• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 25, 2018
Hey first time posting here so hopefully I do this right. I just downloaded the game since I love the concept and am very excited to play through it. However, whenever I try and heal at either a Pokemon Center or with my mom my game crashes. It says there's an FMOD error, specifically "Script 'RGSS Linker FmodEx' Line 175. If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm playing on Mac if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Years
Looks like I have a few bugs to fix for the next release! Regarding the crashes, I'll see what I can do, but not being able to replicate them myself, progress might be slow.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 21, 2019
Hi, I'm really enjoying this fan game, and have played up to the end of Three Island. I made a few notes on the oddities that I noticed. Most of it is relatively minor, my main issue was with the Move Relearner:
Spoiler:

Even though it's a long list, it was just little things, and the Elite Four crash that I read about is definitely more important. This game could definitely use more polish, but I love the premise and I've been having a blast with it. Thank you for your hard work on this fan game, it has a lot of potential.

Years
Hi, I'm really enjoying this fan game, and have played up to the end of Three Island. I made a few notes on the oddities that I noticed. Most of it is relatively minor, my main issue was with the Move Relearner:
Spoiler:

Even though it's a long list, it was just little things, and the Elite Four crash that I read about is definitely more important. This game could definitely use more polish, but I love the premise and I've been having a blast with it. Thank you for your hard work on this fan game, it has a lot of potential.

Luvdisc should have Heart Scales according to the files but I'll double check for sure. I won't be modifying any official learnsets for Marowak, but I could think of something. The other things sound like bugs I'll look into -- I'm aware of the text overflow, got to look into a UI redesign for that one. Thanks for pointing those out!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Luvdisc should have Heart Scales according to the files but I'll double check for sure. I won't be modifying any official learnsets for Marowak, but I could think of something. The other things sound like bugs I'll look into -- I'm aware of the text overflow, got to look into a UI redesign for that one. Thanks for pointing those out!

You can obtain Heart Scales from smashing Rocks in Mt.Ember, it's a relatively low drop rate but I got a few from the room in which Entei is located (Just leave and reenter repeatedly), I didn't find any in the cave or the beach route to the south, but they might be obtainable idk.

I have a couple of questions if you'd be kind enough to answer them. First, when using most of the Field Moves, the dialogue option triggers on the corresponding item (Tree, Rock, Water), yet when it comes to Strength, you have to manually select it from the Key Item each time. I know it's only a couple extra key presses if registered but are there any plans to change this so that you can just interact with Boulders?

Also, regarding Competitively Oriented items like Assault Vest, Choice Band/Scarf/Specs etc, is there any way to obtain them outside of the Battle Tower? (I assume since you haven't gotten around to putting Seven Island in, the Tower is inaccessible?)

Years
You can obtain Heart Scales from smashing Rocks in Mt.Ember, it's a relatively low drop rate but I got a few from the room in which Entei is located (Just leave and reenter repeatedly), I didn't find any in the cave or the beach route to the south, but they might be obtainable idk.

I have a couple of questions if you'd be kind enough to answer them. First, when using most of the Field Moves, the dialogue option triggers on the corresponding item (Tree, Rock, Water), yet when it comes to Strength, you have to manually select it from the Key Item each time. I know it's only a couple extra key presses if registered but are there any plans to change this so that you can just interact with Boulders?

Also, regarding Competitively Oriented items like Assault Vest, Choice Band/Scarf/Specs etc, is there any way to obtain them outside of the Battle Tower? (I assume since you haven't gotten around to putting Seven Island in, the Tower is inaccessible?)

A very low chance indeed! Rock Smash has a 25% chance to get an item, and then a 1/11 chance for it to be a Heart Scale. In other words, every Rock has a ~2.3% chance to yield a Heart Scale...

I'm not sure what you mean regarding Strength -- I've just fired up a copy of v0.5 and activated Strength by interacting with a Boulder directly.

Most competitive items are currently unavailable (although the data exists for them, so you could 'hack' them in yourself using debug mode). They're planned for release with the Trainer Tower.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
A very low chance indeed! Rock Smash has a 25% chance to get an item, and then a 1/11 chance for it to be a Heart Scale. In other words, every Rock has a ~2.3% chance to yield a Heart Scale...

I'm not sure what you mean regarding Strength -- I've just fired up a copy of v0.5 and activated Strength by interacting with a Boulder directly.

Most competitive items are currently unavailable (although the data exists for them, so you could 'hack' them in yourself using debug mode). They're planned for release with the Trainer Tower.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I thought it must have been very low but it's not too much of a grind, I'd much prefer to smash rocks than fish for Luvdisc. It appears that my copy must be bugged or something because I can't directly interact with Boulders, so disregard that. Are future versions going to be backwards compatible with save files? How exactly would one go about accessing Debug mode? This is excellent work btw, an absolute cut above most other remake RPGXP games.

Years
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I thought it must have been very low but it's not too much of a grind, I'd much prefer to smash rocks than fish for Luvdisc. It appears that my copy must be bugged or something because I can't directly interact with Boulders, so disregard that. Are future versions going to be backwards compatible with save files? How exactly would one go about accessing Debug mode? This is excellent work btw, an absolute cut above most other remake RPGXP games.

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on the boulder issue but I've never used the key item for it outside of testing! Debug mode can be accessed if you have a copy of RPG Maker XP and play it through that.

Yes, future updates will be backwards compatible. I might ask that you enter or leave a certain map before updating, but otherwise it'll be completely backwards compatible.

Years
v0.5.1 is now up. It's a wave of bugfixes, but also includes some much-needed sound file compression that brings the total file size down by almost 50%.

Hey first time posting here so hopefully I do this right. I just downloaded the game since I love the concept and am very excited to play through it. However, whenever I try and heal at either a Pokemon Center or with my mom my game crashes. It says there's an FMOD error, specifically "Script 'RGSS Linker FmodEx' Line 175. If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm playing on Mac if that makes a difference.

I can't test on a Mac, but I've updated a lot of sound files, including the healing sound effect. Hopefully you'll have more luck with that.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Is the update backwards compatible or will I have to restart from the beginning?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
The game still freezes when i beat the elite four. Should i just delete my old file and start a new game to get past this?

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
Years
v0.6 is up! This includes Seven Island content except for the Trainer Tower, which still needs some work.
The game still freezes when i beat the elite four. Should i just delete my old file and start a new game to get past this?

I can't replicate this at all. I've added a save point before Oak speaks to you in Pallet Town. Hopefully that should help.
Ayyee thanks bro, can i also play the game on mac? or only windows

I hear it's possible to play on Mac using something like Wineskin, but I've never done it so I'd just be Googling the information for you. I imagine you could do this yourself far better.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 3, 2018
I'm going to complete my kanto pokedex, I've caught 274 pokemon out of 276. I was wondering where Lugia and Ho-Oh are, because I can't find them... Are they available? And Deoxys? (I've seen the meteors on route 3)

Years
I'm going to complete my kanto pokedex, I've caught 274 pokemon out of 276. I was wondering where Lugia and Ho-Oh are, because I can't find them... Are they available? And Deoxys? (I've seen the meteors on route 3)

Not yet, hopefully soon. Check the 'Available Pokémon' link on the main page for a full list.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 18, 2018
Having this really nasty problem. Was defeated by Agatha and had to retake the steps. Now, when I enter her room my sprite won't even appear and I can't walk. Menu stills open normally and I can save.

Last edited:
Back