• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Pokemon FireRed Pokemon over FF not functioning in trainer battles

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    My guess is there is something that points to certain party data and tells the game that this party will read both bytes...

The only time it works for me is when I simply edit party data instead of creating new, if that makes sense.

When I try to make new party data, like add more Pokemon to a certain Trainer teams, then my trainer editor repoints the party data, and the game only reads the first byte of the Pkmn index and we get don't get the Pkmn we want as result.

Edit: I've now tried everything I possibly can. I look through the hex and compare between a Trainer that reads both bytes and one that doesn't, but they look identical... can't find a specific byte that would make the game read both bytes of the PKMN index. I also tried making both a trainerbattle 0x3 and trainerbattle 0x0 to see if that matters, but same result...

I'm so clueless on this.

Last edited:
    Back