• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Side stairs?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Hello, I've been looking around after seeing other RPGMaker fan games (such as Solar Light Lunar Dark) use side stairs in their games and am wondering where I could find the event code for them. I have tried utilizing the information available on the Essentials wiki but that event code is only good for side stairs that span over a single tile. That code also does not let the player stop in the middle of the stairs, they are forced to the top/bottom due to the nature of the event. I know having an event for side stairs without forcing the player to the top/bottom is possible (ie Solar Light Lunar Dark).

I have tiles that are the same as Black and White's longer side stairs (3-4 tiles) and would love to make use of them if anyone knows where I can find the event scripts. Thank you!

Edit: Problem solved after trying Marty152's stairs without events tutorial thanks to Vendily suggesting it. Thank you

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Searching for site:pokecommunity.com sideways stairs gives me https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398998 as the first result.

The site: modifier is nice because it lets you narrow down what you are looking for. (Though google probably learned that I only really search for game dev/rom hacking stuff so you might have to add a few more keywords.)

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Had a problem with this script from Marty152's the first time I tried it but I went back and tried it again only to realize it does work for my version of essentials. Thank you!

Back