• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun Team: Please rate

Reshiram337

Leader of DEFHA
Years
  • I am playing Pokemon Black and just got a full 6 pokemon sun team, but I need it rated and if you see any improvements to make the team even better, feel free to speak your mind, I am looking for any suggestions that can make the sun team better.

Sun Team (X000) <- this doesnt mean anything, I guess a name Idk
    -----------------------

Ninetales
    Item: Chesto Berry
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 252Hp / 92 SDef / 164 Spd
    Nature: Timid
    Moves: Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Rest, Will-O-Wisp
    Notes: Ninetales is what makes my sun team possible. She puts out a permanent sunlight (unless changed by weather) when she appears making her invaluble. I run a Timid nature with 252Hp and 92SDef evs to give her survivability and to allow her to throw off Will-O-Wisps. The remaining 164 evs I put in speed in conjunction with her Timid nature to allow her to outrun her threats. Chesto Berry is there to make Rest give 1 full health restore without a downside, giving Ninetales a extra life.

Venusaur
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Modest
    Moves: Growth, Sludge Bomb, Energy Ball, Hidden Power (Fire)
    Notes: My main special sweeper, and sun abuser. Venusaur abuses the sun with its ability (Chlorophyll) which doubles his speed. Throw on a Growth and you have 2X Attack/Special Attack for each time used, increasing the offensive capabilities of Venusaur, making him a dangerous sweeper. Life Orb is added for extra power.

Infernape
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Mach Punch, U-Turn
    Notes: Infernape is yet another sweeper, this time instead of being a special sweeper, hes a physical sweeper. He gets rid of those threats that threaten sun teams like Tyranitar, and gets rid of Chansey/Blissey. Leftovers is there to recover some health lost from Flare Blitz, and Mach Punch for priority and gets STAB. U-Turn is there to deal with Psychics and to quickly get out of battle.

Sawsbuck
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 72 Hp / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
    Nature: Adament
    Moves: Horn Leech, Jump Kick, Megahorn, Aromatherapy
    Notes: This guy allows for more physical power as well as some support. Aromatherapy is the support option, which is really helpful for getting rid of troublesome statuses on the team, it can also be used for more Ninetales free health recovery from Rest, since Aromatherapy will cure sleep. Megahorn is there for hitting the Lati twins.

Heatran
    Item: Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Nature: Modest
    Moves: Fire Blast, Earth Power, Hidden Power (Ice), Dragon Pulse
    Notes: Flash Fire Heatran is here for a purpose. Countering other fire types hoping to use your sun to their advantage, getting rid of dragons, and providing great resistances and immunities for the team. Air Balloon is there to keep ground type moves from annihilating him.

Forretress
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SDef
    Nature: Sassy
    Moves: Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Gyro Ball, Volt Switch
    Notes: He is the #1 support member in the team, excluding Ninetales which provides sun. Forretress gives Rapid Spin support for the team, knocking out any entry hazards that may plague the team. He can also lay entry hazards down of his own by providing Stealth Rock support. Volt Switch is there to slowly but surely get Ninetales in to let loose the sun.

Added Notes: I know this team is NOT 100% perfect and probably needs work in some departments, thats why its here to be rated and to be given any suggestions for improvement. If you have any suggestions that can be given to make this team even better, please feel free to let me know, I am looking for any-way to make this team even more improved :)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Infernape should use a Life Orb rather than Lefties just so that its moves get amped up, particularly Flare Blitz.

Sawsbuck doesn't have enough bulk to use Aromatherapy effectively. It's more of a sweeper than a supporter because of its poor defenses. Blissey can provide Aromatherapy support while having the bulk to take hits:
    -Aromatherapy
    -Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
    -Toxic
    -Softboiled
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Ability: Natural Cure

Donphan is an offensive spinner you can consider over Forretress (since the sun amplifies Forretress' Fire weakness):
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic/Roar/Knock Off
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def

or
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Head Smash/Fire Fang
    -Ice Shard/Stealth Rock
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def

Magma Storm is too inaccurate on Heatran, even though trapping opponents seems tempting. Fire Blast is the better alternative. HP Ice and Dragon Pulse have redundant coverage together, so drop one and replace it with Taunt, Flame Charge, Substitute or Stealth Rock.

Reshiram337

Leader of DEFHA
    Years
  • -PlatinumDude, thank you for the reply. I changed Infernapes item from Leftovers to Life Orb. Dolphin does seem like a good choice, but Forretress seems to do everything Dolphan can do and more. Although I understand your point of a 4X fire weakness and certainly a fire type move in the sun would OHKO it, unless of full health/sturdy. The main point of Forretress is to provide support and then leave. Your suggestion on Heatran has caught my attention, and I have replaced Magma Storm with Fire Blast. And you are right about the coverage part, I am still deciding on what to replace Dragon Pulse or HP Ice with, but you did give good suggestions. Thanks :)

Back