• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Years
Hmm... Alakazam17, don't know if I can participate now. I might have something going on August 10th. I also started a new game because I was bored, but I still have 2 members of my team, so there's a chance I can still participate but I can't guarantee it.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Alakazam17 said:
Both of you would continue, Ichida.

Oh, right, I forgot this isn't a straight bracket tourney, we just get randomly paired up among whoever is left each round. Okay, yeah, that's good. :D

Paranoia said:
Alakazam17. Allow pokemon with base stats 600 or less, aka Manaphy, She is one of my beasts, I wanted to use her, So, reconsider, just make sure there are no OHKO moves or DT.

The reason I find it pointless to ban the trio's aswell is, they are easily countered by OU pokemon.

You couild at least ask instead of demanding it like that. The rules state no legendaries, uber or not. And if the trios are so easily defeated, there's no need for anyone to use them either.

I've never understood why there's a rule against Double Team. Two words, people: AERIAL ACE. There are lots of other moves that do the same thing, like Swift, Faint Attack, etc etc.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Oh, right, I forgot this isn't a straight bracket tourney, we just get randomly paired up among whoever is left each round. Okay, yeah, that's good. :D

You could at least ask instead of demanding it like that. The rules state no legendaries, uber or not. And if the trios are so easily defeated, there's no need for anyone to use them either.

I've never understood why there's a rule against Double Team. Two words, people: AERIAL ACE. There are lots of other moves that do the same thing, like Swift, Faint Attack, etc etc.

Omg, I apologise for my rudeness Alakazam17, Thanks for pointing it out Ichida, I always usually say please, Well I am sorry, and was in no way demanding you to do it, it was more of a suggestion (Well it was a suggestion quite frankly).

But thats what I am saying, TTar is also easily defeated (And if anyone thinks this is wrong, it's because you don't play like me), and the birds are hindered by Stealth rock, I mean 50% hp gone!, that's why they are easy, also one stone edge destroys each bird. Like aragornbird said in another post, not much people play competitively here, that;s why your all afraid of legends.

Yeah, most people don't like those moves, I liked aerial ace because I was under the impression it always went first, but then Hera owned me so I was like, that was bs. And DT is cheap, I tested it with my brother, My ninjask passed it to my charizard, and he was able to swords dance 3 times then sweep (As he got the speed aswell)

Ichida

Years
Personally, I don't care who anyone uses, legendary or not. The reason I play without the use of any legendaries is because in official tournaments, the same rules apply, and I want to fine-tune my skills under those rules so I can dominate when I manage to find my way to a real tournament. I KNOW I can defeat legendaries because I swept an entire team of shiny hacked legendaries, the most obvious of which would be a Regigigas without Slow Start that spammed Sacred Fire on me. Took two Pokemon to bring that sucker down.

Paranoia

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Personally, I don't care who anyone uses, legendary or not. The reason I play without the use of any legendaries is because in official tournaments, the same rules apply, and I want to fine-tune my skills under those rules so I can dominate when I manage to find my way to a real tournament. I KNOW I can defeat legendaries because I swept an entire team of shiny hacked legendaries, the most obvious of which would be a Regigigas without Slow Start that spammed Sacred Fire on me. Took two Pokemon to bring that sucker down.

Well, Want to battle my full legend team, Right when you loose I'll turn off so it doesn't hinder your score, But I'll let you win if your winning

Talk about a lame way to battle...

The only uber I'm afraid of is mewtwo. Godly speed and sp. attack

Palkia is better, funnily enough. (imho) Well threat wise. (Not stat wise) Still he is close

Ichida

Years
lol, I'm done battling for tonight, but ring me up any day after 6PM EST, and I'll oblige, if I'm able.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hmm...I looked over the last few posts, and was wondering what could be done. How do you feel about mentioning to your opponent if you want to use legends or not? If neither mind, then go ahead. If one or both do not want them allowed, then keep them from the battle.

It should work out fine, as players' battling abilities will still show through.

However, I'll keep it the way it is for now. In the meantime, I'll wait for some input on this.

and to Lemonade: You don't need to battle on the 10th. There will be a two week window for results to come in. The second round starts after this window, or once all results are in. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:

Ichida

Years
I'm not up to training up a whole team of legendaries on such short notice. Besides, I have more faith in my non-legend team.

Paranoia

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I'm not up to training up a whole team of legendaries on such short notice. Besides, I have more faith in my non-legend team.

lol, idk for sure, My legend team owns so much I won't use it because it would be unfair.

Anyway Alakazam, What I meant was pokemon with 600 base stats or less shouldn't be banned, pokemon with greater stats should, such as cressilia, fantastic wall, and great at what she does, so yeah, I will make sure I always ask first though.

Years
and to Lemonade: You don't need to battle on the 10th. There will be a two week window for results to come in. The second round starts after this window, or once all results are in. Whichever comes first.

I actually think I'd be able to do the tournament since I got my game about June 6th, and it's July 14th, I already started my new game and before when I had my old game I beat it in a month, and had EV trained pokes. So, I think I can, I've already got a team planned for the future too.

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
Can you explain the purpose of your post? Because it doesnt seem to serve a purpose here =\

Ichida

Years
This is to sign up for the Wi-Fi Diamond and Pearl tournament. If you don't have a full, legitimate team of non-legendary Pokemon, you shouldn't be posting here.

Ichida

Years
Again, if you have a legit, non-legend team, and you are able to connect to Wi-Fi, you're free to sign up for this online tournament. Are you?

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
I'll sign up, all of my pokemon are non-legendary and I'm willing to battle.

Back