• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human trafficking

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I went in to one once for a wholly unrelated issue than a massage (I wanted to talk about the back alley behind the shop) and the lady there barely spoke English and started getting feely which really startled me so I left.

Then I googled it and found out 100% of the Asian ones are prostitution fronts. Some do use human trafficking too.

The only legitimate massage places are not associated with anything Asian. They usually call themselves spas or anything but "massage parlor".

If they're Asian and in a run down place, bet money they're shady.

It sucks that you had to experience that, that sounds really unsettling.

I'm wary to agree with the 100% figure unless you're going to source it to something, but just a quick search definitely showed me that it's a big problem. Public awareness seems to be the biggest issue with preventing these in America. I'm surprised the media aren't reporting on it a lot more, but then again, a lot of the articles I read were from two/three years ago. I wonder how many steps are being taken to prevent these from continuing to operate.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 11, 2018
"Be prepared to support arguments with sources: This applies more to debate threads than the other threads, however if you claim something as fact you should always be ready to support your statement with relevant sources. It's even better if you support yourself with sources to begin with."

These are the rules here.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
It sucks that you had to experience that, that sounds really unsettling.

I'm wary to agree with the 100% figure unless you're going to source it to something, but just a quick search definitely showed me that it's a big problem. Public awareness seems to be the biggest issue with preventing these in America. I'm surprised the media aren't reporting on it a lot more, but then again, a lot of the articles I read were from two/three years ago. I wonder how many steps are being taken to prevent these from continuing to operate.

I wouldn't say 100% but they are pretty easy to find in a typical city. Mildly run down massage parlors with neon signs open at night are among the most obvious. Despite their infamy, busting shady massage parlors can be tricky for law enforcement since some of them can easily pass off as legal massage parlors if they keep their off menu services a secret and seasoned owners are cautious around new customers.

Back