• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Having problems with changing encounter tables, help appreciated

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Hello, I'm trying to edit the encounter tables of my Radical Red rom via AMap and any changes that I'm making don't actually apply, and I've got no idea why.

I'm on the most current version (3.0) and I did change AMap to account for 1400 mons which is more than what's available (since separate forms are treated as individual species). Even if I got the things I'm looking for wrong they should still show up right? Instead no change is happening whatsoever and I'm super stuck on what to do, and would like some help

ellabrella

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    • She/It
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    advance map would be considered binary hacking, so you will probably want to try that forum section: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=rom-hacking-center

that said i don't think advance map would be likely to work with a CFRU rom, as most (all?) tools are not designed to edit a CFRU rom. you will probably have to do this the old-fashioned way, i.e. find where the encounters are stored in ROM and edit them with a hex editor.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hello, I'm trying to edit the encounter tables of my Radical Red rom via AMap and any changes that I'm making don't actually apply, and I've got no idea why.

I'm on the most current version (3.0) and I did change AMap to account for 1400 mons which is more than what's available (since separate forms are treated as individual species). Even if I got the things I'm looking for wrong they should still show up right? Instead no change is happening whatsoever and I'm super stuck on what to do, and would like some help
    Advance Map v1.95 specifically can read the new species added by the DPE just fine.
    Spoiler:

I can't speak for Radical Red specifically though. If it made any big changes to them code structure wise, things may just not work.

But yeah, as Ella said, you're doing binary hacking.
    This section of the forum is for people who use the decompilation projects created by Pret, and Radical Red does not.
    For future reference, anything involving editing or injecting code into a ROM is binary hacking territory.
    As such, this sort of questions go in the Binary ROM Hacking Section,

Back