• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating Thread

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Name: Cloverleaf Town
    Made in: RMXP
    Game: Pokemon Ruthenium

Link

It's the Starting Town in Ruthenium.
    It's not final, but I hope you like it.

Gigatom~

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • @ gigatom: it's a bit small, can you upload a larger image. It does look good however.

Here's the starting town from my game, Pokémon Fiesta. It's called Validay Town.
    validaytown.png

The building at the top left used to be a hotel, but the place didn't attract a lot of tourists, so now the owner let you ( the main character) and your mom rent a room there permanently.

Tiles by Kyledove

I don't have a good animated DP style water tile, so I used the gen III one.

Please rate and comment.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    @ gigatom: it's a bit small, can you upload a larger image. It does look good however.

Here's the starting town from my game, Pokémon Fiesta. It's called Validay Town.
    The building at the top left used to be a hotel, but the place didn't attract a lot of tourists, so now the owner let you ( the main character) and your mom rent a room there permanently.

Tiles by Kyledove

I don't have a good animated DP style water tile, so I used the gen III one.

Please rate and comment.

You have a tile error on the bottom right house. I also suggest you move the whole thing up one tile and put a tiny little bit of path up to it, something like the houses in littleroot.
    all the rocks and stuff everywhere makes it look a little cluttered. remove a few and put in some residents, i would look more natural.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • You have a tile error on the bottom right house. I also suggest you move the whole thing up one tile and put a tiny little bit of path up to it, something like the houses in littleroot.
    all the rocks and stuff everywhere makes it look a little cluttered. remove a few and put in some residents, i would look more natural.

Thanks, I didn't notice the tile error. There'll be a lot of residents on the streets of this town, well compared to the nintendo games, atleast.

Oh and btw, when you said "the whole thing" you did mean only the house, didn't you?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Thanks, I didn't notice the tile error. There'll be a lot of residents on the streets of this town, well compared to the nintendo games, atleast.

Oh and btw, when you said "the whole thing" you did mean only the house, didn't you?

yeah mate i did. sorry if it confused you.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Larcoon City, v7:
    larcoon_city_update_by_peekychew-d2yf0ek.png

Credits: PrinceLegendario, Alistair, WesleyFG, Kymotonian, Alucus, G.N.C and I for all pallets and some tiles.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Sawwy but those blue trees...
    They don't fit in to me...
    The map itself is kinda cool, though I'm sure at that point in the game the residents may want to be standing at the edge of that flooded area, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    Hey there, I've been mapping for years now, and I've always been lurking the forums. I come from serebiiforums initially, but I decided to give it a go here. Anyway, I've been recently getting back into mapping when I got my hands back on RMXP, so here are my two most current maps.

I forget who I have actually used these tiles from, so if anybody has an idea on who has ownership of the tiles, I'l be more than happy to give them credit. Please dont flame me for not creditting them.

If anybody is looking for a mapper for their project, chances are I'l be more than happy to help them out.

..anyway

The two attachments are knowns as Littlecreek Village and Spotted Path (which Im not entirely happy with; mainly the HGSS grass tiles.)

Please leave a post!

Attachments

• spottedpath.png
      spottedpath.png
      30.6 KB · Views: 54
    • littlecreekvillage.png
      littlecreekvillage.png
      48.6 KB · Views: 50
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    Well, here is the map of the first town and first route of my game
    2d15zj6.jpg
    Made in RMXP
    So, what do you think of it?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add credits
    Credits to: Spaceemotion, Epic Day, Pokemon Diamond, Alucus, Dewitty, Chae/cleystation, zetavares852, BoOmxBiG

If I am missing credits let me know xD

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Even though I've been mapping for years now, I've never done a cave map. So, here're the first two caves I've ever done.
    screencave1.png

screemcave2.png

This is supposed to be an entire system of caves, you can get to the cave in the second picture by the upper-most stairs in the first cave.

Help me improve my cave-mapping skills, please

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Even though I've been mapping for years now, I've never done a cave map. So, here're the first two caves I've ever done.
    screencave1.png

screemcave2.png

This is supposed to be an entire system of caves, you can get to the cave in the second picture by the upper-most stairs in the first cave.

Help me improve my cave-mapping skills, please

Well I'll readily admit that cave mapping is definitely more difficult than other mapping for the most part. Those cave maps however, are far too simplistic, they're not very cave-like, what with the rooms being really small with no real exploration involved. I would recommend looking at maps of Nintendo's caves for one way of doing things, though I actually prefer a more maze-like mapping style to Nintendo's.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments Yuaoman and Daedalus, My original plan was to have a large number of small caves with multiple entrances/exits(like Gaia rock in golden sun 2), but I guess it'd better if stick to the advise you gave me.

I think I'm going to leave the top map as it is, because that's the entrance of the cave.
    I'll post the maps once their done.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Well here's a concept map for you guys, it's a concept that iv made up for someone else's game that im helping on. Tiles are by me alistair, and a lot of Dews new ones, which are just god like lol

just_a_tile_test_by_alucus-d31a4a6.jpg

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    So here is the first town for the MMORPG Chibitos. What do you think needs changing? Don't talk about the shadows of the houses 'cause i really don't know how to give shadows so that one is an issue i'm aware of. Another one are the lightposts. Some people say that it doesn't look bad and others say that it does look bad. What do you think? (And yes i love the 3rd Gen Tiles).

P.S: Don't mind that sprite appearing everywere. It was the only way i could take the pic of the map.

The map isn't really done there are messing some cars to the top of the map. But i don't really have the tiles for that yet. And the beach will have more things and so will the water.

Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • pudleakcave.png

Alright, here's the next cave map I made, comments please?
    It's called Pudleak Cave, large parts of the floor are covered in shallow water. As a result, many water pokemon make their home here.

@trinity_pt: I like the city part of the map, but you overdid it with the streetlights and you should place the flowers in a checkerboard style.
    The top part is just too bland, make sure there's some grass next to the trees where the player can walk on, add more detail to the beach and try to make the rock formation at center look a little more natural. It looks too square right now

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the cursor XD

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • This map is a major improvement over your last ones. I really like this one, especially how you've combined the 'leaking wall water' with the puddle, that's a really nice touch.
    I think that you've made this map too linear, though. The ledges restrict the player to a single path with not very many detours. Generally you'd want to remove a few of those, as one of the factors of caves is to let the player explore and figure out the path to go. Other then that, this is a really nice map. Good job!
    Thank you, I really appreciate the things you've said.
    I already edited the map by removing 4 different ledges, glad you didn't see that version.

Which of the ledges should be removed according to you?
    BTW, the goal is to get from the stairs to the giant spire-thing down the steps in lower-left area of the map. I don't want to remove the lowermost ledge in the center, it makes you reach your goal way too fast.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • So... Here's my re-do of one of the earlier towns in Cobalt Black. o.o
    Tell me what you think! ^_^
    Oh, and credit to Help-14 for his handy, dandy Map Maker tool.
    Anyway, Tyrian Town is above a tunnel that leads to Cordovan City. The two places are representative of fire and ice. Tyrian is right above heated spots in the tunnel and is warmer, but the climate dramatically drops as you go north. o.o
    Old Version:
    Spoiler:

New Version:
    Spoiler:

Credit to Kyledove, Veget@ (water autotile), and zetavares852 for tiles

Back