• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
  • Anything for a fellow Emerald hacker. Consider it done. :)

Thank you kindly, sir.
    And will i need new screens since in theory its a different hack? If so thats fine just give me like 24-48 hours.. maybe till through the weekend would be awesome if that's alright... Only finished converting about half of my tiles from FR to Emerald and that took a good 4 hours.. Plus a track meet tomorrow makes tomorrow useless, so i need some time to get to scripting etc for screens.

Last edited:

Alomar

Years
  • Hey guys, some updates to post..
    -Hero OW done
    -Now choose from all 9 starters, and rival randomly chooses 1 of the 3 good against it.
    -Now in Emerald.

And ill throw screenies in the spoiler and update the first post when I get back home in a few hours.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alomar

Years
  • I switched from Emerald to Ruby, based on that I don't want to deal with all the glitches Emerald so easily gives. I've also recently had an idea for getting your starter.

Normally you get it from a PROF. since your 10 etc etc

Well in Amber your 22.. You already have your Pokemon by now but! Based on your personality you'll get one of the 9 starters or Eevee if all else fails. There will be a Pokeball in your house when activated asks you some simple questions and that will determine your starter reflecting yourself. and of course if you dont like the result you can retry. thoughts on this? Ive just begun scripting it but ill be done and have screens to show tomorrow. for now i gotta peace and goto open gym to ball it up.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Well I'll give you a brief review based on the progress I've seen so far.

I understand you have a whole lot of background placed for the main character of the game, but I also understand that most of what you said doesn't tie in to the main part of the hack? It sounds like another heaps of this and that fight gym leaders and rivals type of hack. What's supposed to be the exciting encounters in the game that you are speaking about? At the moment I don't expect any mind blowing events.

Also, your features are plain and usually what's expected in every hack these days. New tiles, maps, sprites, gym leaders, rivals, enemy teams etc. Is there anything special you plan on working with to make this a fan favourite? Because at the moment I'm guessing this hacks reputation is going to be based entirely on graphics, which also aren't that great at the moment.

I expect these 'curve balls' to be that amazing they spark some interest in this hack.

Don't take this as a rage, this is constructive criticism and I hope you work on the points I raised.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I switched from Emerald to Ruby, based on that I don't want to deal with all the glitches Emerald so easily gives. I've also recently had an idea for getting your starter.
    Hey, Emerald isn't unstable. It hasn't got more glitches than Ruby. The only I know are some scripting problems and music corruption, both of which can be easily fixed.
    I was actually really happy that this hack will be based on Emerald, but Ruby is a way less attarctive base..

Last edited:

Alomar

Years
  • Well I'll give you a brief review based on the progress I've seen so far.

I understand you have a whole lot of background placed for the main character of the game, but I also understand that most of what you said doesn't tie in to the main part of the hack? It sounds like another heaps of this and that fight gym leaders and rivals type of hack. What's supposed to be the exciting encounters in the game that you are speaking about? At the moment I don't expect any mind blowing events.

Also, your features are plain and usually what's expected in every hack these days. New tiles, maps, sprites, gym leaders, rivals, enemy teams etc. Is there anything special you plan on working with to make this a fan favourite? Because at the moment I'm guessing this hacks reputation is going to be based entirely on graphics, which also aren't that great at the moment.

I expect these 'curve balls' to be that amazing they spark some interest in this hack.

Don't take this as a rage, this is constructive criticism and I hope you work on the points I raised.

Good luck on your future endeavors.

Hey feedback is feedback, and i'm not getting much so I appreciate it. I don't see how the player background does not tie in with the hack? Its simple really, you grew up pretty independent without the love of a father and rarely the brothers, this, developing the character of the hero, and you've live in Cascade town on your own but were never a serious trainer, yet you have a pokemon. you're neighbor and friend dares you to take the gym challenge with him, and prof. pine currently has not much purpose now besides the pokedex aspect which he, also being your neighbor learns of the gym challenge you are both taking, so asks you to help out in research. its all explained ingame. The info about your father and brother hints at they will be appearing in the game, good or bad guys I dont feel like spoiling yet until i have a beta atleast.

I understand you personally may not like the gym challenge type games as they are quite common, but I do. which i'm ultimately making the game to make my own region and to satisfy me. as for curveballs, major events don't happen till later in the game so i'm not spoiling anything. you'r welcome to try the beta when i get there and give feedback based on the actual game and not just info i've posted so far and minor screenies.

Hey, Emerald isn't unstable. It hasn't got more glitches than Ruby. The only I know are some scripting problems and music corruption, both of which can be easily fixed.
    I was actually really happy that this hack will be based on Emerald, but Ruby is a way less attarctive base..

Also, thanks. I know Emerald is quite fine to work with, and I havent really begun anything in Ruby/Emerald since I started over off FireRed. I read about the way to avoid music corruption and have yet to try it but I'll be doing that soon. but other than moving sprites emerald is really no different from ruby IMO, just harder to hack but i'll see what happens. I'm still leaning toward Emerald based on I can add a lot more into it in the long run.

Last edited:

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I love the map of the region is very good.
    I'm not convinced it is the tiles, change it.

good luck.;)

Alomar

Years
  • I love the map of the region is very good.
    I'm not convinced it is the tiles, change it.

good luck.;)

thanks! i used to pixel for a game and i guess it's paying off hah, and yeah the tiles from emerald don't work with what I have in mind, for the last few days i've been working on converting to all FireRed Tiles.

Update: posted some new screens of the Male Hero on the first post, and more to come throughout this weekend when I finally finish the first event of the game. instead of taking the truck out it works to my benefit having you arrive on the subway in covert city as you're just moving in to Cascade town, where you will be met by your rival Alden as you get off the subway. Its taking ages as i'm making the subway from scratch just using the B/W style one for a reference. and yes, you'll be able to use the subway later in the game ;)

Last edited:

66hunter66

Itrainespeons. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    If your still looking for a pokemon for the starting screen, and you don't care if it's a legendary, i would go with Scizor. If you do want a legendary, then just go with the main legendary of your story..... It sounds pretty amazing though. Congrats, and good luck.

Alomar

Years
  • If your still looking for a pokemon for the starting screen, and you don't care if it's a legendary, i would go with Scizor. If you do want a legendary, then just go with the main legendary of your story..... It sounds pretty amazing though. Congrats, and good luck.

Thanks, I was leaning towards Raikou as the main legendary and most likely putting him on the front, still developing the story though haha

66hunter66

Itrainespeons. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    I like that idea. :P
    Raikou s hardly ever a main character when it comes to the dogs, usually She's (not sure if she's a she either.) backseat to suicune or entei.
    excellent idea!

Alomar

Years
  • Finished the Subway System like I said this weekend, also did the trainer backsprite /trainer card/OW. I like how they turned out! You can see the new screens in the First Post.

Soon to come is once I finish inserting all these FR tiles.... actual game progress and that won't take long since I had up to 2 gyms done on the FR version of Amber. Tell me what you think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2014
    i like the idea of this hack
    I'm looking forward to the hack.
    i hope everything goes well =]

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Great sprites and OWs.
    However, I think that this hack needs a bit of decapitalization.
    Things like names, towns, PKMN, etc. should be decapitalized.

I'm suggesting this because you'll progress faster that way.
    (It is faster to type Hank instead of HANK.)

Alomar

Years
  • Great sprites and OWs.
    However, I think that this hack needs a bit of decapitalization.
    Things like names, towns, PKMN, etc. should be decapitalized.

I'm suggesting this because you'll progress faster that way.
    (It is faster to type Hank instead of HANK.)

Thanks.. I've just recently scratched this hack. But the other one i'm making is decapitalized.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back