• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that Need Sequels

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
If Square Enix doesn't give me the sequel to The World Ends With You that they've been teasing by the end of this decade I'm going to riot. Especially after the cliffhanger story from Final Remix.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
If Square Enix doesn't give me the sequel to The World Ends With You that they've been teasing by the end of this decade I'm going to riot. Especially after the cliffhanger story from Final Remix.

Get your riot gear ready then because from what others have told me on a few of the Discord servers I'm on Final Remix didn't sell well enough and Nomura was apparently hoping it would which is why the teaser was put in. It didn't. So... we're not getting a sequel. Ever.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Get your riot gear ready then because from what others have told me on a few of the Discord servers I'm on Final Remix didn't sell well enough and Nomura was apparently hoping it would which is why the teaser was put in. It didn't. So... we're not getting a sequel. Ever.
I mean, they said it needed to sell well, but then didn't promote the game at ALL (basically all the promotion in the west was done by Nintendo, not Square Enix) and barely printed copies of it for first run. So they doomed it from the start if that was truly what determined a sequel or not.

That said, it ALMOST feels like they might be merging the series into Kingdom Hearts or something like that.
Spoiler:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I mean, they said it needed to sell well, but then didn't promote the game at ALL (basically all the promotion in the west was done by Nintendo, not Square Enix) and barely printed copies of it for first run. So they doomed it from the start if that was truly what determined a sequel or not.

That said, it ALMOST feels like they might be merging the series into Kingdom Hearts or something like that.
Spoiler:

Square Enix at it's finest. 😒

I haven't played base KH3 yet so I didn't read that

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
don't know if this has been said but defiently the legend of dragoon. i personally haven't played it but i've heard many good things about it. i'm actually surprised they haven't made a sequel yet.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
don't know if this has been said but defiently the legend of dragoon. i personally haven't played it but i've heard many good things about it. i'm actually surprised they haven't made a sequel yet.

There have been rumors of a remaster possibly coming and if it does well enough then we'll see.

However the same was said for TWEWY. Look where that went. 😑

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
Years
The World Ends With You 2. Final Remix flat out teased it. However, it's clearly never being made. Ever. 😒

Final Fantasy X-3. Say whatever the hell you want. I want this. Bonus Audio flat out teased it and there's A LOT of interesting things they could do with it. Further connections to Final Fantasy 7 being the most obvious due to the connection at the end of X-2. Along those lines... I'd say they could do things like a 'Jenova Prototype,' Spira versions of the 'Weapons' (not the fiend versions from X & X-2), and even possibly a Red XIII ancestor. They can call it 'Red I' or just 'Red' for short I guess. It could maybe be a fiend that gains sentience or something that 'adapts' and/or 'mutates' to look similar to Red XIII from FF7.

A new .hack game. This series is SO MUCH BETTER than SAO it's not even close. Bandai are unwilling a-holes.

A new Klonoa game. This series also needs to make a comeback. No one else here will even know what it is except me and that makes me sad. A trademark was made for a possible Crash/Spyro-esque remake for the game so maybe that can be the start of it. That's my hope anyway. Again Bandai are unwilling a-holes.

Speaking of which...

Crash Bandicoot (original-esque games). It did well enough and there are rumors a new game is coming so this may actually happen. Though I also wouldn't mind N. Sane-esque remakes of Wrath of Cortex & Twinsanity

Spyro the Dragon (original-esque games). Same as above but I don't know if it did as well as the Crash remake did. It doesn't matter because I still want it. I would also take Reignited-esque remakes of Enter the Dragonfly & A Hero's Tale. I don't care if these two games got bad reviews and/or sucked. They can fix them. They clearly should. They clearly will.

But what the hell do I know?

They are already determined to come out with a new one it's on youtube.....they got some parts of the story ongoing for final fantasy x-3 they haven't confirmed it..like they did with okami 3....but yeah and I agree sword art online isn't as good as the. hack games. They were part of my childhood. I want to see a remake to my first final fantasy the one with squall leonheart..yummy... I never played the one with cloud in it lol...never got the hype or played it out..I hope they make a remake or a sequel to..red dead redemption.....part two was awesome and we know what happens in one...I want another one...of the last guardian...not a lot of puzzle games...out there and the last guardian was amazing..I loved it so much...another one would be mass effect....i love the mass effect games and mass effect 2 won so many game wards of the year......I would love another mass effect part two of andromeda.....I want to know what happened to the other arks...I also love resident evil sooo maybe another one I also would love another last of us but they already made another so I'm happy but if it ends with a cliff hanger..I want another one..if part two ends...well let's see how it ends...lol AND I WOULD LOVE IF SOMEONE WOULD PICK UP SCALEBOUND ALREADY I'M STILL SAD IT GOT CANCEL..i WANT SCALEBOUND!!!

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
They are already determined to come out with a new one it's on youtube.....they got some parts of the story ongoing for final fantasy x-3 they haven't confirmed it..like they did with okami 3....but yeah and I agree sword art online isn't as good as the. hack games. They were part of my childhood. I want to see a remake to my first final fantasy the one with squall leonheart..yummy... I never played the one with cloud in it lol...never got the hype or played it out..I hope they make a remake or a sequel to..red dead redemption.....part two was awesome and we know what happens in one...I want another one...of the last guardian...not a lot of puzzle games...out there and the last guardian was amazing..I loved it so much...another one would be mass effect....i love the mass effect games and mass effect 2 won so many game wards of the year......I would love another mass effect part two of andromeda.....I want to know what happened to the other arks...I also love resident evil sooo maybe another one I also would love another last of us but they already made another so I'm happy but if it ends with a cliff hanger..I want another one..if part two ends...well let's see how it ends...lol AND I WOULD LOVE IF SOMEONE WOULD PICK UP SCALEBOUND ALREADY I'M STILL SAD IT GOT CANCEL..i WANT SCALEBOUND!!!

I haven't heard about this. So until there is an actual announcement/trailer/whatever I'm still going by it being a pipe dream

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
Simple, Knights of the Old Republic! Any of you heard or played it? Best RPG ever!

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
Years
I haven't heard about this. So until there is an actual announcement/trailer/whatever I'm still going by it being a pipe dream

They keep hinting it and trying to confirm it and then say they are putting it on hold until the final fantasy 7 remake is done and release. Square Enix is just all over the place with final fantasy x-3 right now within the last eight months. 😅So...maybe after the fans play cloud story they get on to making it. I'm hoping it has one of the best stories.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I wouldn't mind getting a sequel to Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido, since that was a pretty fun game that I was into for a few months. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the first game was popular enough for there to be a realistic chance of the game getting a sequel, but it would be great if it did get one. Very underrated game imo.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I was gonna list off a bunch, but the big ones would be KotOR 3 with Chris' involvement, a Golden Sun prequel that shows the story of the lighthouses being extinguished, and probably Starcraft 3. Also, anything that Valve made that has a 2 but not a 3.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I'd love to see a direct sequel to Elite Beat Agents. The game started off as a spin off to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan, a rhythm game series that has never been released outside of Japan. Despite being critically praised and selling fairly well, Elite Beat Agents has never received a sequel. The game's director showed interest in making another entry during an interview, but I doubt that it will ever happen.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
WELP.

I should probably remove TWEWY2 off my list BECAUSE OF THAT DAMN MEGA TROLL ASS MIDDLE FINGER Kingdom Hearts 3 ending.

But I refuse to. Because I have to wait ANOTHER 10 YEARS for my damn TWEWY closure. I'm not happy. AT ALL.

MAJOR KINGDOM HEARTS 3 SECRET ENDING SPOILERS INCOMING. (as well as some TWEWY New Day/Final Remix spoilers)

Spoiler:

So yeah. I'm getting TWEWY2. Just not in the way I really wanted it. At least I'll get better graphics I guess. Not that this makes me feel any better, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T, but I'll take it for MY DAMN CLOSURE.

TO BAD I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 10 DAMN YEARS FOR IT

Can you tell I'm angry yet?

somebody kill me please

at least i'll get neku as a party member

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I'm sure literally no one except me cares... but Anime Expo posted official TWEWY art to promote their online livestream for their convention recently (online due to COVID-19 obviously) and it made social media go crazy with speculation.

I don't know if it's actually teasing a new announcement, or just a flat out, yet another, TROLLING MY CLOSURE type situation. Either way the livestream takes place July 3-4 so I guess I'll give them some of my time. Though I practically already know what's going to end up happening.

I'm about 99.9% sure it's probably just an announcement for an anime version of the game or a flat out troll and nothing involving TWEWY at all.

Notice what I didn't say? Yep. WITHOUT A DOUBT IT'S NOT WHAT I REALLY WANT. WHICH IS TWEWY2.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The World Ends With You

Say what you will, but that game got too much love from fans, and is STILL popular, and completely deserves another game.

Back