• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Help with completing team?

Years
  • I'm trying to use Pokemon that I haven't used much, if at all, in my next Pokemon Platinum playthrough. That said, I don't know what the last member of my team could be. This is what I've thought up for now:

Empoleon
    Cherrim
    Vespiquen
    Porygon-Z
    Houndoom

Trade is always available, and I don't care about a Pokemon having the same type as one in my list or a Pokemon being weak competitively.

Any ideas, guys?

Years
  • I noticed your team is mostly special-based, so I suggest a physical-based Pokemon to balance that out. Garchomp would make a nice choice, possessing two powerful types in both Dragon and Ground, on top of great stats across the board.

I know you already have two Pokemon weak to Ice, but then again you do have a Fire-type to already cover that weakness. Gible can be caught in that secret area of Wayward Cave but be warned they can be difficult to catch.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 7, 2017
    Bronzong would be a great Pokémon to counter your 3x weakness to fighting, or a gallade.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • your team seems fairly balanced (though personally i'd use Roserade over cherrim) however as said it seems to be quite special based you also have 2 electric weaknesses and 3 fighting weaknesses (though that could be fixed with roserade) as such i would reccomend Electivire

strong physical Attack which is what your team needs, can learn Ice Punch by a move tutor for the simple cost of a little underground shard hunting which covers its own ground weakness, and is straight up Immune to electric with its Motor Drive ability

Back