• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Lost at Sea

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
So another Oddy made interest check! Fun! Oh and i'm sorry for not having CSS here, I hate plain garbage text blocks as much as the next magical senpai (Lies there can only be one!) but I can't do CSS without internet and I plan on making one hence some of the random side comments... blegh. But if anybody GP, Foxxy, Other people wants to PM me some ideas I would love you forever.

Oh and i'll probably expand the OP before I actually get around to posting, this is just what I have so far.

Originally was going to have a survival mechanic involving food and stuff but I scrapped that for a less journey oriented RP, but figured I would mention it here just incase.

Oh boy! You're living the sweet life right now, having won a free cruise trip around the world aboard the luxurious cruiseliner the S. S. Ann*!

Insert picture of a pretty fancy and dank cruise boat here.​

Or so you thought...
Three days into the trip and the ship is attacked by a strange storm. With the engines dead in the water and the ship beggining to take on water, you are left with no choice but to abandon ship in the middle of the night.
Adrift all night in one of the cramped lifeboats, you are awakened by someone excitedly shouting: "Land Ho!"
Sure enough, in the early morning light you can just about make out the vauge outline of an island in the distance...

Insert picture of island here​

Shipwrecked on this deserted island, you and your fellow cruise members have quite litterally found yourselves... Lost at sea.
- - -
Lost at Sea is an RP about being... Lost at sea after going on a free cruise trip that you mysteriously aquired a ticket too. Its a story based Pokémon journey RP that will have mysteries, laughs, and at least one inanimate object named Wilson. Oh and totally no cannabilistic natives hellbent on devouring you and your Pokémon. That would be just silly.
- - -
Q&A:
Q: So can I catch new Pokémon and be the best there ever was?
A: Well of course! As you explore the island new 'routes' will open up and there will be different pokemon in each, just like your average journey RP.

Q: So is this a normal journey RP but on an island?
A: Yes and No. This is pretty free form, but there IS a story to be told. The closest thing I can probably point you towards would be the Pokemon Crossroads RP, but thats still pretty far off...
Basically in each of the areas there will be tasks given out, some might reward obvious items like berries and other goodies to help you survive, but some might cause EVENT posts to occur which can do many things from uncovering new areas to unraveling the islands lore to even explaini- WHOOPS! Gotta keep that a secret. ;)
- - -
Rules:
1: All standard PC rules apply
2: One post every two weeks, I might make exceptions if you let me know, but otherwise I have some very interesting plans for characters whom have been 'abandoned'... >:3
3: Rating is T... I might change this to M before I fully release this. I am really tempted to throw canabalistic natives in after all :D
4: Joint posts are heavily encouraged, but that doesn't change the fact that 1 post per two weeks is required. I personally don't buy the whole "Timezones mess us up" excuse because i've gotten (rather long) JPs done with people on the other side of the planet in less than three days.
5. If you read the rules put "Bidoof is the best" somewhere in your SU.
- - -

Name: (Nicknames are cool, but no xXSw@ggyXx or the like)

Gender: (Unicorns only obvs... Jk Male or Female. Its pretty hard to mess up.)

Home town: (Somewhere in Pokéarth most likely)

Appearance: (Whatever you want for you character)

Personality: (Make sure to flesh them out with a couple of character flaws to make them stand out! I don't want any Ash Ketchum gary stu garbage. I'd say no offense to Ash Ketchum Gary Stu garbage but I think I meant it so...)

History: (A little bit of background to make it feel like your character didn't just suddenly exist because this RP was made. What were they doing in life before they got a cruise ticket?)

Pokemon: (I'm going to be REALLY nice here. Any Basic stage pokemon that isn't a legendary. I'll let you have a shiny if you want, but i'm letting you know right now that i'm going to be 9000x more strict so that not everybody has one. Also only one of each pokemon* meaning if somebody else has already been ACCEPTED with a Pokemon that means you can't have it. I'll update the OP with accepted players so you know...
While in character levels don't exist, we will be learning moves from the Level up list in order. I'll judge whether I feel like your Pokémon can learn a new move or evolve. You can know a total of six moves, ONE being a TM/Egg move. When making your SU, assume your Pokémon is level 15.

RP sample: A short piece showing how you would write the character. Possible ideas include the mysterious cruise ticket appearing in their life somehow. Not just a link to a random post thanks :3

*Name of the boat is subject to change.
**Exception would be if you are coordinating with another player to play siblings or something similar.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
Bidoof is the Best

Name: Aleosia, Nickname Aleo

Home town: Chicole Village (I hope the Ranger games count)

Appearance: Medium to Tall height (around 5'7). Eye Colour: Orange-Hazel. Hair Colour: Light Brown into Teal, usually wears hair straight back into a ponytail. Clothes: Likes to wear comfortable clothes. White Singlet underneath black short sleeved shirt. Wears a White long sleeved cloak/long hoodie when cold. Black comfortable trousers (very black and white. Huh) and black boots. Backpack is again black (mainly so it doesn't clash).

Personality: Quite intelligent (not genius level though). A bit morbid in her thoughts, laughs at really inappropriate times. Tends to be slightly controlling even though she tries not to be. Really likes Pokemon and will always try to pick up stray/abandoned Pokemon, which has gotten her into trouble more than once. She also may or may not be slightly insane, she has been known to talk to herself.

History: (Can we pretend that trainers exist in Almia as well as rangers? Thanks) Aleosia lives with her Mum (Dad left when they were two) in Chicole Village after moving from Iccirus City when she was 10. She got her Golett when she was ten and she could catch a Pokemon. She didn't know how it got on the outskirts of the city, but it did. She got Ralts after she moved to Chicole (Set after Shadows of Almia, Chicole has expanded). The Shiny Ralts was under threat from Poachers, she tried to find a ranger to help, but resorted to sending out Golett which she barely won with. Ralts agreed to be captured.

As a 15 year old she is confused at what she is going to do for a job, and is considering becoming a Ranger (Sorry that this is slightly AU, I just love the Pokemon Ranger Games)

Pokemon: Golett, female Name: Elaina Also can we have two Pokemon? If yes then a male Ralts with the name Vash (Preferably Shiny, I need that Gallade)

RP sample: Aleosia was up in her room, her Ralts - Vash, was being as lazy as usual seeming passed out on the floor next to her bed. And Elaina was shaking said Pokemon trying to wake him up. A small groan escaped the sleeping Ralts' mouth. He looked up at his trainer and glared. Well, Aleosia thought that he glared under the hat-thing.

"Aleo!" Aleosia heard her Mum say. "Coming!" she shouted back. She nodded her head toward her diligent - one at least - partners and they went downstairs with her. "What is it?" Aleosia asked. Her Mum gestured to a ticket on the kitchen counter. "This arrived in the mail, a ticket to the SS. Anne that says it will be departing tomorrow, fully paid." Aleo was confused, but then a large grin spread across her face.

"Can I go?" Her Mum sighed and glanced at the now three eager faces. She sighed "fine. Just be safe! And remember to pack your bags." With that the trio were off back upstairs, getting ready for the trip.

Okay there. I'm a bit new to roleplaying in forums and I have only really done it in live chats.

I hope you like it.

- Aleosia

Years
Bidoof is the Best

Name: Aleosia, Nickname Aleo

Home town: Chicole Village (I hope the Ranger games count)

Appearance: Medium to Tall height (around 5'7). Eye Colour: Orange-Hazel. Hair Colour: Light Brown into Teal, usually wears hair straight back into a ponytail. Clothes: Likes to wear comfortable clothes. White Singlet underneath black short sleeved shirt. Wears a White long sleeved cloak/long hoodie when cold. Black comfortable trousers (very black and white. Huh) and black boots. Backpack is again black (mainly so it doesn't clash).

Personality: Quite intelligent (not genius level though). A bit morbid in her thoughts, laughs at really inappropriate times. Tends to be slightly controlling even though she tries not to be. Really likes Pokemon and will always try to pick up stray/abandoned Pokemon, which has gotten her into trouble more than once. She also may or may not be slightly insane, she has been known to talk to herself.

History: (Can we pretend that trainers exist in Almia as well as rangers? Thanks) Aleosia lives with her Mum (Dad left when they were two) in Chicole Village after moving from Iccirus City when she was 10. She got her Golett when she was ten and she could catch a Pokemon. She didn't know how it got on the outskirts of the city, but it did. She got Ralts after she moved to Chicole (Set after Shadows of Almia, Chicole has expanded). The Shiny Ralts was under threat from Poachers, she tried to find a ranger to help, but resorted to sending out Golett which she barely won with. Ralts agreed to be captured.

As a 15 year old she is confused at what she is going to do for a job, and is considering becoming a Ranger (Sorry that this is slightly AU, I just love the Pokemon Ranger Games)

Pokemon: Golett, female Name: Elaina Also can we have two Pokemon? If yes then a male Ralts with the name Vash (Preferably Shiny, I need that Gallade)

RP sample: Aleosia was up in her room, her Ralts - Vash, was being as lazy as usual seeming passed out on the floor next to her bed. And Elaina was shaking said Pokemon trying to wake him up. A small groan escaped the sleeping Ralts' mouth. He looked up at his trainer and glared. Well, Aleosia thought that he glared under the hat-thing.

"Aleo!" Aleosia heard her Mum say. "Coming!" she shouted back. She nodded her head toward her diligent - one at least - partners and they went downstairs with her. "What is it?" Aleosia asked. Her Mum gestured to a ticket on the kitchen counter. "This arrived in the mail, a ticket to the SS. Anne that says it will be departing tomorrow, fully paid." Aleo was confused, but then a large grin spread across her face.

"Can I go?" Her Mum sighed and glanced at the now three eager faces. She sighed "fine. Just be safe! And remember to pack your bags." With that the trio were off back upstairs, getting ready for the trip.

Okay there. I'm a bit new to roleplaying in forums and I have only really done it in live chats.

I hope you like it.

- Aleosia

This isn't an actual RP, just an interest check to see if people would be interested in seeing it made. If you're looking to join an RP check out the casting section linked in the splash :). You might also want to check out our rules and guidelines to make your time here easier.

As for your idea itself Oddy, it looks good to me. There's been an RP like this in the past that I really enjoyed to read and I think it's a cool twist on a common RP genre. I'd love to see what you do with it.

Nove Nu-Vonde

( acquaintances become antiquated )
Years
This seems interesting. I've always been a big fan of RPs where the world gets discovered by the players themselves rather than being pre-laid out (not to bash on RPs that DO lay the world out, but it is pretty fun getting to explore). My only beef is the rules on what Pokemon you can own, which don't seem "REALLY nice" or lenient. They're pretty restrictive OoC and don't make a lot of sense IC, imo, either. Most of the people on this cruise are likely going to be older teens or young adults, with the exception of probably children dragged along by their parents, and their Pokemon are probably going to reflect this. I can't imagine a 30 year old whose had a Charmander since childhood would not have at least evolved it to a Charmeleon by then, etc. Not saying every rando should be allowed to zip around on the backs of Latios and wreck havoc with Heatran, but I still think this rule should allow for a bit more freedom and variety, especially considering that nobody is allowed to have the same Pokemon.

Otherwise, a neat premise that seems like it would be fun. I will be keeping an eye out for when this gets officially posted.

Oddball_

Years
Its a balancing issue if I dont have just first stage pokemon unfortunately. And its for variety tha

Oddball_

Years
Theres nothing to say they cant have a Charizard that just isnt with them. maybe their ball sunk >:)

Years
There's potential here. I can definitely think of a character to play if I join. Although your comment about the Charizard in its ball sinking into the ocean makes me think that this story has all sorts of opportunity to get take a turn for the worst. Either in our backstories or on the island itself, things will get dark. And who knows how many people and Pokemon died when the ship went down? Odds are slim that everyone escaped, and I imagine we'd be a small group who came ashore together (possibly just one lifeboat?).

Oddball_

Years
Oh yeah not everyone made it because ships hold hundreds of people. We have maybe 15 tops.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I think I may be a little late to the party but I absolutely love this concept SO much. Would love to be a part of it if you ever decide to roll {get it? like the waves, LOL!!!!) with it!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
My buddy Odd with Deserted Island? Awesome. Can i send out ideas for such like areas, or even help you out? It interests me. A Lot. Plus, if i do feel like joining in, i might think of a creative Starter.

Back