely, "I'm just worried about you. I know you don't want to cause us to worry but I can't help it." She looked at him firmly in the eye and with a concerned gaze asked,
"Did you hear anything last night?"
Emmet tried to keep a serious face, but finally sighed and with a downcast head told her what she wanted to know,
"Yeah I heard something last night. The voice said, 'Be happy in that world Emmet' again. It still sounded just like my voice, but it seemed to have a more up-beat tone to it than last time."
Martha relaxed from the answer. It really scared her to know that her adopted son was hearing voices in his sleep, and could remember them. The first time the voices came was when he was three, or at least they believe he was three. He had run into her and her husband's room crying, saying there was a stranger saying something to him in his sleep. Over the course of these thirteen years the voice had only said four different things:
"Be happy in that world Emmet", "Keep her close", "Stay Strong, focused, and resolved", "When it comes, embrace it".

What could this be? The mother, father and, Dextra had all been concerned about this, which furthered Emmet's resolve to lessen its value and to sometimes even try to avoid talking about it at all. After this disclosure, Emmet was just staring at the floor with a look of frustration. Martha decided now was a good time to change the conversation.

"Emmet, so tell me, where did you get that specific book? I know me and your father read you and Dextra books, but I don't recall reading you a book that looks like that."
Emmet's expression turned to interest. He perked up almost instantaneous at his mother's question. He seemingly leaped over to the shelf and pulled out the book he shelved earlier.
"The town library had a new import of books and I wanted to see the new selection. This one is a history of the Five Legendary Exploration Teams that dates back over 300 years ago."
"Three-hundred years ago!?" The mother exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah, it talks deeper about all five of them. Team Adventure, Team Paradise, Team Destiny, Team Rebellion, and Team Synergic. This book was written by the current head counsel member of the Expedition Society High Council 'Evergio'. He really talks a lot about their adventures and so more cool information."

Martha giggled at her son's enthusiasm. She could tell he was really hyped, especially to go with Dextra to join a guild in Vertana town on the continent "Triacal", the location of the Expedition Society Main Headquarters along with being the continent Team Adventure started off.

"I bet you and Dextra will make great additions to that book someday" She commented with a smile.
"Mom" The Marshtomp yelled, as his face flared up with embarrassment.
"I'm just kidding Emmet" She laughed at his reaction, "Now come on we need to finish so when your father gets home we can send you both off In a Proper manner."
She walked out the door and headed down the steps. Emmet put his book up and headed downstairs as well. The sun was higher now and many Mon's were already heading out to do their jobs. Emmet and Martha worked on the last bits of Breakfast. The two teenager's dreams would begin at 6:00 PM when father came home and they headed out. It was a time to celebrate their coming of age and their journey to becoming an Exploration Team, and possibly Elite Exploration Agents.

Last edited:

Vragon

Well here is the first. The first of many I hope. If there are any questions, comments, etc. just let me know.

Vragon

This is the six story of a teams legendary adventure in the world of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.
The former five will not have a part in this story and are only mentioned for cameo mentions.
Their individual stories will be done in separate threads.

The setting of (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon) PMD #6 Distortion:
Its set 310 years after the time gear incident in PMD #1 Dreams From the Future (Time, Darkness, Sky, along with a larger story after the time gear arc).
The character's setting:
The Team will initially start with Emmet, an 16 year old adopted marshtomp, and his older sister Dextra, a feisty 17 year old Monferno. Emmet was adopted by the family, after his egg was found his egg on their doorstep a few months after Dextra hatched. Dextra and Emmet will leave to join a guild on the continent Triacal, the continent where the Time Gear Incident happened.
Mechanics setting:
Mega Evolution - can be used with the appropriate mega stone, a looplet with a awakening emera, or by concentrating enough synergy inside the body to do a mega evolution (but this way can lead to mega rage the easiest).
Z – Moves – Will used a Z crystal. However the bracelet can be anything that holds the Z crystal. I may make up a few Z moves and crystals, but this probably won't be too overused.
Levels – won't be in this. It will be more like training the body and it slowly begins towards evolution. Evolutions also will happen as a Pokémon grows older and becomes an adult.
Tms and Hms– Will be replaced with move teachers and guides to learning them. While Mons learn their basic ones leveling up and can be taught or remember moves, they can learn unlearnable moves by training hard and mastering it (not every move can be learned even with this if typing is affecting it)
Items - like berries, seeds, etc. will be in this, along with additional items. They will have a broader effect and will be used in different ways or more inclined to their name.
Dungeons - will be similar, but more like a labrynth were the maze is never the same and previous floors can be gone back too, but the layout will be different.

Preface for PMD distortions:
There have so far been, in history, five different humans that turned into Pokémon. However, they all have on thing in common. They played enormous parts in different events, that almost led to the worlds ruin. Strange occurrences have appeared in different areas of the world. The creation trio along with Arceus are investigating an uncanny disturbance in the time-space continuum. A ripple in dimensions happened for a few seconds, which leads to the assumption of another stranger. Another human has entered. But this opening was surged by some strange energy resulting in a small dimensional wave sent throughout their respective dimensions. Its been sixteen years since and no strange events have once again occurred. But small distortion are slowly being noticed. Only the creation trio or arceus have the power to distort the world so questions begin to surface. Who is the distorter causing this? Why is he a distorter? And more importantly, For what purpose?

Join a journey of a new exploration team caught in a power struggle. When secrets of the "the incident of rippel" and enemies with strange powers come, what choice will this team have to make. But also, is the distorter evil, unknowingly helping the enemy, or is it another secret far more darkish in nature?
Join Emmet, Dextra, and the rest of Team Pulsar!
As their journey begins with
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon #6 Distorion
Book 1
Ripples in water​

Vragon

Send off and off set

The sun was high in sky with no clouds in sight. A good omen for their future sendoff, going to happen in the evening. Emmet and Dextra were hard at work getting ready for their trip to the dock town and their send off from the docks. Their enthusiasm to start their epic adventure was evident, considering how Dextra was practically already out the door in her head and Emmet was going over their items for the twentieth time. After the two finally agreed they had all they needed they proceeded inform their mother.

"Hey Mom!" Dextra roared, bursting with vigor, "We've done the baggin' now come on lets go to the docks and meet Dad!"

"Dextra" Martha got up and walked over to her, overly energetic daughter, "Dad won't be at the docks until it's close to time. He has his job as a ranger after all. And are you two sure that you have everything?"

"We do Mom" Dextra stated with impatience.

"And if she was wrong, I would have known" Emmet enforced his sister's statement. So Martha went with them to check. Their exploration bags were full and weren't too heavy. She looked in them and her eyes widened as a smile crossed her face. She asked them again if they could have forgotten anything. They both again stated they had thought of everything. Dextra with her impatience and Emmet with a recanting of the items he put in the bags.

"Well then" Martha got up and smiled, "I guess you two are ready to go then"

"Awesome!" Dextra shouted with glee.

"Dextra, we aren't going yet." Emmet informed her as Martha did.

"Emmet, Dextra before you both get to excited I think there is something you both should see." Marth giggled, trying to hide her smile that showed future laughter.

"What? Is something wrong?" Emmet asked.

"Just look" Martha advised them as they looked in their bags. Nothing seemed missing and there weren't too many things in there. The bags were done perfectly in their eyes. They turned to Martha with looks of confusion. Then Emmet's eyes grew wide.

"What Emmet?" Dextra asked her spaced out brother. Emmet's head fell in shame as he turned to his sister and said, "You didn't put berries in my bag without me knowing, did you?"

"You moron" Dextra stated, unaware of the message Emmet was trying to convey, "I didn't put any berries in your bag. I don't like berries you eat. Why would I…….oh" It was at this moment Martha's smile turned to giggling. The kids turned embarrassed at her taking in the shame of their carelessness. She walked up and hugged the two assuring them it was just a joke, and not to get to hasty. But the time was drawing near and they needed to leave soon in order to get the ferry. Once, Martha, made sure they had everything, they headed off to the dock town nearby.

The docks were busy, as such places were in the spring season. Mons would come to trade and sell their stock and items at the local markets. Mons from as far as Warkriam, also known as the water continent, would come to compete or participate in this world market. It was when items had been shipped, that shippers would let passengers ride their vessels. As such, Emmet and Dextra would ride with one such shipper. Captain Gassha, was a Gastrodon was a friend of the fathers and had great respect for the ranger's line of work. So when the three met up with him and Martha's husband at the docks, he didn't hesitate to greet his future boarders.

"Hoy Martha! It's been to many moons" He greeted nodding his head.

"You're here early, Honey" Her husband, Frexin, an infernape as well, didn't hesitate to point out. She walked up and they shared a kiss. Emmet and Dextra then walked up and hugged their dad.

"So are you two ready to go to Triacal?" He asked his energetic adolescents.

"We so are!" Dextra exclaimed with fever.

"You have everything packed?" He inquired. Dextra and Emmet frowned. Martha giggled again at this funny coincidence of words.

"Yes dad" Dextra muttered with a scowl, "We have everything. Mom made sure of that."

"Well" Frexin assured them as he stood up, "She just wants to make sure you two are good to go."

"Perhaps, maybe I did go a little too far." She confessed wrapping her arms around his left.

"Well, if you are ready. We have no other passengers, so we can go if need be." Gassha mentioned.
They all hugged and said there goodbyes as the two got onto a small dingy. Gassha dove into the water and fastened a reign to his body.

"Oh Dextra!" Martha shouted as they started off, "Take care of Emmet!"

"I will!" She shouted, while waving back.

"And I with her!" Emmet shouted as well. As the boat slowly moved out of sight the couple stood watching the small dot that was their kids, slowly disappear on the horizon. Triacal wasn't far and they would get to the guild before to late.

"You think those two will be okay?" Martha asked her mate with worry.

"Of course dear. Gassha is a good friend and their smart. They will find the guild." He reaffirmed her.

"I know, but what about Emmet's voices?" She implied.

"He's not a kid anymore. He isn't scared by that anymore as well. He's a smart lad and will be a great teammate with Dextra". He comforted her and they headed back to the house.

Hours later, at the dark of 1:00 PM, a Mon was walking on the docks. It was an Alakzam with a headband on his forehead, along with a diamond locket on one of his spoons. It bent over and touched the dock. He closed his eyes and concentrated for a few seconds. He sighed as he opening his eyes and stood up back up. He touched the Diamond and began using his telepathy. The Diamond sent his thoughts to the Hidden Land where Dialga was waiting on the Pinnacle of Temporal Tower. The deity of Time was staring over his domain with great concern.

"Master Dialga, I have found traces of the distortion Giratina told you about. They are minuscule and appear to have no connection the distortion ruler's work. These appear to be of a different origin." The Telepathy rang through the legends head.

"Are they similar to the distortion patterns from 'the incident of rippel'?" The legend questioned with telepathy as well.

"They are similar, but these are much less strong. The distortion amount however has gradually faded by the influence of reality. It doesn't seem to be much left for tracking the cause." It explained.

Dialga looked up at the golden clouds surrounding the hidden land. He told the Mon to keep looking and inform him of any new findings. The mon took its hand off the diamond and thus severed the mental connection.

"Distortion doesn't just disappear." He thought, "I and Palkia shouldn't have a problem finding any distortion in the real world. Yet it seems that neither we nor Giratina can find the source nor the cause. It has to be hidden from our sight. Whoever is keeping this hidden from us will be punished severely."

He turned and walked over to the gear station with the five time gears resting in their cases. He sternly glared at the resonating metal. He couldn't let another disaster befall this world again. Not another ……. Paralysis. He would find the disturbance and stop it. And if someone was pulling the strings, he would personally blast them into oblivion.

"Don't worry, your safe now"
Emmet heard in his head as he slept on the dingy.
Suddenly, Dextra shook him like a madmon.
"Dextra! what is wrong with-" He started to scold.
"Look sleepyhead" She enthusiastically blurted as she pointed to Vertana Town." Emmet's face turned from anger to excitement at the sight of town and more importantly, the guild. They didn't stop staring at the guild on top of a high mountain cliff till they reached the docks. They thanked Mr. Gassha and requested he let their parents know they arrived safely. Racing through the streets with speed of thrill, Dextra and Emmet hurried onward towards the guild. Their dreams were before them they weren't going to hesitate to reach them.

Years
Showing v telling bro. Decide what information can be told through character interactions instead of like a huge expo dump (which is also the preface and world building post, I'm iffy on that), and speaking of deciding, also decide if information is necessary to the story or not. Also, it's kind of funny to hear a Pokemon with the name "Martha Lorace Viexa" - it's just so extravagant, esp considering her kid's names are "Dextra" and "Emmet."

The Marshtomp jumped up two inches off the ground from being startled. He looked up to see Martha staring down at him, trying her best not to giggle at his unintended impersonation of a "litten getting water on its tail".
"Oh Mom! Why didn't you knock first?" He said getting up to his feet, his cheeks red from embarrassment.
"Well your door was open and I looked in to see you laying there reading. It's just what I thought of doing to get your attention." The mother explained, still trying not laugh. Emmet sighed, though still feeling awkward from the intrusion to his reading. But he got his manners together and asked her what she needed.
There are grammatical issues here, like first, the period should be inside of the quotation marks: "litten getting water on its tail." And then, instead of a period after 'attention,' there should be a comma since it's not a full stop, and since it's not a new sentence, 'the' shouldn't be capitalized. "...doing to get your attention," the mother explained,...
"Mom" The Marshtomp yelled, as his face flared up with embarrassment.
And like here, sometimes you forget punctuation entirely.
Their enthusiasm to start their epic adventure was evident, considering how Dextra was practically already out the door in her head and Emmet was going over their items for the twentieth time.
You kinda blended showing and telling here. Without the first part of the sentence, the part before the comma, the reader would still be able to tell that Dextra and Emmet were excited.

Vragon

Yeah sorry, grammar isn't a strong suit of mine. This is my first time writing in a forum and well, tis not as easy as one would think. I'll try to improve my grammar and writing. Thank you for informing me about the grammatical issues. I appreciate the insight from you and I'll try to improve it.

Vragon

A Touch of the Guild
After what seemed like a run around a corner, Dextra and Emmet reached the entrance to the Guild. It was a typical arch, spread over a stone pavement leading into a very regal building. Its windows were full of light and activity, despite the late hour. The area was full of lush gardens, battling fields, and training stations. The main courtyard, lying in front of the guild's main entrance, was decorated with mosaic tile in a pattern that from a sky view would display the Guild's badge design. The Arch had no gate, but there was some kind of strange transparent wall in front of the gazing duo. Emmet was awed by this abnormal sight and walked up to its vertical stature. Emmet began to reach at it while gazing at its top, connected to the bottom of the metal arch. Dextra snapped out of her awe, just in time to spy her brother's naivety.

"Emmet!" She shouted at the curious Emmet. He jumped from this sudden outburst. Right into the clear wall. It bend as his weight fell upon in and sucked him onto the other side. Dextra ran to the reverberating wall yelling "Emmet" in worry. She dared not touch the wall, but couldn't see her brother anywhere. Suddenly it moved towards her. She jumped back was caught by a grabbing object from inside it. The wall slid of the now visible arm that was no doubt her brothers. Before she could get out of her confusion, it pulled her in and she plopped out on the other side of the clear flexible wall. She scoped the area in front of her lying position. The courtyard, that looked completely empty, was lit up with many Mon's in its vicinity.

"What the?" Dextra managed to mutter as Emmet helped up her up.

"Sorry sis" Emmet weakly laughed, "That clear wall was apparently just some reflective membrane. There supposed to be like invisible walls to hide things, but mons can-"

"No Geek! I'm talking about the sudden mob that appeared before us!" She interrupted in anger.

"Beats me" Emmet shrugged. They stared for a few seconds before mustering the courage to ask one of the Pokémon about what was going on.

"Excuse me sir" Emmet tapped an Empoleon nearby. The large and regal looking Water/Steel Type turned and gave him a very chilling stare. Emmet gulped for a second and inquired while trying to preserve his nerve, "P-Pardon me Sir, but um, can you tell us what um is going on?"

It didn't answer for a second and responded with strong but relaxed voice, "The Guild is throwing a festival to commemorate the new graduates."

"Graduates?" Emmet repeated curiously.

"Yeah, a few teams graduated and are now official Exploration Teams." He stopped as he suddenly spotted something in a crowd nearby, "Hey that's them there."

He pointed to a group of Pokémon, causing the two kids to look as well. Standing there were three groups of three Pokémon.

Dextra followed up with, "Who are they?"

"You see the team on the right" He explained as he directed their gaze to one of the teams. This team was comprised up of a Golduck, Floatzel, and Machoke.

"That's team Ragewave" The Empleon continued, "Their leader is a Golduck named 'Rysco'. He's the son of a successful scientist. He's a tactical analyst, who has led the team the highest of any academic score this for all four years of their stay. The floatzel is 'Reina'. Her dad's tough battler. He's trained her in many different fighting styles. Also, she can swim faster than normal Floatzel's her age and she focuses on sneaking around and attack from blind spots in spars. The last on is that Machoke called 'Worren'. He's tough and is the defensive one of the goup. He never talks to anyone, but his fellow team members. Together they have a good balanced team that have completed many hard tasks in one shot. Rysco makes the strategy and analyzes their opponents, Reina is the main distraction and final blow dealer, and Worren is their defense if they need to fall back or if they need to get an opening."

Emmet stared at this graduate team. They looked so strong and experienced. Could he and Dextra make it to that point? His inner thoughts were interrupted, by a voice sounded inside their heads.

"It's time for the Graduates celebratory battle. Please make your way to the Northwestern battlefield." After the voice became silent the crowd of Pokemon began moving to a place behind the large guild.

"What was that?" Emmet asked the Empoleon.

"That was Guildmaster Vixen talking inside our heads. The librarian is a Meowstic with great mental prowess and she transmits these messages via telepathy. You two should come watch the Triple Battle."

And with that, the stranger joined the crowd in heading to battlefield behind the guild. Dextra started to head that way too, till Emmet grabbed her arm.

"Wait sis, we don't know our way around."

"Oh relax Emmet" She laughed shrugging his grip off her arm, "Besides, you're the one that went through that wall first." She winked walked to the arena. Emmet sighed and followed behind.

The stone stands were full of excited Pokémon, anxious for the triple battle match. Emmet and Dextra were near the top of the stands, gazing upon the currently empty battlefield. They had seen battle competitions before, but not with such a nice battlefield as this with perfectly cut stone benches. Dextra's excitement was high for the battle. Evidence of this being, her bobbing up and down on her seat with impatience. Emmet, didn't share his sister's enthusiasm. While he shared an interest in battling, he preferred observing it in a less crowded setting.

"This is going to be great" Dextra laughed with anticipation for the battle.

"Would be great" Emmet complained, "If it wasn't so crowded."

"Come on, don't be a mood killer" Dextra smirked.

Emmet moved a little closer and whispered to Dextra, "Dextra, Do you think that we can do well here? I …… huh?" She wasn't paying any attention to him as her eyes remained fixed on the battlefield. He sighed and returned to his prior position.

Finally a Pokemon stepped onto the field. The Pokemon was a burly Chesnaught, who wore the customary Black and White bands to indicate his status as the Ref. He raised his arms and gestured for silence. After the crowd became still he returned his arm back to his side and proceeded with rules.

"This will be a Triple Battle Exhibition Match. The use of any items will not be permitted. All three of each team will participate at the same time. This battle will be team free for all, so no opponent will be assigned to any member of one team. When any member of any team is unable to battle, they will be declared fainted a no longer be in the battle of play nor be able to tag back for the rest of the battle. The battle will end when all three members of any team are unable to battle. Now, Exploration Team's, please step onto your respective start zones."

He backed off the field as the two teams walked onto their sides and stopped at their respective start zone squares. Dextra recognized the team on the right side was that team Ragewave from earlier. Their opponents were a team made up of a Tangrowth, Raichu, and a female Jellicent. Both teams stared at the other as the Ref prepared to signal the start. The audience, Dextra, and Emmet moved to the edge of their seats, as the Referee flung his arm down and yelled "Begin!"

This section will be follow up comments from me.
So its a start. A rough start, but I will keep moving forward.
I hope the story is good. I can understand any annoyances or problems with the story so far.
I will do me best to improve the structure and make it an entertaining piece of work.
If you have comments or thoughts, please keep them coming.
I will take some extra time on the next chapter. It is a battle chapter after all (smile).
THANK YOU!

Vragon

Battle of Minds and Tactics

Before even a second could pass, the two teams began charging to the center. The Tangrowth stopped abruptly and threw leech seed into the ground on the sides of the field. Leech stalks quickly grew and surrounded the sides of the center part of the field. The Raichu stopped as well and unleashed discharge everywhere. Warren stepped in front of his teammates and shielded with protect. The violent electricity blasted onto the barrier, but failed to penetrate. Team Ragewave were unaffected by the Raichu's discharge, but neither were the opponents. In fact, the leach seed stalks were attracting the electricity around the opponents and channeling it into the ground. Warren and Reina were perplexed at this, but Rysco realized that the Jellicent was using psychic to pull in the electricity. It would then flow down the stalks and into the ground. He theorized they were setting up a counter to discharges effects, while at the same time, trying to electrify the field for the Pokémon on the ground.

"Reina" He ordered, "We need to stop that discharge."

She nodded and began spinning her two tails rapidly. She was trying to charge the move Razor Wind to slice up the stalks. However, the Tangrowth wouldn't let this happen. He activated Power Whip and thrusted the vines into the ground. Warren spotted this and immediately yelled for Rysco and Reina to fall back. They leaped away right before the underground vines struck from underground. Fortunate, With his teammates out of the way, Warren enforced his Protect to cover the full area around him. The Raichu smirked and he ceased using discharge. This let the Jellicent redirect her psychic onto Reina. She began to be subdued by the mental power of the Jellicent. Rysco quickly closed his eyes and used Extrasensory to interrupt the grip on Reina. Despite the effort form the Jellicent, this was merely a distraction. The Racihu took advantage of the diversion and circled past Warren, still fending off the power whip with his protect. When he was in range, the Raichu threw a focus blast at Rysco. He was still interfering with the psychic and thus couldn't respond without breaking his mental focus. Reina had his back though, and shrouded her tails with water as she knocked the sphere away with aqua tail. The sphere hurled into one of the stalks with an explosive impact.

With the Tangrowth keeping Warren on the defense along with Jellicent and Rysco in a mental battle, Reina was the only defense for the two from the swift Raichu. He began to unleash another discharge at the three. Reina rushed in front to defend Rysco and fired ice beam at the ground in front of her. She created and Ice boulder that managed to shield the two. Unfortunately Warren got hit by the Discharge and dropped to one knee. Reina looked at Rysco and whispered something into his ear. He nodded and stopped using his Extrasensory against the Jellicent's psychic. She once again attacked Reina with Psychic and Rysco once again took action. But Rysco took a different approach this time. Instead of interrupting her grip on Reina, he fired a water pulse at the Raichu. It dodged the attack.

Rysco yelled, "Now" to Warren. He immediately dropped protect, got back on both of his feet, and slammed his right foot into the ground.he got struck by the Power Whips, but he had successfully used Bulldoze. Reina was already off the ground thanks to the Jellicent, and Rysco merely had to jump. He grabbed onto Reina and used Extrasensory on the Raichu, confusing him a little bit. This stopped him from evading bulldoze. He fell on his back and began suffering the additional effect of speed loss. Rysco, then once again, turned his attention to keeping the psychic off of Reina. With the Psychic no longer an issue, Reina immediately fired an ice beam at the Tangrowth. Since Warren was no longer in the way, the beam of frozen energy scored a direct hit on the Tangrowth's face. The Grass Pokémon fell on its back trying to scrub the ice off his face.

"Hey (huff) Reina" Rysco grunted to Reina while keeping the Jellicent's Psychic at bay, "Good hit (huff) see if Warren is okay."

"I'm fine Rysco" Warren laughed getting to his feet, "Did it work?"

"Yeah" Reina smirked, "I'll deal with the Tangrowth if you can handle that Raichu, Reina."

"Whatever" Rysco growled under the strain of the mental battle, "Just take them down. This Jellicent is pretty effective at mental fighting." His teammates nodded as Reina headed for the Tangrowth, while Warren moved against the Raichu.

The Raichu had gotten to its feet by now. Warren chuckled at his opponent and stated "You've got a pretty zappy discharge."

He cracked his knuckles and neck as he walked towards the intimidated Raichu. It fired another Discharge. Warren braced himself and covered his chest with his burly arm in response to the electricity. The Raichu kept shooting out his Discharge, but Warren remained stalwart. Finally the Raichu grew too tired to keep using his move. It stopped to catch his breathe. Warren rushed up to him and use Brick Break. The Raichu couldn't put up a strong defense and was knocked into one of the leech seed stalks. It slid down onto the ground, fainted.

"Vexcrar of Team Mindvolt is unable to battle." The Referee shouted as he signaled to some staff to help the Raichu off the battlefield.

Meanwhile Reina began her confrontation against the Tangrowth. It had broken the ice on his face and immediately readied himself for Reina. She fired another ice beam. The grass type used Ancient Power to shield himself and fired the remaining rocks in response. She maneuvered through the incoming rocks, and attacked with Aqua Tail. He blocked her attack and attempted to use Power Whip to strike back. They both clashed back forth with Aqua Tail and Power Whip. They simultaneously struck and locked their attacks for a second. Though Reina was strong, she lacked the mass to back up her force. She got pushed back form the force, but instead of resisting, bent along with the forceful push. This enabled her to slide it over her head and fired another Ice Beam, this time, into its right arm. The heavy ice covered his arm, weighing him down, and causing a little imbalance. Before it could regain its posture, Reina pounced upon his head and began charging Razor Wind. She swung around on the Mon's head, keeping him from hitting her off. When Razor Wind was ready, she leaped off his head and unleashed a tornado of slices onto her opponent below. The wild wind current surrounded the Pokémon, slicing him from all sides. Once the Whirlwind of slashes ceased, the Tangrowth fell onto his face, knocked out.

"Tanger of team Mindvolt is unable to battle" The ref shouted and signaled the staff to assist the second fainted Pokémon off the field.

All that was left was Rysco and The Jellicent. Warren and Reina began rushing at the Jellicent. She attempted to charge and fire two shadow balls to stop their charge. She lowered her mental defenses for a second. Rysco saw the opportunity and unleashed a concentrated Extrasensory on her. Reina and Warren stopped in their tracks and just stared as the dazed Water/Ghost Pokémon. She slowly floated down and laid the ground. The battle was over. Reina and Warren turned their heads back to Rysco. He was huffing and a bit sweaty. He calmed his mind and rolled his head. Warren and Reina walked over to their friend. Warren chuckled and commented, "You okay? Your look tired champ."

"I would like to see you keep up a mental fight, while at the same time keeping our minds in sync." He snapped back.

"Relax Rysco, its over.", Reina sighed.

Yes, The battle was over and Team Ragewave had won a total victory. The ref declared out loud to all the spectators, "Jinva of team Mindvolt is unable to battle. Plus, Team Mindvolt has no more members unable to continue, therefore the winners are team Ragewave."

The crowd applauded the winners, as did the two conscious member of team Mindvolt. Warren, enjoying the moment, grabbed the other two by their hands, and lifted them up in glory. Reina joined Warren and grinned with pride, but Rysco became embarrassed.

"Really you two!" he yelled at the grinning two.

"What? We won, lets at least enjoy this moment Rysco. Or are you just shy", Warren teased Rysco.

Rysco growled at his friends childish grin. But he sighed and just went along with it. The crowd continued their applause for the victors. Dextra and Emmet both, were impressed by the battle and cheered along with the crowd. Finally the applause ended and the spectators sat back down.

"That was an amazing fight", Dextra praised.

"Yeah", Emmet agreed. He looked at his sister and inquired if she thought they could be that some day.

"Sure Emmet, one day. Soon We'll be in the guild and learn all about Exploration. I bet when were done, we can kick butt like they do."

Emmet gave a small grin and returned his gaze back at team Ragewave. They looked so strong and so smart. Emmet wondered if he and Dextra could really be like that someday. "But that's a long ways away", he reasoned in his mind. For now they would be on the stands, but in the future they would be great battlers like this team. Team Ragewave is a great example of the strength a team could have and maybe him and Dextra could be inspirations to others in the future.

(Phew) First battle chapter done. I don't expect it to be perfect but I hope it was decently entertaining.
I'm trying to incorporate mechanics in Pokémon battles in different ways;
like moves being used through different methods, sparring and physical fights without moves, and the other mechanics (Z-moves, Mega Evolution, orbs, etc.)
Please, leave a comment, critique, or phrase about anything you took form this or thought was great/could be improved upon.
Thank you all fro reading and I hope you enjoy this and my future works

Vragon

Contrast with Mending

"That was freaking amazing!" Dextra grinned with satisfaction as they walked back to the courtyard. It was nice to have watched such a battle, even if they lost time in the process. It was time to enroll into the guild and begin their introduction to the school.

"Hey Dextra, let's go ahead and get enrolled. If we do that now, we can take a look around and get a grasp on how things work here." Emmet suggested. She nodded. Proceeding through the main entrance doors, the duo stopped from the mere sight of the enormous line inside. It appeared that the line grew as they were on their little detour. They groaned in boredom at just the mere sight of the 20 yards filled with other mons waiting to enroll. Fifteen minutes passed and they had made next to no progress at all.

"How long does it take to enroll." Dextra muttered with annoyance.

"You wouldn't think it would take this long just to enroll. I mean, what do you do when you get up there?" Emmet complained.

"I wish there was a way to speed this up." Dextra mumbled to herself. Just then something caught her eye. It was that team Ragewave from earlier. They were talking with some Delphox near one of the hallways. Dextra stared at them for a few minutes, imagining in her head what they could be discussing. Emmet finally noticed her gazing towards Ragewave.

"Dextra," He scolded hitting her on the back to snap her from her daydreaming, "stop staring that's rude."

"What their just talking." Dextra defended.

"So, they deserve their privacy. After all, they just fought a battle." Emmet pressed further, not buying her excuse.

"If they wanted privacy, they shouldn't be talking in plain view. And there better ways to get my attention than a hit on the back." She shot back. Their argument began to get more vocalized. So loud that Team Ragewave took notice of their squabble.

"What's their problem?" Reina inquired her equally clueless teammates.

"We should probably talk somewhere else." Warren suggested to the group.

"That won't be necessary Warren." The Delphox assured, "New mons are bound to show a bit energy. It will die down soon."

"Why allow their disruptive behavior continue? With all due respect Guildmaster, you cannot perceive 'when' or 'if' it will stop that easily if at all." Rysco stated. The defiant stare of Rysco met against the Guildmaster's carefree smiling face. Reina and Warren stayed silent, as they once again wateched Rysco and their Guildmaster's ideals clash. Rysco had always had a problem with irresponsibility, thus aiding in his annoyance with the laid back natured Delphox. The Guildmaster however didn't feel the same about Rysco. He was fully aware of why Rysco felt so lackluster to relaxing and having fun and why Rysco never tried to bond with his teacher, despite the Guildmaster's attempts. The Delphox merely just gave a goofy smile and replied with a hint of smirk, "Your right Rysco. You are a good student for a good reason after all."

This just agitated Rysco even more. He looked towards the entrance and sternly responded with, "I would ask that you don't play around with me sir. I have no interest in participating in childish antics with you."

"Rysco" The Guildmaster uttered with now a tone of worry, "You don't have to call me sir all the time. Marco, is my name and you've earned the right to address me with it." He put his hand onto Rysco's shoulder, receiving a response of it tightening up.

"I'm glad you, Warren, and Reina graduated from the guild. You were some of the best students I ever had walk through my doors. But there's more to life than professionalism, as there is more to a team than skill." Guildmaster Marco mentioned as he tried to talk to Rysco. The Golduck just merely gave him uncaring stare from his right eye and said to his teacher's face,
"And there is only reason with knowledge. Delusions about life is just another way to lie. I don't have the time nor interest in lying to myself or praise based off false reason."
He brushed off Marco's grip, with serious stare. Rysco then walked down the hallway, leaving Guildmaster Marco's care with its owner. Marco closed his eyes and tilted his head at the shunning. How this scene had happened so many times, with each time as heartrending to him as the previous one.

"Sorry Mr. Marco for Rysco's behavior." Warren bowed, as he apologized for Rysco's rude actions.

"Its fine, Warren." Marco assured the two, "I understand how he feels. You two are the closest things he's had to an accepting family. Take care of him for me."

"We will" Reina bowed as well.

"And taker care of yourselves to" Marco stated with a smile, "Rysco, isn't the only student that has gained my respect as a learner and applier"

Reina and Warren grinned with gratitude, as nodded in respect and followed their leader down the hall. Marco sighed with concern for his new graduates. Remembering the two arguing mons, Marco returned his gaze back at the line just to see Dextra and Emmet's vocalized argument had now turned to a headlock war that was even noisier than before.

"Your completely ignorant of the whole concept of politeness, you hothead muscle for brains!"

"Yeah, well at least I'm not a wet blanket with legs that doesn't know when to stitch its mouth shut!"

Their insults grew louder and more vicious, as their locked heads pressed harder and harder against each other.

"From my perspective, you both appear hard headed" Guildmaster Marco chuckled, walking over to the two disrupters, "you two must possess a pretty thick skulls to be able to push onto the other without getting a headache."

Emmet and Dextra looked at him for a second and faced away from each other. Stubbornness was a trait that was abundant in the two and unfortunately, usually surfaced at its strongest when there was friction between them.

"Another one of these." Marco sighed and he readied to do the sibling make up routine. He bent down and looked at the two and tried to reason with them.

"Okay so since you two are (cough) angry, we'll try it this way. So what's the problem?" They both gave him a look that plainly meant 'Stay out of it.' They then resumed their positions. Marco again sighed and continued.

"Well then, let's try it a different way. Since you both think your right then let's determine who is right in a challenge."

While still keeping their stern postures, Emmet and Dextra's attention was finally acquired.

"So, will the two of you take a challenge to settle whatever this argument is about?" He urged. After a few minutes of thinking they nodded. Marco then asked the two to follow him.

"But, we'll lose our place in line." Emmet pointed out.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to enroll both of you right after your competition. Actually I'll do it after I give you two a little tour after we settle this." Marco assured.

"Wait" Dextra implied with a bit of skepticism, "How can you do that? Do you work here?"

"Why actually yes I do" He responded. Emmet and Dextra's interest grew exponentially.

"You see I'm the Guild Master. Guild Master Marco is my title. Pleased to make your acquaintance." He politely introduced himself with a bow. When he looked back to them he deduced that the two weren't previously aware of his position. This was obvious by the actions of Dextra's jaw dropping and Emmet's hand-planted face muttering things out of embarrassment.

"Its fine I assure you" Marco responded, attempting to calm down their shock, "Come let's proceed to ending this trivial conflict."

He led them through hallway after hallway. They marveled at the guilds size and the wonders in its many halls. Several students passed by them, but none seemed to even look at the two.

"Mr. Marco sir" Emmet asked as they continued on their route, "Why are the students so, well......"

"Unwelcoming, uninterested, stale" He finished for Emmet. Emmet paused and followed with a confirming nod.

"Don't worry about that." He muttered with a lively tone, "Their all very friendly when you get to know them. I'm sure you two won't have an issue making friends here."

"Yeah, I can't wait to become really strong like that team we saw." Dextra confidently uttered.

"Oh" Marco curiously responded, "and what team would that be?"

"I think their team name was team Ragewave" Dextra answered. The guildmaster's smile turned into a slight worried frowned. He looked back in front of him with his head tilted a little.

"Is something wrong?" Emmet inquired out of concern.

"They're my best students." He replied.

"So why are you-" Dextra began.

"Dextra don't press." Emmet scolded her.

"It was just a question. Lighten up" She shot back.

"Right now let's focus on resolving your squabble. I'm curious as which of you will win." He made peace with his cheery tone. Emmet and Dextra grew silent and continued following his lead.

Finally they reached a large room. The vast amounts of books breathed an essence of a school library. Emmet's eyes sparkled with happiness, while Dextra's interest dropped to boredom. The guildmaster walked a few feet ahead of them, turned around, and with an enthusiastic grin uttered, "Are you two ready to settle this. Now you two know at least one normal type move right?"

They were a bit weirded out by his uncanny enthusiasm and the unusual questions, but both answered with a nod. He walked over to the main desk and pulled out a box. He walked over to them and opened it. In it was the Z-crystal Normalium Z. Next to it was a basic practice Z-ring bracelet. They looked up at him with confusion. He then gave a silly smirk and stated,

"The first one that does a Z-move by themselves will be the winner."

Again, sorry for the delay. But I'm glad that its out and ready to be read.
Pardon this sudden request, but I would really like to have some feedback on this or anything really.
I don't want to sound selfish, I would just like other's thoughts on this.
This is my first online forum after all and I'm attempting to better my writing styles for a more public setting.
This work is canon in my stories, but its a test drive to see how I can handle this.
So feedback from the readers would be invaluable to better my works and improve my skills.
Again, don't feel like its requires, because its not. I wouldn't feel bad if anyone gave feedback, because
they felt forced to. If you wish to comment then please do is what I mean.
But aside from requests, the next two weeks are finals so I will have a little difficulty in bringing stuff here.
However, I have no intention of going on hiatus or stalling and will try to dish out at least one chapter before December 17th.
But if I fail to, I hope all you can forgive me. One last thing. Thanks for all the views.
I never thought I would get over two hundred in the first month. I know its probably normal for that to happen,
but a newbie like me has to celebrate even the little victories.
But enough character taking.
Thanks for Reading and I hope all of the readers enjoy this work.

Vragon

Warning! this section contains content related to Sun and Moon. While the info is minor, I would suggest to anyone that doesn't want anything spoiled for them. Please read with caution.

Chapter 6
Rivaling Reason

"You're kidding!" Dextra and Emmet yelled simultaneously.

"I most certainly am not." Marco replied, trying to not laugh at their reactions, "You both will take turns in attempting to use the Normalium Z to unleash a Z move. Oh and since this is competition neither of you can ask for each other's help."

"Tch, that's fine" Dextra grunted taking the contents out, "I'll just do it myself." She took a few steps before she stopped and turned around.

"How do I activate this thing?" She inquired the Guildmaster. The Guildmaster weakly laughed at his forgetfulness, while Emmet buried his face in his palms thinking, "And this is going to be our teacher."
Marco walked over and showed them the movements. They practiced till both Emmet and Dextra were able to pull of the movements without messing up.

"Now you wanted to go first, correct?" Marco reconfirmed with Dextra. She nodded and walked into the center. She took a deep breath and shut her eyes. She crossed her arms in front of her in the pose every Z-move starts with. She broke lock and thrust them forward, with a yell "Hu-Ha!" But it wasn't her aura flaring to life that filled her body. No, it was the tingling of embarrassment you get from fifty stares at the library from making noise. She turned back to look at Marco, doing his best to keep his composer and not laugh and Emmet, staring at her with a mocking smile.

"Yeah, Bookweedle," She challenged, "Let's see you do it." Taking off the Z-ring, Dextra marched over to her still smiling sibling and thrust it into his arms. She then stood by the Guildmaster to watch her brother, hopefully fail like she did.

Emmet gave off a menacing chuckle as he slid it over his fin arms.
"You see sis, the rule of two Mon's doing this is required. But it doesn't have to be us." He walked over to a nearby Wartortle, busy reading.

"Excuse me sir" Emmet tapped the Mon on the shoulder, "Would you mind helping me pull of a Z-move?"

The Water type looked at him for a second, looked back at his book, and bluntly stated, "No"

"Bu-bu-but I need someone to pull this so I can beat my sister." Emmet began pleaded with the Mon.

Again it was met with a "No".

"Bexan, could you please help him out. It will only take a second." Marco requested the student. The Wartortle gave off an annoyed sigh, closed his book on the table, and got up to help Emmet.

Marco returned back to Dextra, who was angry at the Guilmaster helping her brother and not her. The Wartortle was given the Z-ring and crossed his arms along with Emmet. Emmet gave a countdown from three and the two broke and thrusted their arms forward. Nothing happened, perplexing Emmet.

"So am I done here?" The agitated Wartortle asked the Guildmaster.

"Yes, you may go." Marco smile and bowed. The Mon merely walked back to the table, grabbed his book, gave Emmet a cold stare, and walked off to some other part of the spacious library.

Emmet still stood there frozen with confusion. How could it not work? It takes two right? So why did it fail!? He thought as he remained still in the thrust position. Marco walked over and patted Emmet on the head. "Now, are we done?" Marco stated, hoping his point had gotten across.

"Hold it!" Dextra exclaimed, "I'm not done. I'm going to do this and I will even if it takes me doing that stupid dance fifty times." Emmet unfroze as she took the Ring off his wrist.

"Fine, but it won't work. I'm going to do it first and this time I won't have you holding me back." He muttured. Dextra however, heard this and turned around and shouted.

"And I won't have you second guessing me nor my ideas!"

"You don't leave room for other's opinions. You just rush headlong into whatever scenario and don't let others have a say!" Emmet shot back.

"Others or you?" Dextra Pivoted.

"Well you can't deny that you're awfully great at out vocalizing anyone in this room!" Emmet claimed.

"So what if I talk a bit." Dextra defended, "At least I talk to other mon's instead of hiding behind my siblings back!" Dextra attacked.

"I don't hide! You just get all the attention! No one ever notices me or cares to hear anything, because their all too busy listening to the screaming Mankey!" Emmet counter attacked.

"Well you're as quite as a Primarina with a throat condition!"

"That insult doesn't even make sense. I'm not keeping quiet for my benefit. I'm quite because your voice always drowns out mine!"

"Yeah, then how about you just get louder!"

"Maybe I will! And then I can make you quite!"

"I'd like to see you try squirt!"

"I'd like to see you stop me!"

All this time Marco had been trying to calm the two. But his efforts were as effective as a Incineroar swimming in a little pond. The argument however was disrupting the Mon's trying to read, shelve, talk, or just have some silence. Marco realized he needed to take action, and tried to push them apart. But, he underestimated their determination to lunge at the other. Tried as he must, he couldn't move them away from each other. The Mon's nearby were now beginning to grow very angry. Marco then realized he needed to take DRASTIC action. He stepped back and whipped out his stick for fires. And hit the two on head, one slam for each one. Emmet and Dextra grabbed their heads, attempting to keep their skulls from breaking apart, well at least that's how they felt.

"Sorry but you two were going too far." Marco sternly scolded as he put his stick back, "This is a library, not a battleground."

"Then why did you bring us here? You knew we were fighting." Dextra demanded.

"Ah yes and now I'm beginning to question my methods." He sighed from his stupidity. He paused for a second, thinking hard about something.

"Come, I would like to introduce you to someone." He exclaimed, having thought of another great idea. This was the last straw. The mon's nearby all hushed him at the same time. Marco weakly smiled, as he picked up the two and scurried out of the library. After they had gone a few halls down, he put the two down and said, "Come let's go meet a friend of mine."

"A friend of yours?" Emmet curiously but cautiously asked.

"Yes, he's a lively Mon and fun loving. I would like you two too meet, Hootmana Ora Ogema Pershia Aldjinn, or as he preferres to be called 'Hoopa'."

"Wait the Hoopa!" Emmet shouted, hardly believing the statement he just heard.

"Well, Hoopas pass the title of Djinn of the Djinn bottle to the next and the next. He currently is working to join the other Djinn Hoopas. I met him in one of my travels and we became friends. He lives somewhere on the 'Sandy Continent' I believe."

"Then how are we going to meet him?" Dextra bluntly implied.

Marco boastfully exclaimed, "hah, this is how" as he whipped out of his fur a strange orb with a Djinn bottle design on it. He rubbed it causing reddish light to start. Dextra and Emmet stared at the orb as it ascended from the Delphox's hand and remained stationary in the air.

Ahhh siblings. Sibling fights like this just get to me,
I should know I have four siblings.
But enough Familial nostalgia.
I have no new info beside the usual statement.
Comments, critiques, replies, statements, recommendations, words, anybody are welcome.
Thank You

Vragon

But anyway I hope its worth your eyes perceiving the words as your brain processes them.

Chapter 7
Silly Reasons and Awkward Resolutions

Strange sounds began as the orb glowed in a scarlet-purple brilliance. At first the noise was unidentifiable, but after a little bit of time it began to bear similarity to grumbling.

?Hey Hoopa? The Guildmaster childishly called to the orb.

?WHAT!? a loud and squeaky voice blasted from the orb, causing the two teens to over their ears from the sheer force of the vocals. The guildmaster didn?t seemed bothered by that horrid shriek, almost as if he was used it.

?I have some Mon?s I would like you to meet. Plus, I would like for you to show them.? He continued, keeping that gleeful tone.

?Marco, Hoopa don?t have time to come over and be dragged into your school just to meet some more of you simpleton students. I still remember your last trick!? I the voice harshly and vocally responded.

?Oh, you mean when I wanted to show the current class what a mythical looked like?? Marco answered, unsure exactly what the problem with that was. But the voice didn?t appear to care about him not knowing the answer and thus kept its blasting tone as it enlightened the Guildmaster.

?You somehow convinced Hoopa to join in the room, and your class of GAWKING FREAKS nearly tore Hoopa in half.?

?Well Girls obsessed with cute objects tend to be a bit rough with them.? Marco awkwardly laughed, trying to calm down his friend. It had the opposite effect.

?IF GIRLS LIKE THOSE ARE STILL IN YOUR ABYSSAL OF A SCHOOL, THEN YOU CAN JUST WALK HERE AND TRY TO DRAG HOOPA BACK WITH YOU!?

The mon from the orb took a deep breath, collecting his composure, and plainly told,
?Marco, Hoopa have work to do in becoming a Djinn, and Hoopa need to focus on Hoopa?s work instead of goofing off.?

?What are you doing now?? Marco pressed.

?None of your concern? It sharply responded.

?Well? Marco smiled, this time with a look of mischief, ?I bet its practicing teleporter rings.?

?Really Marco, you know better than to question Hoopa?s skills with Hoopa?s Hoopa Ring.? It scolded from the orb.

?Oh, then it must be regarding your psychic powers practice.? Marco assumed further, starting to softly giggle.

?Marco? The voice sternly uttered, growing in volume, ?Hoopa?s not falling for it. You are not going to get Hoopa over there.?

?Then Perhaps its ????.. Practicing first mon pronouns.? Marco chuckled.

?THAT?S IT!? the Hoopa screamed from the orb, ?Hoopa will meet those mons and they can watch Hoopa seal your blabbing mouth shut!? The orb stopped glowing, fell, and was grabbed by Marco.

?Well that went well? Marco smiled despite the threat just shouted in his face.

?But he just said he would ?Seal your blabbing mouth shut?.? Emmet reminded.

?Oh don?t mind that? Marco weakly laughed, ?he just gets cranky when he?s interrupted.?

?So why can?t he say ?I? or ?me??? Dextra na?vely asked.

?He?s um, it?s mainly because o-? Marco started, but was interrupted by a voice behind him.

?Hoopa?s instinct.? The two kids turned to see Hoopa floating right behind them, eyes green and angry. Marco walked up a started to greet him like an old friend. Only to fall through one of Hoopa?s rings placed on the floor.

?Mr. Marco!? The two shouted looking down the ring.

?He?s fine? Hoopa growled, ?Hoopa?s just punishing that goof. No one makes fun of Hoopa?s speech. Anyway, as that (inhale) Delphox stated, Hoopa is Hoopa?s name. What are both of yours?? It took them a second to respond, due to the unusual wording.

?I?m Dextra, and this is my younger brother Emmet.? Dextra introduced herself and Emmet. The Hoopa gave a little bow of the head in response.

?So, where is Marco?? Emmet finally decided to ask of the Hoopa.

?He?s here? Hoopa sighed and released the two rings on its head horns.
One floated directly above the other by about seven feet and they both expanded. In a second, they activated and Marco was seen falling rapidly through the two. Appearing from the top one and disappearing through the lower one, all while screaming with terror.

It took the two a bit of time before they mustered the courage to ask the Hoopa to let Marco go. It growled and turned off the portals as Marco was still falling between them. He fell through the empty ring and impacted into the ground. The ground cracked a little from the force of his fall. Emmet walked up to the flat laying Marco and unfortunately asked the obvious,

?Are you okay??

Marco only moaned in reply as Dextra face planted her palm. Emmet managed to spit out,

?So it wasn?t an issue with the rings? Hoopa stared with his angry eyes and crushed Marco?s soul and spine.

?Ahem, well now to introduce you tw-? He began, turning his attention to the kids.

?Hoopa already learned their names? He bluntly explained, ?Hoopa is no longer needed here.?

?Excuse me, Hoopa? Emmet interjected, ?Can I say something.? Hoopa sighed and gave the Marshtomp his full attention.

?You said you were busy and I do believe you. But Marco didn?t mean to upset you, I think? Emmet stated.

?Yeah? Dextra added, ?And besides, if you both were using orbs, couldn?t you have just turned yours off or place it away if you wanted him to stop??

Hoopa thought for a second and sighed. He realized he didn?t really take the action to ending it and sent Marco a dizzy spell as a result. Hoopa meekly spoke,

?Hoopa sorry for startling you two. Marco is Hoopa?s friend, but Hoopa knows he?s a pest. Hoopa should?ve done what you said.?

Hoopa then turned to Marco, who was beginning to regain his composure, and apologized for being so harsh. Marco assured him it was okay and that he was being ?a pest?. They hugged it out.

Emmet and Dextra smiled at the scene, then thought about their silly little argument. Dextra turned to Emmet, looked at his eyes, and softly expressed, ?I?m sorry bro. I really shoudn?t have been so (um) stubborn.?

Emmet turned and apologized to her face too.
?I too owe an apology. I was being forceful and shouldn?t have hit you in the shoulder.?
They both smiled with reconciliation.

?You?re still a wet blanket? Dextra giggled.

?And you?re still a hothead? Emmet replied and They both laughed it off.

Hoopa then said his goodbye?s and left. Marco then stated it was time to sign them up and started to lead them to the registration office, until Emmet asked, ?What was it you wanted him to show us??

Marco stopped, turned around, and weakly laughed while scratching the back of his head, ?I wanted him to show you two a ring trick to relax you two and help make up. But, it looks like it FELL apart, like I fell.? He punned, miserably.

A few minutes later, they were registered and ready to sign in as an official team for the Guild. All that was left was their team?s name and picking their uniform items.

?I know!? Dextra shouted in inspiration, ?Let?s be Team Pounders!?

?I like the name, Team Radian? Emmet interjected, ?It sounds awesome and is a good term in math and circles.?

They were about to argue again, when Emmet got an idea and whispered it into her ear. They both turned and wrote on the paper

Team Pulsar

Because it was a name for a Neutral star, an object that most of the time highly compressed stars (strong like Dextra wanted) and circular and math related (as Emmet wanted). After concluding their registration, the two grabbed their exploration gear, and began choosing wearable items. They both decided to choose white strand of cloth, used for scarves. Dextra tied it around her right arm like a brawler's band, and Emmet wore his like a civil tie.

When they were finished with their style choices they scurried over to the postal office at the docks and mailed a letter to their parents at home. And as the Pelipper mail carrier left with their letter, they turned back and looked at the illuminating town from the docks. It looked very pretty under the night sky. A fitting place to begin their new journeys.

?..
???.
?????.
????????.
?It is beautiful? Emmet thought to himself as he gazed over the amazing scene before him.
????????.
?????.
???...
??

?Yes (sniff)?
He looked out to the see, but saw no one. He brushed it as unimportant and continued watching the spectacle of light.

Kay, so their now officially part of a guild. But keep in mind this guild acts as an academy of sorts. Its job is to train them yes, but it won't be out in the wilderness like other ones.

THE WORDS BELOW ARE NOT SPOILERS BUT ARE JUST MY BRIEF THOUGHTS ON THEIR NAME AND WHY I CHOSE IT

Author's note: I like the Pulsar and thought it would be a great name for it. I'm an astronomy nerd and Neutron starts are very cool too me. Plus, there's more than just interest that their name is Pulsar.
Have a nice day.

Vragon

Ripple in the Ocean

By: Vragon​

35bf1e10a929fcc4ef4cd335f8a6f482.jpg

Disclaimer: This is not the "Trinity" symbol. It has a purpose and is not solely meant for decoration.
This image belongs to https://www.pinterest.com and I hold no rights or claims to it.
This is a solely a non-profit writing I do as a hobby and this image is merely for showing the chosen design.

Vragon: Sorry, just taking precautions. I am not paranoid.​

Last edited:

Vragon

An Antidote to Boredom

Finally, the time had come. The time Dextra and Emmet would embark on their first epic adventure……..class. Yes, like it was for any new students in a school like environment, it was practically impossible to get any action the first day. While the classes were okay for Emmet and the simple fitness exams were easy, there was a sense of disappointment for the two. They were probably the only ones to have had the exciting experience of wearing a Z-ring, meeting a mythical Pokémon, and getting to know the school's highest official all before joining. And with every extraordinarily good thing that happens, the things right after feel bland in comparison.

It was around 4:00PM, when their classes ended and the students were free to go about their own business. But what exciting thing would two bored mons do on their first post class session? Unfortunately they just sat on the entry stairs, sighing at how easy today was. Finally this boredom was too much for the feisty Dextra. If a never resting energy could talk it would be her. She couldn't stand idleness and today was no exception.

"I can't take this anymore!" She shouted to the world, describing her inner turmoil, "Emmet, let's do something."

"Let's do something?" Emmet repeated her statement with sarcasm, "Wish I had thought of that sooner."

"Funny bro," Dextra pouted not appreciating his mocking joke, "let's at least go into the town and find something to do. I want to sport this white band." She looked at her band with sparkly eyes, in a similar fashion to a nidorino getting a wink from his species attractive counterpart. Emmet concurred, thus The duo marched over to the square of the town and found………nothing to do. They went to the beach, reasoning that there should be something exciting happening or some Mon's playing around, but it was empty of fun as well. Emmet managed to convince Dextra to search for activities at the town's local library, only to find it closed for remodeling.

The sting of defeat in finding any sort of time waster was only trumped by the feeling of boredom they had since the start. They started to head back to the academy, when something caught Dextra's eye. Off in the distance, below the cliff's edge where academy stood was what seemed to be a small metal building. It was hanging beneath the cliff and was supported by a couple of beams along with a much larger one from the roof of the cliff's head.

"Hey, what's that?" Dextra asked, pointing the object out to her knowledgeable brother. He gazed at it for a second, and came to the conclusion of,
"I don't know. Maybe some kind of storage place."

"Or a secret chamber" Dextra valiantly exclaimed, excited at the thought.

"Sis" Emmet confessed, "I'm just as bored as you are, but I would rather us not get in trouble on the first day."

"Whatcha worried about squirt?" She dared, "I'd think you would be more than happy to check a place like that out."

Emmet gave her an annoyed look, crossed his arms, and firmly stated, "I won't go with you. If you want to get removed from the school then go ahead."

Dextra thought for a second, then with a smile villainously whispered, "Emmet I bet I could make it there before you could." This was obviously a trick and Emmet knew it. He fought his competitive urge, but with every tease she uttered afterword's made it twice as hard to suppress it. He cracked five minutes later.

"FINE DEAL but if I win we go back" He shouted to which she responded with,

"Deal, and if I win we go in."

Emmet's heart sank at realizing his instincts had betrayed him. He growled at his sister's egging him and firmly stood on winning. They both lined up on the road leading up to the woods and readied to start.

Dextra was without doubt, the faster runner, however Emmet had one advantage. A simple river flowed underneath cliff's bottom structure, and stopped at a lake directly at the base. The current would be sufficient for him in this race. Of course he would have to have enough of a lead in order to beat her in climbing, another thing she was superior to him at. Dextra nodded and counted down from three. And they rushed off. Dextra easily began to pull away from Emmet, who was struggling to keep up in speed. But when they got near the river, he smirked, and leaped into the flowing water. He began his to accelerate in the current and passed his, now noticing, and sister.

"Heh" She merely taunted, "Your gonna need all the head start time you can get."

He merely gave a mocking smile and dove as the current took him directly to the cliff's bottom, while Dextra had to go around and approach the front do to the lake.

He crawled out of the water, after reaching the best climbing spot. Marshtomp's arms are strong and long, but the specie's legs were their flaw in competitive climbing. He had acquired a decent elevated lead, by the time Dextra reached the base. She didn't stop to see where he was, but immediately started jumping and climbing from rock to rock. Emmet was only ten yards away now. And Dextra was over twenty below his current position. But Emmet knew it was still anyone's game. A few seconds later he was almost at the top of a ledge right next to the storage area. He just had to pull himself up and he would win. He pulled, but felt the strong arm of his sister grab his right leg, preventing him from claiming victory.

"Not so fast bro." She huffed from sprint climbing.

"You can't stop me now" He shouted with vigor, "I hope your ready to lose."

The two struggled. Emmet trying to pull himself up and Dexrtra trying to pull him low enough to get ahead. Emmet was determined not to lose and put more strength in his arm muscles. But something weird happened. His extreme push to pull himself up suddenly felt so powerful. He felt a strange surge in the air around him as he realized he had pulled himself up. He was doing a hand stand on the mini cliff's edge with Dextra still holding his leg. But before he could try to balance, Dextra's weight caused him to fall forward and they both crashed onto the ledge. They had minor cuts, but were more concerned by what in Kyogre's ocean just happened.

"Did you just pull yourself and me up?" Dextra asked, completely clueless as to what happened.

"I-I think I did" Emmet reasons, "But I'm not strong enough to do that. But I did feel something weird when it happened. It was like you and I became lighter and I put too much power into my (pause). What the heck happened?"

"Guess you are still a match for me." Dextra smiled getting to her feet, "Anyway, let's check the place out."

Emmet protested, claiming he was the one that made it first. She countered with pointing out that they landed on the cliff simultaneously, but she was further in. Emmet sighed, coming to the conclusion that she was being unnecessarily stubborn. He complied and the two carefully treaded over the small cliff to the uncanny storage room.

[/Yah, finally something weird!
Sorry, but I've been wanting to do this for a while and was a bit undecided on how to do it.
I decided to do this first before something else (which will be soon).
But anyway, FINALS ARE OVER! I hope I'm not the only one that finds finals strenuous.
Time to pull out that stress ball and listen to boss music from Xenoblade Chronicles.
But I digress, again thanks for the views and any thoughts are welcome.
One last thing I must disclose to you all.
In the future (aka not now but maybe January 2107 at the earliest)
I will be giving asking if I should post another storyline on PC.
Now, I'm still getting acquainted with things here, but by early 2017 I should have a decent grip on things.
So come that time, I will ask and decide whether I should show some other projects I'm working on.
Details will be made when the time comes. I just wanted to inform you lot as 2016 is but 16 days from fini.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannika, Hopeful Holidays, Happy new year, and any other December related holiday jingle that is an actual thing.
Kudos!
happy-new-year-fireworks-font-mixed-various-other-72331630.jpg

Vragon

Sorry for the wait, been spending time with my family. I haven't seen them in a while and have been preoccupied. I apologize for not making this clear, and will now say officially that I will not be able to post as much. Course, this doesn't mean that I won't try to post nor that I don't care to continue. I hope I can keep this story interesting and make it even more enjoyable.

One last thing:
This part has a little reference to the Pokémon the movie 19.
While it doesn't spoil any of the plot,
it does have reference from the mechanics.
These will play a part in the future as you will see.

Chapter 9
Mischief and Non-Intentional Mischief
"What's with this?" Dextra whispered to Emmet.

They both had been staring at the strange cubic metal structure for seven minutes now and so far had found no means of entrance.

"Upon a closer look, don't think it's just used for storage. There doesn't appear to be anyway in and that pillar coming from the top doesn't look hollow." Emmet observed.

Dextra, determine to find an entrance, exclaimed, "Were going to find a way in and this stupid cube isn't going to stop us. Come on Bro, let's look all around this thing till we find an entrance."

Emmet was getting tired of her refusal to let it go. He knew she was stubborn and despite at how impossible it looked to get in she wouldn't stop till she found a natural or make a way. Plus, his curiosity was urging him onward too. And so they searched for any means of entrance. First looking around the walls, checking for hollow places, and finally pulling on edges of small cracks. But it was to no avail. They returned back to their original spot, defeated.

"If only that Hoopa guy was here." Emmet muttered.

"I know right. He could just use his ring and portal us in there." Dextra sighed.

"Anyway, there doesn't appear to be an entrance to the place from the outside." Emmet deduced, "So maybe there is an opener nearby that needs some kind of key to activate."

Dextra nodded and they searched around the area. After a few minutes Dextra shouted, "Hey Emmet, I think I found something."

He carefully made his way over and they both looked at the crevice which inside it resided a hidden lever. Without hesitation, Dextra pulled it and they heard a sound of gears turning inside the cliff. They turned to see the pillar coming out from the objects top as stairs formed to enable access to the roof.
"You would think that a Guild like this would have a better security system." Emmet commented as the stairs came to a stop and silence filled the place. The duo then climbed up and peered down into the hole. Emmet jumped in first, followed later by Dextra.

"It's so dark in here." Dextra grumbeled.

"Here this should help" Emmet spoke pulling out a luminous orb. He clenched it hard to activate its energy and it shined with a bright light. He obscured the orb with his hands so that it acted more like a simple flashlight rather than a radiant room lighter. As he moved it around the room, they saw many strange texts, books, scrolls, relics, slabs, and notes. This placed looked like a study. Emmet was immediately fascinated and walked over to a shelf on the closest wall. He pulled a random book out and opened it.

"What's it say?" Dextra inquired, walking over to get a view too.

"It's just images and weird writing." Emmet answered, "Here look at this page. He showed her a picture with a strange design on it. The design was the Infinity Symbol and beneath it was some scribbled notes in very forma writing. Emmet read them out loud.

In my research into the Arcane Sciences, I have discovered seemingly boundless possibilities and ways of completing incredible tasks by means previously thought as impossible. Our research has proven to be a very beneficial in discovering alternate sources of power. With our resolve, I and fellow colleagues have created many alternate ways of doing such activities. In fact, one of my closest colleagues has discovered an incredible equation and theory. He has bestowed the name "Loop Matrix" upon it. His theories discuss say that could have the potential to freeze a status and enable it to repeat without ending as long as the loop-machine's power is infinitely self-renewed. Both of us have found it to have potential in areas such as renewable energy and staying in the mega evolution status longer than its normal use. While we far from creating such an amazing idea with our current resources, we have dedicated a portion of our attention to this matter and have no desire to halt its study.

Marco the III Arcane Sciences Researcher.

"Wow, that's sounds cool." Dextra expressed with glee.

"'Loop Matrix', that sounds very cool. Imagine if it was possible to have indefinite running energy." Emmet agreed. Dextra gave him a look of confusion as to what the heck did he say. Emmet thought for a second, then repeated his statement in simpler vocabulary.

"This 'Loop Matrix' sounds cool, because it would be like it can renew power. Basically it would be like you being able to throw a punch without getting tired." Dextra smiled at the thought.

Without warning, wounds like footsteps on the roof resounded in the room. They had been discovered. Then anxiously looked for a place to hide, and the two duct into a small chest after removing its paper contents. They left a small crack so they could get a view of the Mon. The mon paused on the roof and quickly darted down. He was so fast they couldn't make any details out, except for the color silver, before it was in the shadows. It quietly moved over to a shelf, the same one they had been at. It looked up and down the shelves. Finally it spotted what it needed and pulled a book out. As the two watched the Mon, Dextra was getting more and more tense. Tension with a monferno tends to make their tails light up more, and her tail was right next to Emmet's right tail fin.

The Mon muttered to itself out loud, "This is just gibberish. I don't know why the boss wants this for a business deal, but heck the boss is getting paid so it's none of my concern. He's been a good boss, so I should do my job and get this thing to him."

He had only made a few steps towards the hole, until his ear drums were ruptured by a shout of pain from Emmet. He turned to see Emmet leap out of the chest, run around the room, and finally tackle him before he could react. Dextra leaped out of the chest too and weakly put,

"Sorry for that Emmet, but on the bright side you got the crook."

"You burned my right fin from your over hyped demeanor and that's ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY!" Emmet shouted leaping of the Mon and rubbing his back right fin.

"What the heck was" The mon stuttered as he got up. He was a meowstic, but his color was silver. He wore a red bandana around his neck and small gloves.

"Hah" Dextra yelled in victory, "We caught you!"

"You caught me?" The mon sarcastically replied doing a little drama bit as most sassy psychic types do, "What will you do to me?"

"Were going to take you to the Guildmaster" She smiled full of vigor.

"Fine" He humble spoke, "but can I ask a question."

"What" Dextra stated.

"Aren't you two here against the rules too?"

Dextra paused upon the realization that they were also breaking the rules. Emmet slapped his face and said, "Doesn't matter Dextra we've got to get him to the school's officials."

Dextra turned and whimpered, "But we'll get into trouble."

Emmet gave her a firm stare and she complied. They turned back to the Mon only to find him gone, the book he had gone with him, and an orb left in his place. Dextra reached down to grab it. It exploded shining a bright grey light into their faces. When their eyes got back to normal, they couldn't see any color just black, white, and grey. Dextra fell on the floor in horror, as Emmet tried to assure her it wasn't permanent. When the two scurried out, they were unfortunately greeted by a Chesnaught, the ref from team Ragewave's fight probably. He grabbed the two, put them over his shoulder, and crossly stated,

"You two are coming with me to the Guildmaster's office." Emmet gave Dextra a disappointed look as Dextra frowned finally agreeing with him that this whole thing was and only could be her fault.

Kay, so we're making progress. Note to kids reading this,
if you happen to catch a criminal, don't concern yourself with
any problems regarding your punishment for catching him.
Anyway have a great Xmas, New Year, Hanukkah, Holiday, or whatever you do at this time.
Can't wait for the new year! (Though I have no intentions for making resolution that I can't keep)

Vragon

Teaching a Lesson

The two were flung into the nice office as the Chesnaught slammed the doors shut behind them. For a brief second their eyes circled the room. To the left side of the office, from walking in, there were a few books on a shelf along with some rolled up maps and certificates. To the right stood a brick fire place that currently wasn?t lit, probably due to the warm weather. A few feet in front of the, still on all fours two was a wooden desk. The got to their feet and viewed the objects on its countertop. Residing on its top were a few papers, a picture whose portrait wasn?t visible from their direction, a letter still in its envelope, a three foot stick with a nice golden handle, a blank writing book, and a swanna quill for writing. Behind said counter was its owner, the Guildmaster. His back was turned to them and remained motionless. After a few seconds of awkward silence, the two heard words uttered from the Guilmaster?s lips.

?Tell me, why were you two brought here??

Dextra and Emmet looked at each other. Emmet looked to their Guilmaster, still gazing out the massive office window, and with a humble tone confessed,

?We?re sorry sir. We were trying to find something to do today so we went into town and eventually spotted that cubical structure underneath the cliff?s top. We climbed up there and tried to get in. We found the switch and went inside. Again, were very sorry sir.? He finished with a bow of the head along with Dextra.

?That wasn?t my question.? The Guilmaster replied retaining his gaze?s direction out the window and repeated the question slower this time. The two looked up confused at first. Then Dextra spoke up,

?We trespassed right? I mean, we weren?t supposed to be in there.?

?Who told you that you couldn?t?? The Delphox continued.

Dextra stepped back to think. Emmet then stepped up.

?Even if no one told us, we still shouldn?t have gone without consulting you or someone else.?
The Guildmaster responded, turning his head just enough to see the two out of his right eye.

?Was it because you didn?t ask me that you both feel guilty, or is it because of a piece of property of mine was stolen despite your efforts to apprehend the mon responsible.?

They both let out a small gasp, and looked at each other with shame. Dextra softly said, ?So you knew about that?

?Yes? the Guildmaster responded. He turned in his chair and faced them directly. His eyes weren?t stern. In fact, they looked almost understanding. Dextra felt a bit less tension from this, but Emmet just looked down at the desk. The Guildmaster went on to explain that he had seen the events unfold and that their part was brave, but na?ve. He didn?t hold them at all at fault in his books loss and smiled at the depressed two. Dextra expressed her gratitude, and Emmet gave a head nod in thankfulness.

?However? Marco continued, ?you two did go into a place you weren?t preferred to go and I will come up with an appropriate punishment. On the other hand, it was only you two that got a good view of our little thief, so the punishment I will give you two is this.?

He opened a small drawer in his desk. Dextra cringed, thinking it was a book full of gibberish to read, without a single cool picture or awesome sentence. Emmet cringed thinking it was letter that he would write and send to their parents followed by detention or worse, suspension. The Mon, however pulled out two basic notebooks, a list, and writing pencils. He offered the supplies to them and went on to explain.

?You punishment is to go into town, ask questions of the folk about things on that list, and jot them down. You both need to return with all items answered, by at least one Mon. No item can be talked about by the same Mon, and you both need to have this done by sunset tomorrow.? Emmet looked at his notepad and pointed out,

?This seems to be more of a challenge rather than punishment.?

The Guilmaster got up, walked over to his shelf, and pulled out a book. Without looking at the two, he asked them read the list. They skimmed it and were became nervous upon realizing the items names were scrambled up. They were about to ask why, but were stopped as Marco handed them a book.

?All the scrambled up words can be found in this book. Each item will be found in a chapter corresponding the items number on the list. If you both fail to do this,? He paused for a second. They both braced for a harsh sentence of the consequences for failure.

?Will result in nothing? He upliftingly finished. Their jaws dropped.

?Then what?s the point of this?? Emmet mentioned.

?Yeah? Dextra agreed, ?why does it matter??

?Because if you both do succeed, then you both will earn these? He reached into his desk, searched for a second, and pulled out two tickets. He told them that these were coupons for two free Sovecones, a famous specialty in town.

?So its bribery?? Emmet dared to state.

?No, reward for good work.? Marco replied, ?I believe individuals learn in different ways. Despite this there is one thing we all have in common in growth. It?s benefiting from our success. We want to succeed and as a result gain something. I push for not just learning, but a want to learn and a desire to improve.? He looked at Emmet this time and his next sentence was for him.

?Imagination is what made our world the greatness it is today. Even the greatest minds need a Sovecone break to help motivate.?

Emmet thought for a second and gave off a understanding expression. Dextra then turned to her brother and excitedly suggested, ?Let?s get to it so we can do it?

She asked Marco if that was all and his reply was ?yes?. The two bowed and waved as they dashed out to start. Marco walked back to his desk and sat in his chair. He looked at the hallway from his open door, left that way by the two hyper kids, and grinned from inner laughter.

?Oh youth? He said to himself, ?You are brighter and more understanding than most give you credit. Many mons my age forget that it will the next generation that will inherit this world. And I want to ready them. Not with facts, but to be able to express themselves. To reach out to their realities and see beyond that. I want to see them test their limits and question the rules.? He looked at the picture on his desk. He picked it up and gazed at the image of him and a younger Rysco. The Psyduck?s face was stern and showed annoyance in the photo, but upon closer inspection would reveal a slight bit of nervous expressions. He set the image down and thought about that time he and his best student met.

Well, I hope that sheds a bit more light upon Marco's character.
Also if any of you were wondering. Yes, next chapter will be a flashback by Marco.
I will continue afterwards with the two, but I do believe that I elaborate upon Rysco a bit more.
I have no intentions of wasting him nor team Ragewave so buckle up, cause its going to be a bit rocky.
(Bad joke and all)
But again, I would like to thank everyone for the views
and how they have passed 400 views on this thread.
I do appreciate it and I'm a little embarrassed to disclose the fact that
I thought I wouldn't get very many. (I'm talking about my standards, not the Forums)
And its nice to see that people are reading it.
I'll try hard to keep it interesting and to further its results.
In other news.............

I'M GETTING SUN AND MOON TOMORROW, PRAISE THE MASTER BALL!!!!

But I digress. Have a nice time everyone.
I wish you well and feel free to comment and all that if you so desire.

Last edited:

Vragon

Sorry about that wait again. I started back on my old job this week and apparently I'm a wanted staff member.
But now that my day off is here (Thank the Maker~C-3PO)
I am able to work on this again. I do have future work schedules, so I may be inconsistent again.
But this shouldn't be to long.
but anyway, I hope you all enjoy it.

IMPROTANT INFO!
the italicized words is the narration of the scene from Marco's perspective.
I also made the basic font a little bigger to make this easier to read.
This won't be the basic font from now on.
(it will only be used to aid in sections that can be an eye strain to read.

Chapter 11
Read Like a Book

It was four years ago. Twenty minutes past four in the afternoon. I was in my office along with two Mons. Mr. Aquarrier, a successful scientist and his youngest son, Rysco. We had already gone over the qualifications for his admission, and he qualified for our elite program. However, one thing bugged me. Why? He was already a very capable student, so why did he need to go through our elite program.

"Everything checks out sir."

I stated, closing the registration book. Everything official was done, but it being my nature to know more about my pupils prior to the actual orientation, I decided to inquire a bit about the purpose of Rysco's enrollment. His father, however, wouldn't be able to answer accurately for Rysco so I went with a basic question about his reason for being here.

"However, it's a firm practice of mine to know a bit more about my students before starting the program. I must ask as to why you're requesting your son go through our elite program? From what you've told me and the test results, he has good experience in our elite's program and there isn't much I could teach him."

The father Golduck stroked his chin. He gave off a little grunt, followed by an answer to my question.

"He may have the skills, but knowledge is useless should it not be used. Rysco requires discipline in using his skills. Does that answer your question, Guildmaster?"

I gave back a nod. I could understand a parent wanting to give their child experience and discipline in a field and the elite course would no doubt aid in that. But something felt………wrong.

My first impressions of Rysco were of good promise. He performed well in the requirement testing for the Elite course, but I couldn't shake the thought of Rysco and his skills being shallow. He could do all the work, but he seemed to be cold about it. Even now, as we were about to induct him into our Elite course, he just stared at my shelf, scanning all the writings I have collected. However, it was time to make it official. I pulled out the final registration paper and set it on my desk.

"You sign here and your son signs here and it will be official."

Being a very formal scientist, he signed with an impressive signature. He held the pen out to his son. The few seconds that played afterwards would answer my real question about Rysco's involvement in this.

The first scene was him looking up at his Dad. This is a generic response to any school signing, of course, but his eyes were the real hint. They didn't show sadness or anger at being enrolled, but more of a stare off. Accepting a challenge in a way. He grabbed the pen out slowly and moved it to the paper.
I noticed he was a bit hesitant. His faced looked directly at the line he needed to sign. I could tell he was having an internal fight in there. His hand was trying to push, while his body resisted. This was subtly done, but I had seen many students deal with the stress of signing into something unsure. This was nothing I wasn't prepared for.

His father then gave off a grunt. Rysco, didn't change his gazing direction. But what did change was his expression. His face showed a reaction of worry, followed by a slight inhale, and finally firming up and writing. This told me that he was reluctant, but his father's insistence convinced him to sign. I deduced he wasn't compliant for reasons of agreement, but from what I saw earlier in regards to their stare off, a Challenge. He withdrew his hand from the finished signatures, set the pen down, and returned his gaze back to the books without an expression of concern. It was official, but there was just one last thing, a private session with the new student.

"Now that that's settled I entrust him to you. I anticipate results."

The Scientist took his leave. It was just me and Rysco now. I was a bit surprised at the lack of change from his father's departure. I expected him to show at least a hint of relief from his father's absence, but he continued to gaze at the books. I spent the next minutes planning my strategy. There is no guarantee a student will open up at all and this one gave me that impression, but my curiosity for his side was getting to me. I've always been a sympathetic teacher and getting to know this Psyduck would aid me in knowing how to teach him in the most effective way. I started with some basic questions for new students. Questions regarding their goals, dreams, fears, and interests they had for their experience here. His answers were merely hollow. They seemed to only answer the question of his interest in personal thoughts as "I do and don't question." I paused for a few seconds before asking another one. I had put some thought into this one, and tried to appeal to his more academic nature.

"Tell me Rysco,"

I tried to keep my tone like a regular teacher to help him assume my feelings on the matter. I wanted him to think I was basic so when I did show my teaching nature, it would have a greater impact and maybe help him be a bit more open. I know that it could backfire, but it was better than not trying to give him a little bit of excitement.

"What are your thoughts on coming in? You are coming into a new school after all."

He remained silent for a few seconds and answered with a predictable dodging answer. However, his version of this response seemed to hold a certain uncanny part to it.

"I don't have any. I'm just here just to learn."

I knew he firmly felt this way, but he gave off an expression of this assumption being unnatural to his thoughts. He probably did feel this way, but his constant gazing at the books during his answer showed his not caring to answer. It made it hard for me to believe he completely felt this way. If he had said it to my face I could, but he just kept skimming the books. I tried something else. Instead of going by the books of the sessions, I decided to delve into methods to get a glimpse of this Mon's curiosity.

"I can see you like the books on my shelf."

He finally looked at me. His face showed surprise, and yet curiosity. I believe this was the part that I got his attention.

"If I may ask,"

I continued, folding my arms on my desk and lowering my head to show less of an imposing nature.

"What is your favorite book?"

I could tell he was unprepared for such an unproductive question. It might have been that he didn't have an answer. If this was the case, my next question would drive the curiosity in this child further into me.

"Um….I really don't have one."

He answered with slight, but still noticeable pauses.

"Well if that's the case, which one of those books catches your eye?"

I got an even bigger perplexed look from his face. It was almost like he was suspicious of my interest in his interest in literature. He slowly walked up to the shelf and browsed the books. Unlike he did earlier, he showed actual interest going over the titles. He would stop at one for a second, looking at the title with interest; he would then move on to the next one to ensure it wasn't more appealing. He decided on one and I asked him to show me. He nervously pulled it out and with a hint of embarrassment showed me. It was one of my older books. Its cover wasn't very appealing and it had acquired a bit of wear and tear. I accepted the book from his hands and looked at the title. It was one of my most important books, not for its content for my teaching but its importance to me. It was my father's theory book titled.

Arcane Science
A in depth study of our world's most perplexing parts​

asked him why he choose this one. His answer was probably the most honest to his nature since meeting him.

"I like theories and well. I mean, I know what Arcane Science is and um……I have never really delved or looked at an in depth study of it. So I guess it caught my eye for its…………it just sounded interesting"

I had to smile at the silly way he put it. He looked very embarrassed as he grabbed his head and grumbled quietly. I decided to ease his frustration by giving him a little disclosure on what he had selected.

"This book was written by my father. He was a researcher into this subject of study and was curious about not just "how" our world worked, but also "Why" it did and to "What" limit. Would you like to read it?"

He replied that he didn't want to impose a need to read something so close to me, but I could easily see he was interested. I assured it was okay and held it out to him. He was reluctant to grab it, but after he looked into my eyes and realized my sincerity, he slowly grabbed it and stared at the piece of scientific study. I called for a staff to take him to his room here. As he left, he gave an honest "thank you" and left to his room. The smile on the Mon's face as it looked at the book would be, when our time started. Rysco…..

"Mr. Marco!"

Marco jumped from his chair startled from the Chesnaught coaches' shout.

"Sorry Guildmaster, I just wanted to get your attention" The mon apologized.

"It's fine Coach Rein" Marco stated getting back into his chair, "What is it?"

"The staff meeting is in half and hour sir" He politely stated.

"Goodness gracious it is!? We need to hurry, oh no I forgot the meeting's agenda!" Marco shouted, as he searched through his desk for his schedule.

"Rein, tell them I'm sorry for making them-"

"Its fine sir" Rein calmly put, "I said it's in half an hour, not half a minute. No one is even in the conference room, we have time."

Marco slouched back into his chair. He exhaled, happy he didn't cause any unnecessary waiting from the staff. Rein then walked up, put his arm on the Guildmaster's shoulder, and with a stupid grin suggested,

"You need a vacation sir. You have been working hard trying to educate these students, keeping our financial affairs in order, and prepping for our hosting the Time Gear Festival* after all."
Marco gave him a thankful stare and said,

"I appreciate it and I would like to after we finish this semester. But, let's climb those stairs, when we reach that floor."
They both laughed and started looking for the meeting agenda.

* its a festival on the Triacal continent that celebrates the events of the Time Gears in explorers of time, darkness, and sky. These events take place in part of PMD #1. Also Triacal is the name of the continent that the events of Explorers of TDS.

No new announcements here,
Except to remind that the this was just a backstory chapter
and will go back to the main prots. next post.
Also, this won't be the only backstory chapter I will do.
Just 'heads up.

Vragon

Well I'm back. Love the site's new design by the way.
Starting a new semester is nerve racking, but I'm glad I have things like this to keep me happy.
I hope you all enjoy (Y'all for all you southern readers. SC the state rules the palmetto).

Chapter 12
Too Easy

"Eight..Nine…Ten…Eleven…Twelve, that's all twelve." Emmet rejoiced at the sight of his completed list, "Okay, so now I have to meet Dextra in front of the school. When she's done we'll present our finished lists together and complete our assignment."

He directed his pace to the guild, navigating the roads he and Dextra had traversed all day. The assignment wasn't too difficult. They, mainly he, succeeded unscrambling all the words on both lists the night before, and set out directly after classes ended. If everything went according to his estimates, then they should be done around half an hour before sunset and thus earning two free Sovecones coupons.

As he made his way up the hill after leaving the main town, he got to thinking about who that mon was and why he was stealing one Marco's books. All that stuff was research from Marco's father. The passage he read was about something called a "Loop Matrix", a theory developed by one of the colleagues in the research. Emmet shrugged off the idea of inquiring about any info from Marco, with it being his father's research and all, however it the thought played in his mind. Imagine a way to have a renewable energy cycler that could run indefinitely. Such a thing would sound ludicrous, but it seemed amazing to the Marshtomp walking on the path. If only he could read a bit more into that, or ask Mr. Marco about it.

Just then he spotted Dextra, waving at him from the top. He hurried over to her and they compared lists. Both lists had been completed with names from Mons in town along with their signatures.

"Okay, let's go in and get that reward" Dextra smiled, with the taste of those Sovecones in her mind. Emmet's mind was on his thoughts he was thinking of along the way. Dextra asked him "what's up?"

He answered by telling her of his intrigue with the "Loop Matrix" and that he would like to know more about it. She laughed at his "Geekyness" as she put it, and suggested they earn their reward first before anything else. He nodded and the two headed in. They passed through the invisible membrane like barrier and started to head up the steps. Before they made it inside and large figure walked and stood in their way. They looked up and with annoyance saw the face of Coach Rein.

"We're done with the assignment." Emmet explained.

"Oh you are." The coach answered, in a tone that deemed skepticism.

"Coach" Dextra stated, "Our lists are right here and we need to give them to the Guilmaster. So if you don't mind moving, we need to get through."

He remained firm and with a deep and challenging voice spoke, "I do mind."

"What why?" Emmet protested, "We've finished the assignment now just let us in please."

The coach laughed, put his hand on his face, and told the two,

"If you think things are going to go to plan, then your project is as good as done. One of the most common things at this school is to expect unexpected obstacles. The Guilmaster has asked me to keep you two out till sundown."

Their jaws dropped and Dextra protested, "Are you kidding me! We only have thirty minutes till its due!"

"Then I suggest you try to get past me" He played off her statement.

Dextra took the invitation and lunged at him with an iron fisted punch. It impacted upon the Mon's stomach, but only caused Dextra to hurt her palm. She backed away, holding her fist while uttering the gibberish she would say when hurting her hand. Now it was Emmet's turn. He walked directly in front of the large mon, still staring at them with a mocking grin. They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, both anticipating the other's movement. Emmet then darted to the right, however he planned to duck under the Chesnaught's legs once he leaned over to stop him. This backfired for, despite his best attempts to be subtle about his real intentions, he was trying to fool an experienced battle mon by doing a fake and change. He was caught by this Mon and roughly, but without too much force, thrown a foot away. This process cycled for ten minutes, with Dextra trying to force her way through and Emmet trying to get around while Rein was busy with Dextra. Alas, they wound up where they started, tired and ticked off at this Mon's playing around with them. Then Dextra had an idea. She called Emmet over and the two huddled. Rein merely kept his eye on them with an overconfident smile, waiting for the two to show him what they were made of. The duo broke and stood on both sides in front of him. They looked at each other and both simultaneously darted to his side. They attempted to go out as far as possible so he couldn't reach them both. Rein merely smiled, and bent without trying to stop them. The two laughed for a second, until they felt something grab their legs. Two Frenzy Plant vines caught them and threw the two outside. Rein laughed as the screaming two landed into some bushes near the entry steps.

"Good try" He teased as the two crawled out of the botany.

"Just let us in" Dextra pleaded, beginning to give up on ever getting past this Mon. Rein shook his head. Dextra scowled and looked at the pavement. Emmet walked up to her and whispered,

"You okay?"

"…..No……No" She began to mumble.

"No what?" Emmet inquired.

"Emmet" She uttered with a firm look in her eye, "I'm sorry for this."

Before her brother could reply, she grabbed his list with her left hand, grabbed his arm with right, began to spin around picking up speed, and threw him at the Mon. Emmet yelled as Rein caught him before their faces made contact.

"What was that fo-" Emmet began. He stopped as both he and Rein realized that she had darted past with both lists and was running to the office. She yelled back to her brother as she disappeared up the stairs,

"Sorry Emmet, but I'm not losing those Snovecones. See you after I deliver our lists."

The two Mons looked at the stairs then at each other.

"Does this happen often?" Rein asked, trying not to laugh from the surprising and daring plan Dextra pulled off.

"Ditching me to win" Emmet replied, "Yeah she does sometimes. But at least we win." Rein put Emmet down and again put his hands on the ground. Sounds came from beneath their feet, followed by Dextra scream as she was hurled out the window by Rein's Frenzy Plant. She landed in some bushes near the two. Emmet's jaw dropped while Rein got to his feet exclaiming,

"I've worked at this school for a long time kid. I know its layout and I'm well aware of how to use Frenzy Plant in the school."

Dextra crawled out of the bushes again, spitting out the leaves that got trapped inside her mouth. She walked over to the steps, sat down, and scowled. Emmet walked over to her and sat beside the pouting Monferno.

"It's fine sis. There just treats" He reminded her.

"It's not that. I can't stand losing to our coach like this. It's humiliating." She sighed cracking her knuckles.

"Then get better."

The two were startled as Rein joined them by the steps. He sat down and leaned back keeping himself up with his large hands. Dextra slowly and subtly tried to sneak, but stopped when Rein grinned at her. Despite sitting with them, he could still use Frenzy Plant to toss them away again. She sat down again and with muttered,

"What do you want?"

He looked at the sky. The sun was close to setting and began to change from bright yellow to a creamy orange. He stared at the sun's transition, and with a cheery but simple smile and conveyed to the frustrated two why he was interfering.

"Yesterday I took notice of you two. You were doing extremely that first day and that led to you both getting arrogant."

Emmet interjected with,

"That's not a reason."

Rein looked at him and responded,

"It's important that our students understand usability and that our world doesn't always play fair. My actions weren't because you did great that day, but that you let it get too your heads, which lead to the whole incident yesterday. You're not the first students I have done this two, nor will you be the last."

The two looked at the steps beneath their feet. They still harbored anger, but they could see that it did get to their heads. But still, what right did he have to interfere. Dextra stood up and challenged his motive.

"Well, you didn't have too. You didn't have any reason besides teaching some lesson that we don't need."

Rein gave her a serious, but still soft look and defended.

"I am a teacher of this school, and last I checked it was Marco that gave you the assignment. He could make additions if he wanted to and he asked me to do this. We've done this always to students who get cocky on the first day to keep their heads realistic so they don't plummet later when things get very tough."

Dextra paused, clenched her fist, and quietly whispered to herself,

"He's right. He does have that position and it was Marco that gave us that assignment."

Emmet stood up to and apologized to their coach for being sore losers. He laughed got up and an energized tone informed them,

"Though you two were getting ahead of yourselves, you still have great potential. I won't go easy on you in classes, but from what I've seen you two can manage. Just don't get to overconfident that you begin neglect."

This perked the two up a little and they all shook hands. Emmet and Dextra started to walk in when Rein got their attention one more time.

"But when you do get tougher and back that pride with muscle. (pause) I anticipate a fight with you (pointing at Dextra)."

Dextra stood startled at first, but regained her moxie and with a clenched fist of challenging she promised,

"Yeah, I'll get stronger and we'll fight. And I'm gonna beat you with what I've learned. Watch out."

"Hah, youth can be so confident." Rein laughed at the fired up student, "But I suppose that's what makes you motivated. And you (looks at Emmet)" Emmet jumped a little, surprised that Rein had something for him too.

"Yes sir." He respectfully replied. Rein gave him a thumbs up and encouraged with,
"Keep good in your geeky stuff and maybe you can beat Marco in science or whatever, I don't know how he settles things like that."

Emmet and Dextra, filled with determination, nodded and accepted their coach's challenge. A challenge to succeed and overcome their superiors. Emmet could fill resolve filling his spirit. He wouldn't fail in graduating and he would leave his mark.

.................................................(soft giggle)............................................​

I wish I wasn't so overconfident when starting High School.
But with me aside, I promise I'm going somewhere with this .....(action)... thing
If the periods and strange things at the end are confusing allow me to say a little.
Now, I can't spoil, but I can say that it happens in his head very subtly.
As was done in Chapter 1 (My first chapter so yeah, please forgive the sloppiness).
Again comments of any (Positive, aiding, critiquing, or interest) nature are welcome.
One last thing. I'm starting to take a drawing class and I'll will be attempting to visually
make these characters. If my drawings are adequate for the internet, I'll post them in order
to help all of you visualize what these characters look like. I know the species tend to be a bit.......
Alike, but that is something I intend to fix. Physical features and differences based on things would add some
uniqueness to them as well as make them something better to look at.
Enjoy 2017 and I hope it stays well. (Nintendo Switch Please succeed!)

Vragon

Simple Business
It was a rainy day, the next morn. The sky was a quilt of different grey colors dropping their crystal rain upon the world below. Fall was coming, and this was but a mere taste of the rain that his Triacal during that season. The townsmons were indoors trying to keep out of cold perspiration. But one Mon was out in the storm. He was with his group, waiting for their buyers to show.

The silver Meowstic stood next to the leader of the group, a Typhlosion or as his gang called him "The Boss". He, the Meowstic, and three other gang members waited underneath a thick tree in the forest.

The meowstic was growing bored from waiting.

"(yawn) Boss, why do we have to be here so early to deliver our end of the deal?" He complained.

"Cause, Zane, they wanted this discreet and I don't care when as long as we get paid. And these buyers apparently have good pocket money with the offer they made." The typhlosian answered, keeping stiff from being so close to a rainfall. Zane just rested back onto the tree and muttered,

"You'd think that after all the trouble I went to too get a stupid book, they wouldn't be so picky as to set a meeting when it's raining. I mean what, do they want to risk ruining it?"

"Like boss said," A Manetric snarled, "They set it up and we don't ask."

"Hmph, whatever" Zane grumbled. He got up and started to walk away.

"Where you going shrimp?" An Ursaring demanded.

"I'm getting out of this stupid rain. I'll get my share when you all return." He answered without turning around.

"Hey if we all have to get wet so do-" The Manetric started.

"Can it!" The boss snarled at the Electric grunt. He looked at Zane, who returned him a gaze as well.

"Since you did get the book you don't have to stay. But don't getcaught or seen." The boss ordered. Zane just gave a grin and a nod. The silver cat continued walking away as the three looked on.

"Your too easy on him boss." The ursaring protested.

"I would do the same to anyone else" The boss shot back, "But last I checked he was the one that volunteered. So unless you start pulling your own weight more, I suggest you keep your stupid assumptions to yourself." This scolding put the Mon in line and they continued to wait. A few minutes later a Mon came out from the trees. It was the species of Gallade wearing a white cloak that covered his head and obscured his body.

"Do you have our investment?" It inquired the goons.

"Yeah" The boss responded, "Do you have our payment?"

"Is this all of you?" The mon asked further moving it's obscured gaze around them.

"What is that to you? Just give us the money and you can have your stupid piece of paper."

"(heh) I guess your correct. It doesn't matter, now let's discuss." It paused. It lifted its face revealing a right metal piece over his right eye. It had the symbol of infinity on it. He spread his arms out pushing his cloak outwards. The gallade grinned at the Mon's shock as they gazed at the now seen mega form.

"Wait your in mega f-……(eyes widen) You can have your thing, we mean no threat to you" The boss tried to reason, assessing the change in the tone. It was unheard of for mega evolution being used outside of battle. The group grew nervous as the Gallade smiled.

"Interesting isn't it?" He rhetorically asked them, "But again your right about one thing." His blades began to shine a dim pink, "You pose no threat to me. And that's unfortunate for you. Thank you for getting our data. After all, if we had to get it I would have to do to the town what your about to see. Silencing witnesses. (Evil Grin)" He laughed like a demon as he rushed the shocked group with the metal symbol on his eye shining an emerald green in its design.

"Pfft, where are they?" Zane asked himself, from their little hideout not far away. It had been thirty minutes since he left them to complete the deal. He looked at the rain outside and growled at the thought of going out there again. He could just hear the teasing he would get from the others for "worrying" about them. His conscious finally won. He made his way back to the spot, grumbling to himself all the way.

"(shiver) It's so freaking cold (brrrr). Why did I talk myself to coming out here. They can handle themselves. (looks up) Finally, almost there, just past this bush and-".
He stopped as he saw his fellows. They were lifeless. He looked around to see no sign that there was a large fight. No, whoever did this, was quick and skilled. He ran over to the boss and checked his status. He teared up realizing his leader without any warmth at all. He looked down his bosses head and could easily spot the slice mark over his throat. He looked farther and noticed something in his boss's right hand. He picked it up and gazed at the strange prism. Suddenly it flashed a light into the sky. He dropped it and started to run. He could hear a voice behind him laughing, "Looks like my hunch was right."

He could hear his pursuer getting closer. He couldn't outrun whoever it was, but maybe he could hide. He anxiously looked around as he ran for a spot to conceal himself. He spied a small crevice hidden by a tree's large root and darted inside it. It was tight but he was small enough to be completely obscured by the root from where he ran from. He could hear footsteps move closer.

"Heh," He heard sinister voice speak, "Think you can hide? Well, I'm told by my associates to be quite stubborn. I'm sure we know who can last longer, my search or your nerves."

"Having fun with stranger's Primo?" A higher voice came from behind the searcher, "It's not like you to actually smile is it?"
"Only when I'm with you lot." The mon sneered back at the unknown Mon.

"Come on, we need to get back." The stranger insisted.

"I'll go back when I choose to." Primo exclaimed. The other mon gave a little laugh, similar to a civil psycho, and finished his statement.

"I was saying that apparently one of his royal clockyness's agents is in the area. We need to keep out of his radar."

Primo snarled at the giggling mon as the two went off in some unknown direction. Zane crawled out his little hiding spot and began to run again. He was confused and shocked. He had lost all his friends and didn't even get to cry over them. After running aimlessly he collapsed near a pool of water, rippling from the rain. It was there he let out his sadness. As he wept there, a figure walked up to him. He looked and met eyes with an Alakazam. The mon bent down, put his hand on the frightened mon's head, and asked, "I need you to come with me. Master Dialga will hear your story and we can provide you protection."

Zane hesitated, but seeing he had no alternative shook his head "Yes". The mon helped the trembling Meowstic up, and flicked a diamond on one of his spoons. They became surrounded by a circle like a clock's face and were whisked away. When the light faded, Zane was on top of a towe. He looked in front of him to see the time gear pedestal.

"W-w-wait" He stuttered, "I'm at what it's called?"

"Temporal Tower" A massive bellowing voice spoke from his side. The two looked to see the mighty legend Dialga. The light in that place gleamed off his steely body, creating a regal reflection around his presence.

"I'm Dialga Lord of Time" He introduced himself, "And you need to tell me as much as you know and all that you have seen. I asked you not to withhold any information from me, for I suspect that your group's murderers are the same as the Mon's I seek to stop."

And with that the first book comes to a close.
I know it's an awful cliffhanger, but don't worry I have no intention of dropping this.
I will be taking a break from this specific story for a little bit,
but only for working on some others.
I did say last month or the month before, that I would put another one out there if I felt I could.
And I happy to say I feel adequate to do such a task.
One last thing, I really wish I could describe design in writing, but it's very hard to that so let me inform
you lot on some more things on Primo.
He is quite similar to Primo from Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's (yes even I like that series).
However, this is not a rip. There will be differences and other things.
I just like the emperors' design and feel that they would be fitting for this group.
Also, Mega Evolution. Yeah, I loved it when I first saw it, but I won't be making any mega evolutions that aren't canon.
Now, I hope all of you enjoy the rest of your day/night.
Ripples have formed.
(PS: If this story seems confusing, please let me know and I will try to explain as best as I can.)
(Also, I would like to hear your opinions on this and anything else I do here.)
(I welcome comments, critiques, etc.. I hope this first part was enjoyable and is to keep you reading for the second one)

Vragon

Kay, I no this is beginning to become a trend for me, myself, and I,
but I can assure you I don't like making no progress either. College is annoying,
when it leaves you doing stuff that is time consuming. But I'm hear and starting the second book.
I would like to apologize for the lack of posts. I have been working on some other works I'm am working on
(stupid pun) and now have finished this first chapter in book two

Disclaimer: The chapters numbered this way are to make it easier because of book separation is.....out of my reach right now.
Anyway, without further ado,

PMD Series #6
Distortion
Part 2
A Shift in Tide

Chapter 14
Workout!

"Ughh (huff puff) hughhhh, (huff ……PUFF) am (huff puff huff) I'm almost done?" Emmet wheezed as he continued lifting a barbell in the academy's exercise yard.

"No, you've still got fifty more geek. Now use that Marshtomp arm power!" Dextra encouraged.

"It's Swampert's (huff puff) that have the arm strength. (huff puff) My arms aren……aren't as." Emmet began.

"No excuse. Better workout something you've got potential in, unless you want to practice agility." Dextra winked as she supplied an incentive.

"Oh please no. I can't jump high. (huff puff) Do you want to-"

"Then finish these next ten before thirty seconds, or we're doing twenty jumping jacks."

"I…(Huff Puff) Won't (huff puff) do freakin' (HUFF PUFF) JUMPING JACKSSSSS!!!!!!"

With the new found resolve and sisters verbal support, Emmet managed to finish the remaining ten in twenty five seconds. After Dextra informed him his success he dropped the barbell, walked over to a tree in the yard, and laid his back against it. Dextra walked over to her tired brother with a berry.

"Here" she smiled as she threw him a passho berry to which he ate in a fury of hunger. After devouring it and wiping his mouth Emmet asked his sister if they were done.

"Not even close bro"

"Why not? Why do we have to go all insane just to beat coach?"

"You saw tough he was Emmet. Not to mention he wasn't trying. But with training I'll beat him."

"Then why am I the one lifting barbells?"

"Well you need to get stronger so I can have a good sparring partner."

"I can already fight sis!" Emmet protested, "I'm more than capable of battling."

"Maybe you know how too, but I have noticed that your battling techniques are more based on parrying and sneak attacks." Dextra pointed out.

"What's wrong with that? It's certainly a capable strategy in battle."

"I could see its effectiveness against coach." Dextra smirked with sarcasm. Emmet scowled and crossed his arms and legs.

"I don't see a problem with it. Besides it's my job to take down Guilmaster Marco right?" He sternly reminded her.

"True, but Marco is going to do some geek game or what not and you can read up the rules anytime. Besides, this is for your own good." Dextra furthered her stand.
"Well I don't see why- huh?" Emmet started, then suddenly paused.

"Why what?" Dextra asked him, but he wasn't paying attention to her.

"Hey EMMET!" She yelled in his face. This spike in volume got his attention alright, and a bruise from hitting his head on the tree from being aghast of the sudden shout.

"Whoops, didn't mean to be so loud, but you were pretty out of it." Dextra weakly laughed as she helped her dazed brother up.

"Was somethin' on your mind?" She inquired him after establishing he was okay.

"Yeah, I guess the work outs were a bit tough, I guess I wasn't fully ready for all that." Emmet mentioned.

"I guess" Dextra concurred, "You probably should take a break. I'm going to keep working out here."

They both waved as Emmet went back inside the academy. He walked to their current room and he sat down on his assigned bed. He remained there thinking about what that was.

"What was that? I was so about ready to yell at her, but (pause) why did I back down? I-I started but then I felt well, like I felt whenever Mom used to scold me. But where did that come from? (Huhhh) I don't know, she is really pumped to get better, but I'm not really fired up to overdo this. Personally I would like to see more in that book. It really looked interesting. (sigh)" Emmet sat there for a while, pondering what interesting theories were in Marco's books. Suddenly he received a message via telepathy from the librarian.

"All first year teams please come to the meeting plaza."

Emmet got off and began heading towards the plaza. About halfway, he ran into Dextra.

"Hey Emmet" She greeted, "What do you think they want the new teams for?"

"I don't know, maybe it's an announcement for new teams?" he guessed.

The group of new teams gathered in the schools plaza awaiting an announcement. The two new they weren't the only newbies, but they were stunned by the many Mons gathered in the plaza. There was much bustling noise all around, till the figure of Marco appeared on the top of the stairs at the main entrance. He raised his hands and signaled for quite. Dextra, Emmet, and the rest diverted their attention to the Guild master.

"Ahem" The guilmaster began, "I'm glad you all are here, and I hope each and every team is doing well. I've asked for this assembly to announce a few grand events that will take place this year. But first, Vicky, roll." The librarian walked up, closed her eyes, and began roll telepathically. As she was busy, Emmet and Dextra began scoping the crowd. Suddenly Emmet and Dextra were grabbed by a mon from behind.

"I thought I recognized you two from before." The mon gleefully exclaimed as they recognized the Empoleon from before.

"Oh you? You're new here too?" Emmet asked trying to wiggle out from the hug of the mon's fin.

"Har yeah, I'm here with my buddies. We're team Huggers."

"Huh? Why huggers?" Dextra bluntly stated, perplexed by the lame name choice and trying to conceal a giggle.

"Oh I didn't choose it, but our leader did."

"And who is your leader?" Emmet followed up. The Empoleon pointed and they looked.

"So who is it? Are you sure your leader's are over there?" Dextra questioned, confused as to what who the leader was.

"Huh?" The empoleon muttured to himself, "She was there a second ago?"

"Do you think she could have gone into the crowd?" Emmet asked.

"No, this crowd is too-"

"Berrrrrrryyyy!" A Pachirisu with a pink ear ribbon yelled as it ran to the three.

"Huh? Candice? What's wrong?" The Empoleon responded as he lifted her onto his shoulder.

"She did it again!" Candice screamed as she hid behind his head, "She ate Gummi!"

"WHAAAAAT! I thought I told you to keep them from here unless we needed her to go crazy." Berry shocked in shock. As the two mon's stood their freaking out in front of them, Emmet and Dextra stood there completely puzzled.

"Is there problem?" Emmet attempted to get some light on the apparently dire situation.

"Pardon, but hold on a sec and I'll answer." Berry requested Emmet, lifted the Electric squirrel of his head, and held her in front of his face. "What color was it?" She whispered the answer to him. His face became overcome with terror as he softly said in fear, "Blue".

In a second, the Empoleon began running as best as he could from the crowd, along with the Pachirisu doing its best to hold onto Berry's head.

"What's wrong!" Emmet shouted to the running mons.

"Run if you're blue!" Was all he received as the Mon vanished into the crowd. The two remained at their spot wondering what he was talking about. Strangely they started hearing some noise growing louder as mon's began running past them. Emmet turned towards the direction of the ruckus, noticed something that made him nervous, and nudged Dextra with his elbow.

"Hey sis, is that the mon the Emp- uh Berry was talking about."

"(Turned to look) shouldn't we be more concerned with chaos that we're in the middle of." Then she saw it. A Bewear with the freaky kidlike smile. Her eyes were extremely bloodshot, and her blue tongue hung out of her open mouth.

"What the heck is that?" Dextra raised the question as the mon stared at the not running two, mainly at Emmet. Then Emmet remembered what Berry freaking out about something about their leader eating a blue gummi. Her tongue was blue. She was staring at him with freaky wide eyes. His heart dropped as he heard he shout, "BLLLLUUUUEEEE!!!!!!!!"

She rushed at the two like a maniac yelling, "Hug blue hug"

"I'm blue!" Emmet yelled as he began running after the crowd. Dextra just remained dumbfounded as the Female Bewear rushed past her and chased her brother all over the plaza.

"Huh? Guess you don't need my workout today." She giggled as Emmet did his best to avoid the mon's hugs.

"DO SOMETHING DEXTRA!" Emmet shouted as he tripped and landed on his face. He began scrambling and clawing (or at least trying to) on the ground as the Mon began dragging him by his legs saying, "Come let's hug." At this, Dextra lost it and fell over with laughter, as Emmet angrily yelled for her to stop helping herself to laughter and help him.

Marco just stood at the top of the stairs, completely shocked. His announcement, in a few seconds, had been completely abandoned, save for Dextra rolling in laughter, Emmet screaming and struggling against the Bewear's attempts at hugging, and the librarian with no expression on her face at all.

"Um, who is that?" Marco inquired from the librarian, who was still staring blankly in front without a single blink or twitch from her eyes.

"………Yes sir" she spoke with a simple voice and closed her eyes.

"(processes information) Maya Trisha Fremmina……Leader of Team Huggers……..species Bewear………checking medical information………Gummi's enhance her adrenalin and causes her to hug mons sharing the gummi's color." She returned to her regular staring self.

"Thank you, please get Coach Rein here. Tell him it's imperative that he gets here soon."

"Very well" she softly replied, and began contacting the Coach.

"Dear, and I was about to announce it. This will set us behind and there so much we have to do. (ugggghhhhh)" Marco's head dropped in disappointment as the scene still played before him.

And a new part begins. (that's to cheesy, SCREW IT!)
Alright so yes making progress I suppose, so I think it's time I do
something I've been wanting to do.
As I hope you all know, I have other works in progress and writers can get annoyed
By working on the same one (plus not always do I have *INSPIRATION* for said work).
So I'm going to fulfill what I said in December (barely made yo!) and ask all of you (Indirectly)
If you want a little snippet of another work and then if it's enjoyable, do that one here as well.
I await your advice on the poll chart/pie chart/bar chart (Whatever chart), and comments are still welcome.
PS: If the poll thing isn't up I apologize (haven't done this before but hey Adventure right!)

Last edited:

Vragon

Before delving in I ask that when you reach the spoiler box to scroll to the bottom and read the clarifications there. It isn't necessary per say, but merely a simple advisory.
Enjoy!

Chapter 15
Time for Goals

"Are we calmed down?" Rein firmly asked the three students. Dextra, still getting over her laughter, Emmet shaking from nearly getting cuddled to death, and Maya with a simple smile, finally over her madness.

"(sigh) welp, this announcement will have to wait. It's gonna take some time to round everyone else up. What do you want to do Marco?" Rein posed the question to the Guild master.

"Well, we have to avoid a similar (cough) incident (cough) from happening again. Vicky, please inform the students to reassemble since the um....issue has been resolved."

"Very well……..curious, I assumed from your current level of frustration and anxiety you would have picked a more meticulous description of the prior disturbance." Vicky observed.

In response Marco, with a twitching smile, commanded, "Vicky inform now." The emotionless cat merely nodded and proceeded to her task.

"As for you three I believe it would be wise to have you all not attend the announcement."

"But I didn't do anything." Emmet protested at this unfair motion, "All I did was be blue!"

"What's wrong bro (giggle)" Dextra teased, "Are you 'Blue' about missing the announcement? (Giggle)"

Emmet faced his sister and bluntly whispered, "You're dead to me."

"Sounds like someone needs a noogie." Dextra played around with an instigating smile.

"Come near my head, and you I will do worse to you than that (shiver) mon over there did to me." Emmet threatened.

"Does he not like hugs?" Maya asked the monferno.

"He just hates it when his head fin gets bent. It makes him feel like he looks mature." Dextra explained.

Emmet objected straightening his tie. "It does not! It's merely a physical part of my evolution from a mudkip and prior to my evolution to a Swampert adult! hmph."

"So…..it's for looking taller?" Maya guessed from cluelessness. Emmet blushed in angry red as Dextra concealed a laugh at this naïve but so true remark.

"As we were saying" Marco interrupted, "I can't have you three at the announcements, but I can tell you what they were about. (The three pay attention) With the start of this semester I have been notified that our guild will be hosting the time gear festival. But there is another announcement I wanted to ensure was known. Since you all are new I wouldn't expect you to have any knowledge on the Junior Exploration Team League?"

"Of course I and Emmet know about that." Dextra corrected, "We've dreamed of being good enough to beat and move into the Expedition Society."

"Yes" Marco continued, "But are you aware of the due process of participation?"

The three remained silent and awaited an explanation. Marco cleared his throat and began shine some light on the matter.

"Our continent Triacal is the home of the Expedition Society and it's high council. As you know, every two years, youth exploration teams get to compete in said league and gain the level of Master Rank. In order to compete, your team must have won at least five qualifier's tourneys."

"Huh? Qualifiers? So it's like." Dextra began.

"Think of it as proof of your abilities and permission to enter." Marco simplified it, "The Time Gear festival will be having the first of these along with a showcasing of ones in the near future."

"Really" Emmet cheerfully uttered, "but wait, don't we have to do our school first."

"Well that's the best part." Marco dramatically justified it, "The team that wins the Time Gear tourney will be given early leave to learn and hone their skills and participate in other tourneys on the continent of '*Winthrobax*'."

"No kidding." Dextra hopped in excitement, "So if I and Emmet win that we can get an early headstart. Awsome!"

"Don't get to cocky Dextra" Rein advised with a slight smile, "The festival isn't till Early Fall and many students will train hard to win it."

"You'll see teach." Dextra raised her fist in determination, "Me and Emmet will work hard to win it and eventually win the league."

"Well at least you have spunk." Rein chuckled from her outburst of energy, "But spunk only gets you so far kid. You're gonna have to do more than that."

"True, which is why me and Emmet have been training and will train twice as hard till the tourney." Dextra promised much to Emmet's dismay. Maya, who had been silent this whole time weighed her thoughts finally.

"Well, I and my team will train too. We'll be ready to fight you, um…sorry what was your name?" Dextra grinned and answered,

"I'm Dextra and this is my younger brother Emmet. We're Team Pulsar and we have no intention to lose to you or the rest of your team."

"Oh, speaking of Berry and Candice, I'd better find them and inform them about the festival." She got up and waved. Dextra waved back, while Emmet avoided eye contact. After Maya left Emmet asked Marco something as he and Rein began the process of re-announcing the news.

"Hey, real quick sir, I've been curious about those books in that place. You said they were your father's books, and um, I really have an interest in their topics. Limitless energy."

"Oh?" Marco winced a little surprised, "Well, I'm sorry but those books aren't exactly durable and I would rather them be kept preserved. I hope you understand." Emmet nodded and rejoined with Dextra.

Spoiler:

When night came over the school a glorious moon shone down along with its starry friends. The academy was slowly dimming as mon's were going to bed. The town was beginning its trip to slumber as well. Emmet and Dextra were asleep. Rein had also retired, while Vicky was in her subconscious meditation state. Marco was in his dimly lit office going over some papers. Among them, he noticed a letter he had received this morning.

"Oh it's from the commissioner. So these are the wanted Mons right nor." As he browsed the list, a sad feeling came over him. Many of the suspects looked young and despairing.

"It's sad. One of the reasons I opened this school was to keep kids out of a bad life. I know I can't reach them all, but (sigh) it hurts to see my limits. These mons (begins reading the list)

Bekia – species: Snorant – gender male - wanted for vandalizing
Ammia – species: Persian – gender female - wanted for poké theft
Robin – species: Noivern – gender male - wanted for food theft

(sigh) so many troubled youth. Oh (remembers something) that's right I had better find tomorrows schedule."

Marco began looking in his organized, but very full desk of notes, letters, papers, and documents. As he did this he uncovered an old letter. He looked away for a while then pulled it out.

"I suppose it won't hurt to see it again."

He opened it and began to read the old, dirty, finely written letter.

Dear Marco
I and the others have almost done it. Our work on the Arcane Science regarding the spectrum of infinitely renewable energy is almost ready for its first official test. I wish you could be here, but these experiments are very time consuming and I know you would be unhappy being here. But don't worry 'little flicker' once the test finishes me and Jakob will come home and we'll give you all are free time. That's a promise. I know you're anxious to see your old foxy dad, and your favorite 'non-uncle uncle', but I ask only that you wait a bit more.
I can't wait to see you my boy
Love Dad

Marco clenched the letter close to his chest and looked out the window. He could remember all that transpired the day they were due home. The day his world shattered. He then put the aged letter back in the drawer, opened another one of the desk's compartments, and resumed his search.

Okay clarifications.
#1 The *spoiler* is not for this story nor is it a real spoiler. It is merely information regarding the place in question and is related to something else I plan/doing/trying to do.
#2 This isn't a league rip off. This won't be like collecting gym badges nor is it like contests.

Now that that's out of the way
Real talk. I have decided (before ever joining this forum) to work on other works along this one and make a series. Now, I make it a goal to work on one in particular and start posts on it as I continue PMD#6.
I intend to do this with the three specific games in the spinoff series.

PMD #2 TDS

PMD #3 GTI

PMD #4 SMD

However, I must inform that these will NOT be complete knock offs.
I have given a lot of thought into plot for most of these and have
Come up with adventures thereafter the PARTIAL story.
Also, these won't be the only ones I shall do.
As I mentioned earlier (and this number in the series implies)
I intend to do others that aren't based off the spinoff games.
I currently have 7 in planned for the series, 3 in the overall plotting phase,
and a few others I can't confirm as 'will do's' but are nice goals.
I do understand the importance on working on 1 at a time,
so I don't intend to fully type all out at once.
I thank you all for the patience. I plan to release the first chapter of,

PMD #2 Gates to Infinity (Might change the title, but haven't thought of any suitable replacement)

when I at least get some headway in the writing down from the outline.
So no it probably won't be seen till a bit later.
Again, I appreciate the all of your patience with me and I hope I deliver good material
Thank You and I wish you all a Happy Valentines
(Hopefully not like mine. I get nervous Don't judge me!!!!!!)
But silly boys aside
PS: As I work on a work, I will change my profile avatar to match that of the main prot.

blue_magnagate_by_tailsdoll1993-d6j5onf.gif

Creator: http://cinderspark.deviantart.com/

Last edited:
Back