• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(pokeemerald) How to add items in the game

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I want to use the dexnav that ghoulslash made by giving it to the player right after they receive the pokedex. I tried using porymap and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I want to use the dexnav that ghoulslash made by giving it to the player right after they receive the pokedex. I tried using porymap and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated.
    PoryMap is a map editor. It doesn't let you modify anything that is not directly related to maps or the game's region map.

If you want to add entirely new items to the game.
    1) Define the item include/constants/items.h
    2) Add its data in src/data/items.h
    3) Add its description in src/data/text/item_descriptions.h

And there's some extra steps if you want to give it a sprite.
    1) Add its sprite in graphics/items/icons
    2) Export its palette in JASC .pal format using an image editing software like Graphics Gale, and drop it in graphics/items/icon_palettes
    3) Define the sprite in include/graphics.h
    4) Define the path to the sprite and its palette in src/data/graphics/items.h

And lastly, link the sprite and palette to the item that you added in the table located at src/data/item_icon_table.h.

You'll have to do some extra steps to make it enable or disable Ghoulslash's DexNav InGame or whatever though, like writing a fieldUseFunc for your item and have it enable or disable the feature somehow.

Back