• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hakurei Shrine ~ Touhou Project Fan Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years

• 1Bgb6T9.png

The Touhou Project (東方Project) is a series of 2D (with 3D background) vertically-scrolling danmaku shooting games made by Team Shanghai Alice, with three fighting game spinoffs co-produced with Tasogare Frontier. They are similar to regular shooting games, but focus more on weaving through complex patterns containing anywhere from dozens to hundreds of bullets. Every game in the Touhou series is set in the fantasy land of Gensokyo, and the series is known for its huge cast of characters, well-developed storylines, and related materials such as music CDs, fan-made comics and animated videos made to the music. ~ Touhou Wiki.

Got danmaku? Interested in games of a higher difficulty, of a different genre? Or did you just stumble here from one of Yukari's gap portals? No matter how you got here, welcome to the Touhou Project fan club! This is the place to discuss the games, music, doujin (provided they're within rules), printworks and characters of the Touhou series with fellow fans. Well? Reimu's expected you at her shrine. Come on in~

Rules:
    1. Be sure to follow both PC and FC&G rules.
    2. Try to stay on topic. You could hint at things off topic, but make sure it somehow related to the topic at hand.
    3. Respect opinions of others. Not everyone will agree with you, but it's best to not start something over that.

The sign up sheet!
    Username:
    Favourite Touhou character:
    Favourite Touhou game:
    Topic answer:

So it ends up like:
    Username: Patchouli Knowledge
    Favourite Touhou character: Marisa Kirisame
    Favourite Touhou game: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
    Topic answer: Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle.​

-Current Topics-
    What's your favourite song from the Touhou Project series?
    Who's your favourite boss?

Member List
    Patchouli Knowledge (owner)
    Felyne_master
    machomuu
    Cassino
    New Eden
    Serpenter

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Very very nice, Patchy! All approved, Touhou is something I've been wanting to get into for a looong while. <3

Felyne_master

FlanNekoStormScarlet
    Years
  • Username: Felyne_master
    Favourite Touhou character: Sakuya Izayoi
    Favourite Touhou game: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
    Topic answer: Septette For The Dead Princess

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • Welcome to the group, Felyne! I'm sure you're going to have a nice time here in the shrine~

Sakuya, eh? I'd love to be able to stop time at any moment. That'd make my tasks a lot easier.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Username: machomuu

Favourite Touhou character: In a series with so many characters? Ugh...I don't know if I could choose. Well, let's see...Marisa is the character I play as when I play any game, though I do use the others as well, but I use Marisa the most without a doubt. Still, the personalities of all of the characters, from Reimu's indifferent heroism to the drunken hot-blooded Yuugi, it's incredibly tough to pick just one. It's part of what gives Touhou it's charm, so...I dunno. Marisa? Maybe? If I had to choose, probably Marisa.

Favourite Touhou game: Probably Imperishable Night, though that's just a maybe. There's no Touhou game that I don't like, so it's difficult to narrow it down, but if I REALLY had to choose, it'd probably be Imperishable Night.

Topic answer: ...This question isn't fair ;_; It's Touhou music, I can't choose. I just can't. Nope.

Felyne_master

FlanNekoStormScarlet
    Years
  • Hi machomuu. Welcome! Hmmm... I know it's hard to choose. I've really been think about my answer. Because there's just to many good songs in Touhou.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • I agree, it's basically all good. Which is why I added a new topic~

Who's your favourite boss and why?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well alright. I think this is something I could sit around and talk about.

I'm a bit of a PC-9801 fanatic (no idea why everyone truncates it to PC-98 when that's barely any shorter) since I have a love of obscurity. I like the series as a whole, I'm just a bit resentful at the disregard the fandom generally has for the first five games. I've been aware of Tōhō since shortly before the release of MoF (10); PCB (7) was my first game. After playing it, and I suppose having my first experience with danmaku (think I died to Letty), I immediately wondered why I didn't see the first five games around... and the rest of my story goes back to how I started this paragraph.

Username: Cassino
    Favourite Tōhō character: Mima
    Favourite Tōhō game: Tōhō Fūmaroku ~ the Story of Eastern Wonderland
    Topic answer 1: End of Daylight
    Topic answer 2: Shinki. Love the wings and their transformation. She's a bit of a speculation fuel character for me.

Last edited:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Hm...why I haven't joined this already will long be a mystery to me. Oh well. I'm planning on making an LP thread for 6-? (it'll end before MoF, but I don't know which game to do last...) God knows when.

The sign up sheet!
    Username: New Eden
    Favourite Touhou character:
    Tie between Youmu/Yuyuko
    Favourite Touhou game:
    Perfect Cherry Blossom
    Topic 1 answer:
    Necrofantasia (followed by Love-coloured Master Spark)
    Topic 2 answer: Tough to say, but I would probably have to say Sanae. I just found her to be a crap ton of fun to go against.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • Username
    Serpenter​
    Favourite Touhou character
    Yukari, Mima, Yuyuko, Remilia, Kanako... And you? I have a tonne of favourites​

Favourite Touhou game
    Perfect Cherry Blossom​
    Favourite song from Touhou
    Night falls - Evening star​
    Favourite boss
    I quite enjoy going up against Yuugi.​

Its hard to put favourites. I could easily add a handful of answers to each topic here...

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • So many new members~ Welcome! Hope you find the shrine comfortable :3

Anyway, my personal favourite boss has to be either Utsuho Reiuji or Kogasa Tatara..It's Okuu that gave me my slight obsession with nuclear energy, and Kogasa's role in UFO just had me confused and having a bit of a grin on my face. They were both really fun to battle~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Cirno is genuinely scary in Hisōtensoku seeing as a lot of her attacks in that are very fast.
    I don't get her name though, why romanise Chiruno as Cirno? Is that official? If not, it seems more appropriate to go for Chillno as a sort of multilingual pun meaning 'of chill', ie. 'of the cold', referencing her nature as an ice fairy.

Last edited:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I've always felt kinda meh towards memetic characters such as Cirno. Also she ain't the strongest as shown:

Also there are rumors that the new Windows will be revealed soon. Can only imagine...
    Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Unfortunately, the owner has requested to close this club because of personal reasons. If anyone else would like to take over this club, feel free to send me a message. You have the option to keep this thread, or create a brand new one altogether.

Locked.~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back