• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fixed-damage Attacks

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys, I just thought of a quick question while reading about Strong Jaw on Bulbapedia. It doesn't boost the damage of Super Fang. Of course, why would it? Super Fang doesn't have a Base Power.

That's what got me thinking: what if the game was changed so that you could boost the damage dealt by fixed-damage attacks? Like, if I used Life Orb Seismic Toss, it would deal 130 damage each time (assuming I'm at Lv. 100). If you used Specs Dragon Rage, it would deal 60 damage. Maybe Strong Jaw boosted Super Fang would deal 75% of the opponent's current health (actually that's pretty broken).

What kind of impact, if any, would this change have? This is just a fun question that I thought of - I just wanted to see what kind of cool stuff we could come up with.

Years
  • i think a very similar stance will be taken as they did with Kangaskan-mega (smogon) the moves will more than likely be banned from standard play as from mega-kangaskan getting 2hkoed from seismic toss was way too much for the tier to handle which from my understanding was the main reasons for its banishment to ubers. so i believe fixed damage moves getting damage increases from life orb will heavily break the game. on a side note if this were to happen the term Physical/special wall would no longer exist unless it is a ghost type or is immune to said fixed damage moves. the only real out to this i suppose would be to revenge kill or survive then kill but if rocks+ spikes are up. super fang from something like sharpedo-mega instantly faints the mon. So sharpedo-mega would likely be banned from OU as well. this is my thoughts on this if im missing anything let me know.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I realized that a bit ago i had forgotten to correct myself in that regard what i should have said was super fang then rocks + spikes assuming they switch or + aqua jet like you said.

Last edited:

ImLethe

Lethe
    Years
  • Yeah, I think a 75% super fang would be the equivalent of Z- Nature's Madness, just with worse accuracy.

Back