• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thanks.

A new position on the IRIDIUM team has come up. If anyone would like to help rewrite/write the story for the game. PM examples or ideas. All will be considered. Thank you Sincerely.

I have done some more tiles but I figure I won't show them quite yet.

~MT

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I am trying despretly to do things to make this game have some sort of appeal to the people of this forum so the game will gain some support.

So here are some screens of brand spankin new tiles just made and inserted into the game today. Please enjoy and post comments, Oh, and Please do not steal any of the tiles, any one caught stealing will be reported immidiatly with out warning.

The last two screens show the fact that i was able to add the hp and exp bars to the summary and add the ability to see what pokemon you have captured in battle.

Enjoy

testscreens41408ov9.png

Sincerely
Minorthreat0987

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
What I can say are :
They are unique!
Keep it up! I'll keep an eye on the game.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The new tiles really give this game an amazing new look to the game.
I think I said it before, but the battle background is really nice.
Your doing a good job with this game.
Don't worry about support, just keep showing off the game and people will comment.
Keep it up, I don't want to see this project die....

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Thanks all, the positive comments really motivate me to do my best.

In light of some of the positive comments I decided to work my butt of and come up with something sorta special for today, an update to the bag interface.

Presenting: The Bag, DP Style!
testscreens41608wl6.png

ENJOY!!!!!!

I also perfected the Day/Night system to be closer to the DP one, and a lot less blinding during night and morning, Its a very hard thing to take shots of, so you'll just have to wait for the demo.

Speaking of the Demo I never really talked about it much. The demo was originally going to be comeing out soon because it is going up to either the 3rd or 4th gym and I am mapped up to just past the 2nd, almost to the 3rd.

But, and this is kind of a big unfourtunate but, I have recently decided to cut out as much offical nintendo graphics as I can, as far as the tileset goes. So the progression of the demo is on hold until I get new tiles to replace virtually all of the tiles currently used in the game plus enough tiles for the next few towns. So it should be out in this quarter of the year, but no promises I am not going to push myself to make a deadline.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Good job, Minorthreat! You will always give me surprise.
Keep it up with the good work!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well thank you. The next update will come when this thread gets up to 75 posts, come on guys I know you can do it. And to give you something to talk about for the next 6 posts, I have a question to ask you all

Do you think I should change the screen size of the game to that of the Nintendo DS verses the screen size of the Gameboy Advance ? The Gameboy Advance has a screen size(for RMXP atleast) is 480x320 and the Nintendo DS has a screen size of 512x384(I believe lol) in RMXP. So PLEASE post your opinions.

Sincerely, Minorthreat

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
If there is a NDS screen, that would be better I think.
So go ahead!

Years
To me, GBA screen size is better.
If you change the screen size to the NDS one, you'll have to change everything (code, pictures...).

I think that you should make your game, the screen size is not very important.

Years
It would really depend on the style you are going for. If you are going to ga for a D/P style, with larger-than-regular and more detailed sprites, go for the DS resolution. If you are going to go more towards FR/LG styled sprites, go with the GBA resolution.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
To me, GBA screen size is better.
If you change the screen size to the NDS one, you'll have to change everything (code, pictures...).

I think that you should make your game, the screen size is not very important.
Well re-coding and stuff really isn't that hard it only takes a few hours and I can have just about all the key important systems recoded for the new screen size.

This is looking pretty good. I like the Fire starter.
Well I am glad you like it, but unfortunatly I am considering heavily redesigning the starters because these ones are just too not starter material and lack the luster that starters should.

Heres the shadow of the new grass starter
newgrassstarterlc4.png

The colored art, will be shown when this thread gets 85 replies.

Anyway as I said once this thread gets up to 75 replies I would post an update.

testscreens42708dx5.png

The screen size has officially been changed to 512x368 slightly shorter than the NDS on because with the overworld staying in FR/LG style the game looked too large on the larger screen. Also DP sprites will be used in this game instead of the advanced style sprites.

I also want to talk about the new device to replace the POKeGEAR in the game, POKeTECH, it functions just lke the pokegear but the interface will be different and you will more than likely need the POKeTECH to access your badge case and other interesting things things, hopefully. Stay tuned, hopefully screens of the new POKeTECH will come with in one of the next few updates.

The next update will come, as long as nothing major happens, when this thread reaches 85 replies.

I hope you enjoy.

Sincerely
Minorthreat

Years
Wow ! I like the bag !

But you don't think that the summary screen looks a little bit... empty ?

In the trainer mémo (first screenshot) you can write something about the Pokémon's happiness (by using the pokemon.happiness variable).

It's just some idea, however, your game is amazing as usual ! :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Nice game ! But are there going to be only new starters or other fakes as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back