• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] [Emerald] Looking for the script giving HM 07 Waterfall in Sootpolis and offsets of pointers for usage of Dive and Waterfall tiles

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
  • Hello! I'm still looking by myself currently but I'm posting a thread to accelerate my research!

I know the offset of the pointer for surf tiles is 0x9C820 if it can help!

Thanks for your answer!

McPaul

Years
  • Well I'm still testing things but it's leading to explosions!

EDIT: I found by myself for the Dive and Waterfall tiles! I just had to change the offsets into pointer and search for them in my hex editor and then modify them! Damn I can be so stupid sometimes! I felt like a genius when i found the solution! But I still can't find the script giving the HM07...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Open AdvanceMap -> Go to map 0.7 (Sootopolis City) -> Go to the events tab -> Click on the overworld sprite of Wallace standing in front of the cave -> Open his script in XSE.

McPaul

Years
  • I know how to do this of course. If you look at my thread of what I did in the binary resource thread you will know.
    I think you're mistaking about my abilities even if I'm far from being the best and I don't know shit about decomp.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=441569

I looked at all the level scripts and the Wallace person event and there is no mention of the script I'm looking for.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    This is taken directly from Wallace's Person event script in Emerald:
    Spoiler:

Not going to judge, just reporting it.

McPaul

Years
  • Wow! Thanks a lot!

So that makes me reflect a lot! When I open his script I only get the part where he talks about Origin Cave.

Is there a way I don't know to navigate between different scripts if the same character?

Oh I just understood now! I navigated to person event No 17! I feel stupid right now!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Well I'm still testing things but it's leading to explosions!

EDIT: I found by myself for the Dive and Waterfall tiles! I just had to change the offsets into pointer and search for them in my hex editor and then modify them! Damn I can be so stupid sometimes! I felt like a genius when i found the solution! But I still can't find the script giving the HM07...

Would you mind sharing the offsets for the Dive and Waterfall scripts?

Edit: never mind. The offsets used for SURF, DIVE and WATERFALL are 271EA0, 290B0F and 290A49 respectively.

Last edited:
    Back