• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Nintendo stock is potentially being reduced due to corona virus.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • this is from a news site read below

The coronavirus has hit supplies of Nintendo's Switch console to its home market in Japan.

the games giant's chief executive, Shuntaro Furukawa, said last week that production in China of the device had been affected by the epidemic.

But delays in shipments from China to Japan were now "unavoidable" Nintendo said on Friday. It was unclear if other markets would be disrupted.

what's everyones opinions on this topic of discussion?

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • I'm not surprised to be honest with you. The Coronavirus has influenced and affected a few markets already, and more surprisingly it's also trickled into the Mortgage Rates in our country and Oil Prices.

While it is far from making the market crash, it will certainly poise some intrigue down the road.

pkmin3033

There's an article about this here, if anyone was interested...unless I'm going blind (entirely possible since it's 6am) there wasn't a link included ^^;

Depending on how things go, I doubt that we'll be seeing the next generation in 2020 either - maybe a slight delay to early 2021. Since the coronavirus is now more deadly than Sars was and parts of China have been completely locked down, it's bound to affect the video game industry. I doubt it'll put a huge dent in profit, but I suspect we'll see some earnings revisions and share price drops before all this is over.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • yeah thank frickin god i'm in canada and that we'll probably still get nintendo switch, ps4, xbox one consoles in Canada. i'm personally not scared of the coronavirus, but it's scaring me for the future of videogames. i also really want to play BOTW2 eventually. it's unlikely to me now that leaks of a 2020 release where true now due to this virus.

Back