• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Customizing Battle Mechanics

Years
  • So I came across Super Pokemon Eevee Edition recently (cool game. You should check it out), and what I thought was most interesting about the game was the battle system.

ZBe17JB.png

As you can see, that battle is heavily customized with four pokémon battling simultaneously, in real time, etc., and I thought, Wow, I'd like to try that kind of stuff in my own games. So I PM'd the creator, DarkDoom3000, asking about it, but he or she hasn't replied yet and I doubt he or she ever will.

Anyway, does anyone know where to start with something like this? As, I'm sure, this would go deeper than just replacing battlebacks and customizing command menus. Thanks ! !

Years
  • All RPG Makers come with that battle system actually(- VX and VX Ace not showing allies), only difference is positioning of boxes and enemies and similar stuff.

Years
  • Ah, thank you. But if I'm using Pokémon Essentials, how would I be able to replace those mechanics with the battle system provided by RPGXP?

Franzo

Developing something...
    Years
  • You'd have to completely re-do the battle system scripts, which is very hard unless you know what you're doing. Your only alternative is to use RPG Maker 2003

Back