• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't have a massive opinion on the snowflake pokemon either, but I'm happy enough to have it along for the ride.

Maggyo get's far too much stick, I bet everyone just secretly loves to hate it. I think it's quirky.With it's little giggle face. :3 Plus it's cry is awesome.

The ice cream line is cool too, although the middle one reminds me of Dragon Quest slimes.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I think the feature that really makes Maggyo so hated is that it has a.... beak! With such a flat body the beak really makes it look weird. But yeah I love to hate it XD

inomoo221

Lv. 70 Pidgey
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    Mmm, okay, my faves are as follows:
    Lepardas (i wanna pet it... with my hand)
    Mamepato/Pidove (well it's cute and the ev's are awesome)
    Koromori (it's design surprised me, i must say, it's quite original)
    Kurumiru (it's awesomely drawn)
    Doredia (i.. i just want one)
    Meguroko/Sandile (no explanation needed here)
    Zuruggu (it's silly looking i like it)
    Rankurusu (again, quite original)
    Emonga (you know he's gonna be cute in the anime if nothing else)
    Shibirudon (i liked it ever since i saw a pic someone made of it, i think on deviantart)
    Kibago (cute... after evolution: badass)
    Barujiina (a vulture pokemon? i'm there)
    Kuitaran (like a more badass magmar)
    Sazandora (well... i mean come on.... 3 headed dragon?)
    Ulgamoth (i very much want one. very much.)
    My favorite legendary is Kyurem.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • i think the new generation is completely screwed up. pokemon used to look good but now nintendo have clearly run out of ideas for pokemon ,for example the pokemon gear,its a gear -.-, where is the imagination??? and that rubbish bin pokemon:yabukuron.............its a bin.....filled with rubbish.....with eyes.
    Heck Klink is a lot better than most pokemon we have had. a poke ball with eyes is very stupid. And the Pokemon still look great at least to me they do. If they were running out of ideas then they would stop making new generations and just keep making remakes over and over.

Opticgoo

Ignorance is my best friend.
    Years
  • What? Magikarp has many fans too!

But Maggyo looks ugly, unlike Magikarp. ._.
    I mean... that flattened face and those eyes... just look so dumb.

I hope I don't get shot for this.
    LMAO, I'm hoping I'm right because when that Magikarp was released, I would have been very young, but I think people would've hated Magikarp back then too, until they found out what it evolved into o-o

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    LMAO, I'm hoping I'm right because when that Magikarp was released, I would have been very young, but I think people would've hated Magikarp back then too, until they found out what it evolved into o-o

I don't remember anyone hating Magikarp back in the day for it's design. Sure it sucked it battle and that's one thing Maggyo has over Magicrap, but Maggyo's design is pure failure. I'd put it at the top with the Garbage bag brothers. -_-

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, I see them as representing the trashy part of a suburban area, which is what I guess Unova represents as a whole, so I don't really see them as fillers.

The genies, however, seem a lot like fillers, to raise their legendary ratio.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Well, I see them as representing the trashy part of a suburban area, which is what I guess Unova represents as a whole, so I don't really see them as fillers.

That's what I thought too. Or a statement about the pollution in America Unova. ¬.¬

Yea...I don't get their role in this whole thing, but I'm not all that annoyed about their presence in the games or their appearance.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • I would have to say that this gen is a lot better than the previous one... I have been playing since blue/red was released and would have to say that 1st gen/2nd gen were the best, followed by a tie between 3rd/5th and 4th in dead last.

Pokemon that I truly like from this series would have to be:

Jalorda line, Daikenki line, Gigalith line, waruvial line, abagoura line, rankurusu line, burungeru line, denchura, ononokusu line, goruugu line, plus a few others here and there.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Hate: Grass and Fire starter lines, Miruhog, Pidove line, Doryuuzu, Darumakka and Darmanitan, Zuruggu and evo, Shinpora, Desumasu and evo, Zorua and Zoroark, Swanna, Vanipeti line, Shubarugo, Klink line, Furijiio, Agirudaa, Ulgamoth, Zekrom, Genosekuto
    Love: Oshawoot, Otamaro line, Chruine and Doredia, Sandile, Ishizumai and evo, Yabakuron, Chillacino, Yuniran line, Shikijika, Emonga, Bachuru, Shibibiiru, Gobitto and evo, Sazandora,

Opticgoo

Ignorance is my best friend.
    Years
  • Well, I see them as representing the trashy part of a suburban area, which is what I guess Unova represents as a whole, so I don't really see them as fillers.

My theory from the start has been that the genies will be very heavily focused in the third game.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I don't think there has been a discussion about Marakacchi before.
    556.gif

When I first saw it I didn't really care for it. It was kind of meh. Nothing too exciting about it, but now I actually prefer it over the previous cacti: Cacnea & Cacturne. Marakacchi's design seems more whimsical to me.​

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I don't think there has been a discussion about Marakacchi before.
    556.gif

When I first saw it I didn't really care for it. It was kind of meh. Nothing too exciting about it, but now I actually prefer it over the previous cacti: Cacnea & Cacturne. Marakacchi's design seems more whimsical to me.​

There has been about three or so discussions about it lol.

I have always liked it but as was said before it is one of the weakest additions to 5th gen. everything about it lets it down. Its speed and defensive stats make it impossible to use in competitive battling and it would probably be pretty useless in game. It is the new Sunflora of this gen in terms of stats. But it does look funky so I like it

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

There has been about three or so discussions about it lol.

I have always liked it but as was said before it is one of the weakest additions to 5th gen. everything about it lets it down. Its speed and defensive stats make it impossible to use in competitive battling and it would probably be pretty useless in game. It is the new Sunflora of this gen in terms of stats. But it does look funky so I like it

I tried searching and couldn't find anything. -_-
    In terms of battle, yes it does suck. Apparently it's only use is in Sunny Day teams, but design wise it's not all that bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back