• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] Mega gives thoughts on Gaming News & Games Currently Playing

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • I don't even know what to say anymore at this point. Legitimately.

I was not expecting that earth-shattering news after picking up Live A Live and coming home from grocery shopping yesterday evening.

Do I want change? Of course I do. As much as everyone else seems to. Do I expect it? Not really. Unless every single last Vince 'yes man' is removed from office and power as well. Will that happen? I don't know. I feel like the answer to that is 'lolno' but only time will tell obviously.

Anyway...

It is now less than the week until the release of Digimon Survive (and Xenoblade Chronicles 3) is finally here. I officially pre-ordered both yesterday when I picked up my Live A Live copy yesterday.

It's... surreal honestly. All this time waiting... is finally... at long last... about to pay off. 😭

see you all in 2030 for the next digimon game

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • It always happens. Whether you like it or not. Whether I like it or not. Whether anyone likes it or not.

Inevitably... all the games that you are looking forward to eventually come out. Despite BS memes or people just being jerks and wanting great franchises dead. Even if those people are the same people that are f-ing publishing the game in the first f-ing place. 'lol Digimon didn't Survive' Yeah... f off. Sorry. I hate shit like this.

But that's not the point. The point is... I legitimately don't know what I'm going to do with my life now. Everything I've wanted has started to or already has come out. I have nothing left to complain about anymore. Which should make everyone else happy. Hell... they should celebrate. Go ahead. I don't mind. As long as you don't mind me secretly flipping you off. Because now... I'm going to go back to being quiet most of the time. Which people seem to like more than me actually saying anything because of how 'controversial' it is or whatever.

There are still games coming out I'm looking forward to. Obviously. This goes without saying. Most Final Fantasy related. I'm sure more will be announced too that I'll look forward to. Maybe a Spyro 4, a new Tales of (or a port of a previous title I guess), FF9 Remake (Nvidia leak real at this point) and so on and so forth. Hell... I wouldn't even put it outside the realm of possibility for something for .hack finally. Likely? No because Bamco are SAO simps. But that's fine.

Everything I've wanted and cared for has come out or is about to come out. Good. I don't have anything to complain about anymore. Again good. Especially for everyone else who hates it every time I say something.

I still have a MASSIVE backlog I need to get through anyway. Besides I came across more games for me to potentially look into eventually getting anyway so it really doesn't matter.

The point is... I will mostly be quiet again. Which I know will be celebrated. Glad you'll celebrate something like this. See you all in September I guess.

*points to signature*

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Sonic Frontiers release date has been confirmed and announced to be November 8, 2022. This was revealed at the Gamescom opening. Here's the trailer.

Personally... I am still cautiously optimistic about this game and still think it's potential is UNREAL. Whether it lives up to said potential... well... time will tell obviously.

I really don't have anything to say other than that about this.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • You know... I actually legitimately almost forgot I made this thread. lol

I don't have much to say about the events yesterday. I've pretty much already stated my opinion in the Nintendo Direct thread so go look at that if you want to see mine. Overall though... I'd say both events were 'mid'. But technically speaking... the Direct had more things that interested me than the State of Play. Especially since the State of Play had nothing I cared about. Maybe Stellar Blade? Seems too weird for me though.

Octopath Traveler II is basically an obligation for me since I played the first one. Kirby's Return to DreamLand Deluxe is a port but why not? I don't mind replaying it. Tales of Symphonia Remastered is still a complicated situation for me that I'm going back and forth on. I'll probably wait for a solid release date before making any final decisions. RainCode was probably the surprise for me. It actually and honestly genuinely intrigued me. It's like a weird bizarre fusion between Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, and Persona. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Crisis Core Reunion got a date. December 13th. Which is this year. That's... pretty interesting if you think about it. Remember what was said when it and FF7 Rebirth were announced at the anniversary event? I think this definitely makes it a real possibility that FF7 Rebirth now comes out the same year as FF16. Which... is just... 😱

I may post in here a bit more with Tokyo Game Show coming up. But I doubt it. Because I've finally learned my lesson (even if it feels like it took 100+ times) and I have my expectations low unless there's something for .hack of course.

Also just because there was a State of Play doesn't mean there won't also be a PlayStation Showcase now. But you could say the opposite as well. Time will tell. They can still do it. Or maybe they'll wait until October. Sony is being as weird as Nintendo. Only time will tell.

I think the lesson we can all learn from this... is to not trust or believe so-called 'leakers' so much. That should have been obvious from the start... but what happened yesterday nailed that in even further. Except for Pokemon. But... that's kind of a different situation entirely honestly... 😅

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I'm not going to say the same thing multiple times. I'm really not because I hate sounding like a broken record believe it or not. Go view my post in Currently Playing thread for full details... but Tales of the Abyss is officially the best god damn Tales of game I've ever played and it wasn't even close. Same goes for Luke being my fave Tales of MC. Just so god damn good. They need to port it again and they better because the 3DS shop is closing next year so there's no excuse at this point. Hopefully they do. Or a Remake I guess but they just did a port of Symphonia so I'm assuming that's what they'll do for this as well. Hopefully.

Anyway I'm done with Tales of again and I'm back to Trails of Cold Steel. Which I'm playing on Easy because of the BS that happened with the first 2 games. Have a problem with it? Well your not the one playing it. I'm sorry (although I'm really not) but I'm just not dealing with BS in this series anymore. I'm really not. Hopefully I won't encounter as many problems in this one that I did the first two. One can only hope. Really fun and funny so far though. Not sure the game should be giving me the power of a teacher though. I'll just give everyone F's. 😈

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years

• I SWEAR TO GOD... this is going to be the best FF in forever. I CAN'T WAIT. SO HYPED.

Also... new statement from Habu and a new game director added to the Digimon Team from the announcement of a Switch and PC port of Digimon World Next Order confirms that there are 'multiple new Digimon projects in the works'

Makes me feel a lot better when I really don't care about something that's basically a port. Obviously though... it's not happening anytime soon. Not that it really matters because my backlog is so god damn large still that I probably won't actually play Survive until 2023-2024 or something 😭

Oh... and don't expect PlayStation Showcase this year. Sony are being whiny bitch babies about the Microsoft Activision acquisition and are reportedly trying to look 'weak' in front of the European board that's investigating it. It won't be happening until that ends. Which basically means it's delayed until next year. What utter BS nonsense. The rest of the year is basically a slog now. Yes there's still Game Awards I guess but there's not ever anything there that I actually care about for the most part really.

I hate this so much 😡

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • You know... this entire Bayonetta situation actually honestly and legitimately made me look into the franchise to see if it's something that I might be interested in getting into, buying, and playing. Good job HelLIAR Taylor lol. Unfortunately... the first game was listed as 'Tough' on GameFAQs so that was an immediate turn-off for me (I don't like games that are incredibly hard). Plus... to be even more honest with you... the games/franchise seems a bit too 'fanservicey' for my tastes (I mean like nudity or close to nudity. You should know what this means if your an anime fan)

But feel free to convince me otherwise I guess either through PMs on this forum, PMs/DMs through Discord, or this thread I guess.

So Gematsu made a tweet (I lost it sorry) stating that FF16 might get a release date before the end of the year and Night Sky Prince (Final Fantasy news-YouTuber sort of) made a video stating he believes a trailer with a release date might happen at the Game Awards. I don't know if this will end up true or not... but... if it does i might scream

Also yes I decided to be sacrilegious I guess and have a Digimon avatar on a Pokemon forum and I'm not sorry 😐

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I couldn't take it anymore. I really couldn't. So my official shoot on the current ongoing BS situation (which is clearly what it is) has been uploaded to my YouTube channel.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I guess I'm canceled now.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    what situation are you talking about exactly

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • The end of the year is here already again. It always flies by. At the end of last year... even though I didn't post it on here and just did on the Discord... I made some 'Bold Predictions' for things that I thought would happen this year that I honestly thought would happen and made the most logical sense to me. It's true that there's still the rest of December to get through... but for the most part really nothing else really happens. But if things change I will obviously say as much. So let's review what my Bold Predictions for 2022 were and if they were correct or not shall we?

1. Digimon Survive will FINALLY come out. Result: CORRECT. Released July 29, 2022
    2. Final Fantasy XVI will come out. Result: INCORRECT. Scheduled for release Summer 2023 with a solid release date likely coming at The Game Awards 2022.
    3. The 2022 Pokemon game will be Generation 9. Result: CORRECT. Released November 18, 2022
    4. Kingdom Hearts IV will be announced. Result: CORRECT. Announced during the 20th Anniversary Event in April 2022.
    5. Persona 6 will be announced. Result: INCORRECT. They teased it for their 25th Anniversary Events last year but never announced it and makes no god damn sense to me why you would tease it and not announce it. Feel free to explain this to me if you want.
    6. Sonic Frontiers will be the first decent Sonic game in potentially a decade (hard maybe). Result: INCORRECT. Sorry but I can't bring myself to say in good conscience that this is correct due to the 'critic' scores for the game when Sega themselves said they wanted it to receive 'high scores' from reviews. (an article came out back in May 2022 that I can provide evidence for if you need it saying as much). 71 on Metacritic isn't a high score. I don't know what the other Sonic game scores are but at the end of the day 71 isn't good or high. Sorry it's just not. This is all subjective and opinionated though so if you think this is actually correct feel free to try to convince me otherwise but I'm unlikely to think differently when no one else will with anything anymore.
    7. WWE will go the way of WCW. Result: INCORRECT. Honestly I said this one out of frustration more than anything else. The exact literal opposite has happened now. Vince McMahon was forced to retire (THANK GOD) and Triple H regained power.

Overall 3/7 43% accurate. Worse than expected but I'll be doing better for my 2023 Bold Predictions I assure you lol. Oh well I guess.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • So... The Game Awards

I'll be completely honest... I actually quite enjoyed it. It was an overall enjoyable show for once. Yes not everything was for me (obviously) but the reveals were still good and it was just an overall enjoyable show and that's really all that matters.

I'm super hyped for the release of FFXVI and hopefully we'll get a demo between now and release. Here's the trailer for those who missed it

June 22, 2023 is the official release date and I can't wait.

As for that... thing... that happened at the end... they are just lucky honestly that nothing more dangerous happened. Hopefully they can increase their security from now on.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • They're running back Digimon Con for 2023 and I couldn't be happier honestly.

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1603887704600608768?t=NFUDm_ApgRahKxh8zWqbGg&s=19

But don't worry I won't be hyping it up this time lol. I'll have my expectations where they should properly be. In other words... extremely low lol. Doesn't mean I'm still not looking forward to it and have some hopes for things.

At worst all they will do is shill the Switch port of Digimon World Next Order but I am hoping they show something/ANYTHING from the next Digimon Story game.

Let's hope they also reveal, confirm, and announce when and where the Digimon Adventure 2020 english dub will be released because it will have been pretty much a full year since it was originally announced.

Honestly... at the end of the day... I'm just glad they are doing it again. I hope all of you plan on supporting this as much as I do lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • No thread was created for it so I guess I'll do it this way. The end of the year is here once again (believe it or not) and it's time to reveal what personally won things for me for GOTY (Game of the Year).

I always go by what I played in the year and I don't care what year or when the game actually came out. All that matters to me is that I played it this year. Nobody likes to read anymore clearly so I'll give the same TL;DR versions I gave on the Discord server. Just the game-only stuff unless someone wants my AOTY (Anime of the Year) stuff as well lol

Mega's Game of the Year 2022:

Special Awards:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time wins Hardest Game of the Year
    Octopath Traveler wins Disappointment of the Year
    Fall Guys wins Funnest Game of the Year
    Tales of Graces f wins 'Gem' of the Year

and here's the overall/final list

Overall Special Mention (de-facto #4): Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch)
    #3: Tales of Graces f (PS3)
    Game of the Year 2022 Runner-Up (#2): Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
    Game of the Year 2022 (#1): Tales of the Abyss (3DS)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Last, but certainly not least, here are my Bold Predictions for 2023. These are basically things I personally think will happen within next year. Basically anywhere from January to next December. There are six of them. One less than what I had for 2022. There are two categories. 1-3 are 'Thanks Captain Obvious' (things that are pretty obvious if you ask me) and 4-6 are 'Spicy' (things that are unlikely but still possible if you ask me)

1. Pokemon Scarlet & Violet DLC Will Be Announced & Released
    2. Hollow Knight Silksong will FINALLY come out
    3. Star Wars will be confirmed for Kingdom Hearts IV
    4. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth will come out the same year as Final Fantasy XVI
    5. Final Fantasy IX Remake will be announced
    6. Cartoon Network and Toonami will DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY within the year

That's all from me this year hopefully. See you all in 2023. Happy New Year!!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Happy New Year everyone!!

Here are the games I'm (hoping) to get to this year finally:

Tales of Xillia (both games. Just started the first one. Super damn fun so far. Already loving it. I'm worried about Xillia 2 but I loved Symphonia 2 and I'm always in the minority so I feel like I'll like Xillia 2 as well lol)
    Persona 5 Strikers
    Nier Replicant
    NEO: The World Ends With You/The World Ends With You 2 (PLEASE LET ME GET TO THIS. PLEASE?!)
    Balan Wonderworld (*insert "I'm in Danger" meme here*)

Those are the only ones I know for sure. Other possible ones are finally playing a PS5 game that's not FF7 Remake, and Pokemon. I'm not confident about playing a Pokemon game this year finally though. If I do... it'll be Brilliant Diamond. I could care less what everyone says about it. I'll play and judge it for myself just like with balan wonderworld

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • The 'death' month is finally over... and February is here.

Yeah... thank god honestly lol. Don't worry... I'm not getting my hopes for anything. Because I've learned my lesson too many times and have been burned too many times at this point. But I can still hope for the best obviously... lol. I just have my expectations set where they should properly be at (in other words not high at all)

Not sure what might happen at the Nintendo Direct but it's always a good time. I'm hoping for a solid release date for RainCode though. Not sure if Sony/PlayStation will do anything. It feels like they will do nothing ever again until the Microsoft/Activision situation is resolved which isn't going to be anytime soon. Still not great PR for Sony but clearly companies will do whatever the hell they want. They could do something though. Only time will tell though clearly.

And last... but certainly not least... Digimon and Pokemon. Let's start with Pokemon. It's pretty clear what's going to happen at Pokemon Day. S/V DLC announcement. The question is... one? Two? More? There have been rumors flying that it will be only one but that doesn't make much sense if they want this gen to last the regular '3 year' interval plus there's the controversy with it still ongoing. But they haven't changed before so I don't expect them to change anytime soon. Anyone who thinks they will change now is fooling themselves. Sorry that's just how I feel and what I feel the situation is. But whatever I guess. We'll see. Hopefully they can just improve the overall performance of the game so everyone can finally just STFU.

As for Digimon... who knows honestly. I'd LOVE to see them finally show off/reveal some stuff for the next Story game... but I'm not expecting it honestly and nor should I. But I'll pop off if it happens obviously lol. Also... as I've said previously already... they need to announce where the Digimon Adventure 2020 reboot english dub is going and when it will start. It's pretty much been a full year since the initial announcement and still no news on that. If there's still no news about that... then I think it's safe to assume the english dub has been canned/canceled.

But this month will at least be exciting again in terms of gaming stuff finally lol. So I'm looking forward to it either way.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Digimon Con 2023 was a complete and utter waste of f-ing time. I'm sorry. I really am. But I'm just stating how I feel.

If they are going to just waste our time... I think I'd rather prefer them doing nothing at all.

Sorry. I'm just super frustrated with still no info on the next Story game or the Adventure 2020 English dub. Which I still think is canceled BTW

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Wow. It's been awhile... hasn't it? Having a job will do that to you. Well that... and the fact that it just feels like nothing is really worth it anymore honestly. It just seems and feels like no matter what I say... it's like I'm the scum of the earth or something. Well... whatever. I never cared before... why should I start now?

In retrospect though... there's not really much to talk about. There are things I could talk about... but some aren't necessarily 'gaming' related so it doesn't necessarily belong here because it's not as such. So I guess I'll stick to what this topic is supposed to be about even though it's my thread and I should be able to do whatever the hell I want.

Okay... so first... about a month ago the CC2 Director/Producer or whatever the hell his official title is... was on the .hack anniversary stream and then stated that there was something new in the works... then moments later said he was joking. Okay... seriously... what the fuck are you doing. Seriously? Do you get a sick kick out of getting peoples hopes up? Do you?! Because that's what it looks like. Not a good look my guy. If you have no good news to share... keep your god damn mouth shut. End of story. Stop 'joking around' and take things seriously. Because people listen to you word for word. You have nothing good to say? Keep your god damn mouth shut. End of story. At the end of the day... the .hack franchise is dead and if .hack fans want another game (which I do BTW just so you know) then the IP needs to be sold to another company that will actually treat it with the respect it deserves and actually give a fuck about it. But what do I know? Nobody wants the truth spoken. They'd rather blatantly ignore it and not confront it and perma-ban anyone who speaks it from discord servers. Whatever. Keep living in your fantasy worlds you god damn basement dwellers.

With that out of the way and off my chest... I hate the fact that I have nothing to look forward to after Final Fantasy XVI. I really do. Yes my backlog is still god awful and it'll likely be years before I play it myself... but it's nice to have things to look forward to. It really is. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth doesn't count. Because it doesn't have an official release date that's why. Although honestly... the more I see Stellar Blade the more it reminds me of Nier. So I might keep an eye on that game. Plus... if Armored Core VI is fun as hell, and I don't have to catch up with the other games, which I've been already told I don't have to, then I don't mind at least trying with it. So that's another one I don't mind keeping an eye on. Problem is... both of these are slated for this year too. So unless Persona 6 or something gets announced (god I wish that would happen) or the next Digimon Story is finally revealed (AGAIN I WISH) I have NOTHING to look forward to. This... is going to be a depressing couple of years in all likelihood... but I'm sure everyone thinks it's karma since I'm the scum of the earth I guess.

Time to talk about rumors. PlayStation Showcase. Reportedly it's going to happen in May or early June. Please do. I need something to look forward to and shit has been quiet for WAY TOO LONG. Will it have things I don't care about? Of course it will. But it might have things I care about. Besides... like I said... it'll give me something to look forward to.

There's also a shit ton of rumors going around again about Switch 2 and/or Switch Pro. I mean... I can see it. There's nothing coming out for Switch after TOTK and Pikmin 4. There has to be a reason for that. Plus... they are doing a live event in Washington State in September. When was the last time they did something like that? Exactly. Oh... and don't give me that 'pandemic' excuse... I'm getting sick of that excuse. I don't know... I can just see it being the case. Do I actually believe it or think it's going to happen? That's a completely different conversation. I don't believe anything until there's official confirmation. I've learned too many times at this point. I'm just saying I can see it happening. Will it actually happen? Only time will tell. Obviously.

I'm done with PS3 games BTW. For awhile at least. Or at least until I get to the Sly Cooper games. Probably a good thing since I can only really 'stream' PS4 and maybe PS5 games (still need to try that again with this new laptop of mine) so that's nice. However... Balan Wonderworld is coming up in my backlog. It's actually up next for me after I finish Persona 5 Strikers. Will I survive it? I don't know. Place your bets now I guess. I have to at least try though. I'd create a poll but nobody will vote in it and I don't know how. I guess... again... only time will tell.

But yeah that's everything caught up for the most part really. Hopefully things can become a bit more 'interesting' with June coming up in a little over a month or so.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • If you want further details on why I dropped Balan Wonderworld... a new 'shoot' will be available on my YouTube channel at 12 pm/noon EST for you to hate on 😏

Back