• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Pokémon Fan Region Help?

LadyLurantis940

The Bug-type Impostor
Years
I've never role played on this site before and don't really too often in general, so I was wondering if I could get some help fleshing out my medieval fan region role play?

Basically, it's very far from most other regions, and was diminished after voyagers settled in new land masses. The name is Wismera. The role play will take place when Wismera was still bustling with life.

Overall, the region is intended to have a very magical, fantasy feel, from the settlements to the routes to the castle where the ruler rests. It was an extremely expansive region that was more populous than every current generation combined. Think of every city and town in Pokémon, all in one place, with a few added areas. It's supposed to be large so the role play is interesting.

DISTINCT TOPICS

Religion: The wealthier the person, the more likely they are to be religious. People of Wismera mainly worship Arceus and Mew, with extravagant temples dedicated to them, but there are lesser shrines all over the place. Offerings include whatever foods the Pokémon is said to like or tools. People in poverty are less likely to be strictly religious, due to the lore of Pokémon like Victini, Jirachi, and Mespirit. Their poor treatment usually steers them away from symbols of luck, compassion, et cetera.

Deciding Rulers: Each decade, a tournament is held to determine the new ruler at Vivillae Palace. People between the ages of sixteen and forty are eligible, so the ruler isn't too old or too young. Everyone who wishes to register must see their settlement's Lord (the person who enforced laws and rules over it), so they may receive their Entry Seal. The tournament works in this fashion-
Once their Entry Seal is given, they must travel the region in order to defeat Captains and earn their Badges; much like Gym Leaders. The puzzle beforehand is determined by the respective Captain. There is one in every settlement. Whomever collects all the Badges first gets a chance to challenge the ruler. If they win, they are made ruler, and the previous one is like a Vice President.

Captain Count: Around one hundred two two hundred

(So that's pretty much it! I need some help with Captain concepts, settlement ideas, plot ideas, et cetera. All is appreciated!)

Years
If you're stuck on developing the setting/settlements, I'd just researching what some medieval places were actually like and using that as your start point.

Back