• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Unused Pokémon R/B/Y Music

Years
A youtuber found two beta/unused songs in R/B/Y. This song was found in Red/Blue when datamined, while this song was found in Yellow.

To add to the RB song, there was deleted data for a map location found in RB. (When hacked into the map and attemped to fly to, the game will simply crash.) Could it have been meant for the deleted area?

What do you think these songs were planned for? Do you like either of them?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Red/Blue one is hard on the ears and frankly its good that it never made it into the actual game. Yellow one is a tad more tolerable but still unsettling. I suppose that one could be used for Victory Road after exiting the "cave". Regardless, I'm not missing either track. What I do miss is Team Rocket tracks like their infamous motto. If they had that in Yellow for when you faced Jesse and James... man Yellow would be hotter than Charizard's Flamethrower.

This for Celadon Game Corner also would have been better.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Someone made a complete restoration of the unused track in RB, because what is in that video is actually an incomplete version. This is how the OST could've sounded if it had been finished. It was probably meant for an extra town, which ended up never being designed probably.

(Where would that extra town have been?)

From what I heard, the unused theme from Yellow was supposed to play when you'd enter into the grass without Pok?mon; the only option in the battle menu you could choose was Run. This was obviously never included in the game. For something so simple, the song sounds very unsettling, yeah.

This for Celadon Game Corner also would have been better.
I've never heard this soundtrack. Do you know when exactly this plays in the anime?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Someone made a complete restoration of the unused track in RB, because what is in that video is actually an incomplete version. This is how the OST could've sounded if it had been finished. It was probably meant for an extra town, which ended up never being designed probably.

(Where would that extra town have been?)

From what I heard, the unused theme from Yellow was supposed to play when you'd enter into the grass without Pok?mon; the only option in the battle menu you could choose was Run. This was obviously never included in the game. For something so simple, the song sounds very unsettling, yeah.

I've never heard this soundtrack. Do you know when exactly this plays in the anime?

The one I linked for Celadon Game Corner was played in Episode 28 for Salon Rocket(aka the Episode involving Brock's idol Breeder. Ends up acquiring Vulpix to raise and eventually returns Vulpix back to her in Johto). Basically they play that music whenever Team Rocket was pulling a scam job.

As for the unused music in Yellow, seems rather unorthadox to have music for when you had no Pokemon.

Years
As for the unused music in Yellow, seems rather unorthadox to have music for when you had no Pokemon.
Actually, I think it's quite fitting. As Cobalt mentioned, the song could have gone with the "no Pokemon battle scenario". This video even shows the hidden data hacked in to show how the mechanic worked. The music would certainly make the "hurry, get away!" text seem intimating.

Maybe they were planning to recreate the Spearow scene from the anime? :0

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
The first one sounds super similar to the Victory Road music from X&Y. If it is derived from this, it's great to see that it was finally used in some shape. Though I do think these two were pretty hard on ears so that's probably why they were taken out. It would have been pretty cool to see them try and recreate the Spearow scene from the anime too.

Back