• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Project Pokemon Emerald

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Hello beauties, I'm working on a little something something here. Before I start talking I will be in the future making this post all nice and stuff.

I have no real names so I am calling them Project Pokemon Emerald and Project Pokemon Fire Red. Now what are these you ask and why two projects instead of focusing on one?
Well PPE is my main priority and after I finish I'll move on to PPF. Now my goal here and its a long shot and going to take some time is to bring what Red ++ and Polished Crystal brought to Gen 1 and 2. Most of the projects aimed at bringing something similar are outdated. Not saying there any good ones avaiable now. I love Gen 3 and I love Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire as I spent much much more time on it then I did my Pokemon Yellow and Crystal.

Who am I? I've been a long time lerker and occasional poster on my older account. I've been browsing these forums for close to 8 years now. I stumbled accross the forums by trying to find if there was a yellow remake happening or something to that effect and stumbled accross shiny gold. And the rest is history. I'm 24 years old, majoring in computer science, run my little online business and work a side job for the benefits. I've been doing programming related stuff since I was about 14 years old, I use to be heavy into web developing and wow emulation/developing. I was working on my own rom hack a few years ago but I never took it anywhere. So I am very familar with coding/programming.
Now lets go over whats done.

Completed
Spoiler:

Semi Completed
Spoiler:

Planned Features/Not Completed

Spoiler:

Issues so far
Code:
LLCoolJJ 650 patch broken the game with Both ChaCha Engines installed and LePugs decap patch. Crashes on zizgazoon fight. Will worry about extra mons in the future.
MrDollSteak Sprite upgrade made my rom not boot anymore so reverted back.

Now the first release will be out once I add all the mons in the wild. The difference then between stock EM and and my rom would be. All mons can be caught, all enemies are as smart as E4 members, and the new engines in place.
The second release will be after I have increased all the levels of wild mons and trainers.
Third release will be the smarter competitive AI done.

Screeshots WIP, I don't have much.
Spoiler:

Pokemon Encounter List
Spoiler:

Downloads!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Working on routes now, this is something that I'm really doing for my. Enjoyment here and just want to share what I'm doing so I do understand not everyone may share the same thought set.

I've done route 101 to 103 and the woods so far. Im making it so all starters can be found relatively earlier on in the game you could have them all before the second gym.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Looking forward to this

So am I!

Doing routes as you would progress the games so everything from the start up to route 117 and between that has been completed. I can't wait to finish these and the trainer levels and do a test run my self.
Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke all evolve when they hit level 38.
Scyther evolves with a sun stone, Onix with a moon stone.
Release one will be after all pokemon are added to the wild so then at least you can get all mons, semi smartened AI and having some new engines in place and adds more replay ability to the stock game

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Doing more routes today and now National Dex Given in beginning, speak to guy walking around next to the Pokemon Lab, or click on the sign outside the lab. These are just place holders till I can find a more efficient way of starting with that.
3AWe1oe.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Okay done for the day everything after route 113 to route 132 was completed and yes thats everything between that. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
All encounters finished and now working on legendary encounters. Due to my lack of knowing how to inserting ow sprites majority are of the legends ow are going to be pokeball sprite place holders. All legend encounters are place over because I want to make them more epic but don't have the ability to do so right now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Looks good so far.

Do take a page from some of Drayano's works. Don't make the HMs useless/mandatory, have methods of grinding that are carefully tuned, and consistent level creeping.

I recently played through emerald and even with the Super Rod/surfing I was running into random level 5s like crazy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Looks good so far.

Do take a page from some of Drayano's works. Don't make the HMs useless/mandatory, have methods of grinding that are carefully tuned, and consistent level creeping.

I recently played through emerald and even with the Super Rod/surfing I was running into random level 5s like crazy.

I'm going to do a few things or vote later on useless HM will be buffed, or there use will be removed or just deletable HM. And leveling is something I want to be just right I've played to many ROM hacks were grinding is such a drag because you'll be level 20 grinding level 10s.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
finishing up Legendary encounters, just basic wild battle scripts till I get more experienced because I do have some cool things I want to do with them especially mewtwo encounter.

Will update OP with legendary encounters and normal mon encounters. Majority of pokemon should be obtained, if not all. I may have missed one or two but I shouldn't have. I will go through it myself and add whatever missing mons there are but for the most part just about everything to my knowledge is there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Here patch 1, version 0.5

All documents are inside, features of this version. Whats missing from version 1 is the increased pokemon stats, competitive playing AI and all trainers modified pokemon.

Documents are the features of this release, planned features, locations and pictures of legendary pokemon locations.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/daar8dwd7jbkl06/Pokemon Project Emerald.rar

Hope you guys enjoy version 0.5 :) I'm probably gonna give it a whirl myself.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Hey, great work so far!

I'm just stopping by to say if you were to touch up on the Battle Frontier (updated teams/rewards for later gen mechanics like PSS split, movesets, new abilities, etc) this would become my favorite Emerald hack hands down.

Thank you for your work!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Hey, great work so far!

I'm just stopping by to say if you were to touch up on the Battle Frontier (updated teams/rewards for later gen mechanics like PSS split, movesets, new abilities, etc) this would become my favorite Emerald hack hands down.

Thank you for your work!

I will most definitely be touching up the battle frontier after I finish the competitive AI, pokemon stats and trainer pokemon and their levels :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Hey dude! i was using your rom as a base and you were saying how you cant use the 64x64 sprites, well...

View attachment 84560

If you want to make an update with it, heres the correct way to do it!
(Also the continue sprite is messed up as you can see.)
============================================
Mistake!!!​
============================================​
I found out i dosent work because your rom space is low. so i widened the space. (I couldnt make a patch since the rom had too much space.​

Thank you very much, Ill apply that.

Hey everyone little update I am still here I didn't quit the project, I made something playable so I can play a more completed version imo in my yearly run through off all pokemon games starting from Red. I will be getting back to continue on my plan for this hack.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
It was a dream for me that someone would go and do ++ version of Emerald. Please keep working on it. Try to check what other hacks/upgrades of Emerald are missing and then add something of your own like that bit of you modifying the teams and further improving the AI of the Battle Frontier is fantastic.

It looks promising, a lot. Maybe a good banner and some screenshots would do the work for a great presentation. I would recommend you check Pokemon Gaia for guidance, since quality wise is the freaking best hack here. Its officially much better that any game on the 3rd Gen to be honest. Nobody has coded any game better here. Period. That thing looks like an official game.

Also, I noticed that you are not adding anything that is not in the meta-game already. There is nothing I dislike more than a hack that modifies any attack (unless it is based on official Pokemon rules of the newer generations) like making cut into grass type, or inventing new types. The franchise is what it is today because of these set rules. And NO FAKEMON! Gosh, I hate those.

This is not my hack of course so it is always up to you what to do with it but most people only play hacks that contain official rules. So good luck and hope your hack one day becomes Spolight!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Hello, thank you so much for this hack, it's my most favourite! I've played this some time ago and now I'm going to play it again. Thanks again, keep working on this :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
Check your PMs.

Thanks YoY, going to take a look at everything.

Hello, thank you so much for this hack, it's my most favourite! I've played this some time ago and now I'm going to play it again. Thanks again, keep working on this :)

Awesome feedback, glad to hear. Was going for something that could give Emerald a bit more life for another play through.

It was a dream for me that someone would go and do ++ version of Emerald. Please keep working on it. Try to check what other hacks/upgrades of Emerald are missing and then add something of your own like that bit of you modifying the teams and further improving the AI of the Battle Frontier is fantastic.

It looks promising, a lot. Maybe a good banner and some screenshots would do the work for a great presentation. I would recommend you check Pokemon Gaia for guidance, since quality wise is the freaking best hack here. Its officially much better that any game on the 3rd Gen to be honest. Nobody has coded any game better here. Period. That thing looks like an official game.

Also, I noticed that you are not adding anything that is not in the meta-game already. There is nothing I dislike more than a hack that modifies any attack (unless it is based on official Pokemon rules of the newer generations) like making cut into grass type, or inventing new types. The franchise is what it is today because of these set rules. And NO FAKEMON! Gosh, I hate those.

This is not my hack of course so it is always up to you what to do with it but most people only play hacks that contain official rules. So good luck and hope your hack one day becomes Spolight!

Thanks for all the feedback man, and yes that's my goal. Pokemon Red++ has set the bar and polished crystal as well have set a bar for me personally. And I feel every Generation needs one of those. As for Gen 3 its a bit more work because you have ORAS/E and FR/LG. I am going to take a look at various hacks, take the time to learn more and dwell myself and bring this vision I have come to life.

If I were to do moves it would just be a update to moves, as for updating if I want go with something that alters heavily from vanilla then I would throw that in the custom version.

Update - Hello everyone I am here, still here. I haven't put down the hack I just haven't much time to get working on it. I currently work full time, training (bodybuilding) to compete on stage, also run a side business of making cosplay costumes. And have to maintain my personal life as well lol and cant neglect my girl :P

Going to be picking this back up and getting right back into it. :)

Back