• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreign Aid?

Vragon

I believe you misunderstand Trev. I'm not advocating decreasing the aid budget, but spending it wisely. While yes there are countries that fit what you say and we should keep helping them, there are some that we can teach and show how to sustain themselves and if needed start the foundation. It's a waste to keep letting a leeching of our resources, when we could help them become more independent nd self-sustaining.

As your second part, it isn't relevant to my statement. In fact, I believe earlier in my long comment, I mentioned that we're to focused on " long drawn wars and giving 'protection' to countries". I'm only referring to the budget regarding aid, any other form of budget issues need to be discussed with themselves and should a currency move over be an option, then we should make it good.

My overarching point is this. That the US and Canada (if applicable) need to spend their money wisely. Stop putting money in research that doesn't benefit and is more cost then benefit, try doing methods in helping countries become self sustaining or at least require less aid and look into ways of moving things around our budget so we can keep our nation up and offer aid if we can. Cause we can't give aid if we have many internal issues, so that's something else to consider.

Back